“Crimson Hotel has great service”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We enjoyed our short stay during the Easter holidays. Pool Villa was nice. But what made our stay memorable was the great service we received from all the staff from the guest relations officer to the waiters to the housekeeping. The only drawback was there were a lot of people (esp the locals) who were there only for the day. Made the small beach and the main pool very crowded! There is also only one main restaurant so if youre staying for more than 3 days, you might easily get bored with the food. I also hope they can improve the food quality and variety some more. But otherwise, everything was ok. Facilities were nice and service was good.

Room Tip: pool villa
44  Thank gracebb
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

My family and I are glad to have tried this resort which offers wonderful facilities, excellent service, and close proximity to the sea....all for a relatively affordable price. We hope the hotel, which is new, stays the same even after many years of service.

60  Thank onebell

Reviewed April 29, 2011

I been In crimson 2times and both I had so much fun and relax :)
They have a great service, great place to relax and enjoy with friends, family...
If I go back to Cebu I'll stay in crimson :)
Enjoy :-D

• Stayed: April 2011
62  Thank Abdelspain

Reviewed April 29, 2011

I spent 7 days in this resort during the Easter holidays break. Overall I enjoyed my vacation, however it could have been a better one.

Let's start with the good points :

The resort itself is very nice, immerse in a well kept garden, lovely pools and even the beach although small is pretty nice.
We stayed in a pool villa : the room was big enough for our family ( 2 adults+ 1 child + 2 babies) . It was nicely appointed with a big bathroom. The terrace with the plunge pool was fair even do it lacks in privacy (villa 535) due to the presence of an external glass wall that allow anyone passing in front of the pool to look in to it.
During our stay, as we were in a Spa all inclusive package, we enjoyed daily treatment in the in house SPA, and this has been the highlight of our vacation. The Spa is very nice, therapists are well trained, extremely polite and well mannered.
We truly enjoyed our treatments and the healthy and tasty drinks provided. A special mention to therapists Pio and Grace
Our package includes all day meals in the resort main restaurant. The restaurant is buffet style, the food quality is not bad, however there were where little changes in the menu daily, so if you will stay there for a weekend, it will be fine, if you are going to stay longer you will easily get bored. In any case I would like to mention one of the waitress : Grace. During her presence she always try her best to serve our family timely.

Let's get to the points the IMHO need improvements :

The resort allow external people to use its facility (pools, restaurant, beach and so on