“so far, the best in cebu”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
cebu
“so far, the best in cebu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

i love their rooms, may it be the garden villa or the private villa.
i love their furnitures! i wish i could take those home with me.
The adult pool was only 4 ft. though, no slides, just a plain infinity pool. it was great for hanging out.
the staff were so nice, acoommodating, welcoming and they got really great service.
But they kinda mess up esp when there are a lot of guests checking in.
We got our our welcome drinks an hour after check in due to the large number of guests they had that time.
The breakfast buffet was so far the best i had.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
76 Thank blinkboxtraveler
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about the service we provide inspired us to work even harder in delighting all our guests. Rest assured our check in is better since the time you stayed with us.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manila
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stayed in crimson after I left abaca hotel and I liked the place better jus because it had more amenities than abaca.

I stayed in a villa with a pool overlooking the ocean and it was pretty and clean :)

The pool and play area for kids was a hit with my toddler but i was a bit itchy after swimming in the pool.

Breakfast was ok.

Service was very good :)

• Stayed July 2010
45 Thank LOxmac

My team and I are thrilled to read your review. Your excellent comments about the service we provide inspired us to work even harder in delighting all our guests. Rest assured that our pools are maintained 3x daily.

nyc/hkg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2011

First and foremost, let me just say- the service here is the best I've ever experienced (perhaps it's the location, or perhaps it's the hotel training)- even better than any of the shangrila's/four seasons I've ever stayed at.

cons: smaller beach, though it's not really an issue cause there isn't many ppl at the resort (though this seemed the case with cebu overall- when i looked over to the shangri la- i only saw about 6-8 rooms with lights on). the pool is only 4ft deep- not a bad thing though if you're only there to hang out. fit/finish in the cheaper rooms is not the greatest (still nice though). food menu is limited but the breakfast buffet is very good! ants- there were ants around the resort- but i supposed that's anywhere- good thing they weren't the kind that bothered/bite you!

pros: phenomenal customer service-- i had issues the first night i got there, and the guest relations manager on duty at the time i complained (Nestle B.) was able to ensure that the remainder of my stay more than made up for it. Facilities- i had a beach front villa- and the view every morning of the ocean was very very relaxing. the pool was good- but i imagine if/when the resort got busier the pool may be a little too small. restaurants- there are four outlets, and again, service is impeccable- whether i hung out at the beachy bar area, or the jazz lounge- it was def. a good time.

Overall- i would go back (as long as i get the villa room)- the regular suites aren't as nice in my opinion. my gf and i spent 5 days/4nts just relaxing and taking in the good weather/food/service and overall atmosphere. I don't recommend this place for singles looking to hook up, but for couples/families i'd say this is the best in Cebu. I've done shangri la before- and while it's very good, the service here along with the coziness of it all make it a better destinations for couples/family. I generally don't bother writing reviews but i was so impressed with this place i figured i should give credit where it's due. final note- the high/low tide on the beach is large distance- and during low tide (4pm onwards) the beach had a bunch of rocks so not fun to swim in, but the morning (8am onwards) the water comes all the way up so it's a nice beach to swim in- i suggest beach swimming early, pool for late- and service wise, everything is the same btn the two!

final final note- while i was there, two korean ladies who were snorkeling in the ocean started to drown- the life guard was able to get to the first one no problem, the second one however needed CPR performed. while they were able to revive her, i think they lost a few seconds because they first started CPR near the water- and had to stop in between to pull her further away from water. but it's nice to know the life guard was able to save both

Room Tip: hotels.com- use american site/google coupons
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
73 Thank tongpo98

LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

I would not say that Cebu is one of the "places you should go before I die." The city is not very pretty or pleasant; neither the neighborhood around the hotel. But if you go to Cebu, definitely Crimson hotel is the place to stay.
I use to travel a lot and I can say that the service at this hotel is one of the best I have ever experienced. Just to have an idea about how much they care, imagine you in the sauna and someone knocks on the door, just bring you a glass of water and refreshing towels. Actually the courtesy and care they have with the guests is exceptional, in all sectors of the hotel.
It is not a huge hotel and being so, you have the advantage of having everything around you; no huge distances to the beach, swimming pool or restaurants. But do not be fooled by the size as the hotel offers a wonderful infrastructure, which provides a lot of things to do during your stay.
The rooms are all nice and if you go to the top of the accommodation you will be in an exceptional “private villa”.
The restaurants are very good, the breakfast is fantastic.
The spa has it all. Sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and it’s own swiming pool. Many types of massage are offered and the price (unlike most spas) is quite reasonable.

If you are looking for a “paradisiac” beach, this is not your place. Because the beach is small, man-made. But if this is not a problem for you, the beach is really nice, with a warm and crystalline water.

Although I was not impressed with Cebu, I eventually would consider returning there because of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
78 Thank BEMVENUTTI

Iloilo City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

my husband and i stayed in this resort from may 23-28, 2011. the resort is along a small and private beach by the sea. it is far from the city center and quite a distance from the main road so it is really conducive to rest and relaxation. it has two infinity pools for both adults and children. the rooms are comfortable and spacious. there are many lounging hairs and cabanas all around for you to laze on. the resort itself is well-planned, clean and well-maintained. the staff are courteous and the service is good. the buffet is sumptuous and delectable. while there are a lot of guests, no one bothers you and you could have a peaceful walk along the beach or around the resort, either in the early morning or even late at night as the premises are well-lighted.security in coming in and out of the resort is tight so that gives you a sense of being safe. it's really a nice place to relax and retreat from the daily hassles of life. i give it a thumbs up.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
72 Thank laurlaw2002

Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

The best thing about this place is the food. Food here is great. I wanted to hug the chef..ha ha. The prices are reasonable except for the buffet which is way over priced. Other than that the resort is great. It is still very new and that is good. The rooms are very nice with great bathrooms. The beach and pool are nice. But, nothing like plantation bay which has so many pools. The food and rooms, though, are better at Crimson. The service is great from everyone there. It is full of Koreans which is fine. They seem very polite and quiet. I guess that is where they do their marketing. We stayed there twice and the second time there the internet was very slow in room 115. But, the previous week when in room 25 it was super fast.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
76 Thank joe v

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

Before we arrived, we called the resort if they could pick us up in the airport and asked if it would be free as most of the resorts I had been to had a free airport to hotel transfer, they said they do have that service but they would charge us 500 pesos. We did not bite the offer and opted to hire a car in the airport and we only payed 350 pesos for it. By the way, I stayed in the resort for three nights.
When we arrived at the resort we were greeted by their very courteous staff and the ladies in the front desk were very kind as well. After verifying our reservation, our luggages were then carried by their personnels and we rode a golf cart just like in Plantation Bay.

The Room:
The room was beautiful, spacious and you can say that it is designed for lovers as the wall dividing the bedroom and the bathroom has a large window than can be opened and the shower cubicle is made of glass as well. The television is also big, it is a 42" HD LCD. I also love their pillows, it is very comfortable, not to soft, not to hard, just enough. They have free wifi as well but the signal was very low. Their tap water is not potable just like most of the resorts in Mactan but no need to worry as you can ask for bottled waters anytime and you can ask as many you like as they are for free but don't drink the ones inside the refrigerator as they are not free, only those red-colored bottled waters are free.

The Surroundings and views:
The resort is very clean and has lots of picturesque views.

The pool:
The resort has an infinity pool at varying depths, the shallowest being 2.5 ft and the deepest at 4 ft. Not really deep if you ask me. The pool is small and crowded. It is open from 7 am to 9 pm.

The beach:
The beach will look and feel nice if it is high tide since the water will reach and cover the white sands that were artificially placed there but if it is low tide, the beach would look so ugly and rocky that no one would want to take a dip at all. The beach is also small.

The freebies:
The hotel will give its guests free 15 minute kayak ride and 50% off on spa services.

The water sports and island hopping:
The hotel offers different kinds of water sports and I was only able to ride the jet ski. Prices for their water sports were definitely high, way higher than in Boracay and in Plantation Bay. One unit of jet ski would be 2500 pesos per 30 minutes. Their para-sailing was insanely overpriced, they charge 7000 pesos per person for 15 minutes and a minimum of two person is required, so that would mean a total of 14,000 pesos for a 15-minute para-sailing ride. Bummer. In Boracay, it was only 1800 pesos per person for 15 minutes. In Plantation Bay, it is only priced at 3500-4000 pesos per person. Island hopping is at 4,000 pesos per person.

The restaurants:
I would have to agree with the earlier reviews, the price of the foods and beverages were really high, way higher than the other 5 star resorts and hotels here in Cebu. The taste of the food in Azure and Tempo (two of their four restaurants) were just so-so, it was bland but very pricey. We payed 3500 - 4000 pesos per meal at those restaurants and there were only three of us. We also ate at Saffron Cafe, the one which has a buffet serving foods from different countries. The food selection was really huge, you would definitely be confused as to what to eat and all of them looked really tasty and I must say the foods there were tasty, way better than the foods they serve in Azure and Saffron. I did enjoy the food and after a sumptuous meal we called the waiter for the bill and told him beforehand to just add it to our room charge. When the bill came, as we have to sign it, we were a bit shocked when we found out that our bill reached 6,800 pesos and there were only three of us and we only asked for water which is free. But when we looked at the food selection again we said to ourselves that it was worth it since we were really full and it was, after all, tasty. If I were to choose among the three, Azure, Tempo and Saffron, I would still choose Saffron even if its pricey. After all, when I go on a vacation, I go to enjoy and not to save money. They also have a Pastry Station and the prices of their cakes were "cheap" compared to the usual price in their restaurants so I bought 2 slices, one opera cake and the other was a Tri-colore cake. Guess what? It was blaaaaahhhh.... Not tasty at all, it was bland, not sweet. It only looked tasty but is really not. But then again, it was "cheap"

Overall:
My 3-night stay in the resort was a good one, I had fun and it was a nice experience being there. Would I recommend this resort? Yes, if you want to try an alternative to Shang-rila, Hilton, Imperial Palace and Plantation bay. Will I go back? Maybe.

Tips: If swimming is what you are after, go to Plantation Bay, the pools and lagoons there are definitely not overcrowded as they are very huuuuugggeeee. There is room for everyone. If you like slides, go to Imperial Palace. If you like beach, go to Bantayan Island, Camotes, Moalboal or Malapascua.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
40 Thank travellllevart

I am sorry if your stay fell short of your expectations. Rest assured that we are continually looking for ways to further improve the services we offer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,039 reviews
Be Resorts - Mactan
Be Resorts - Mactan
#14 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!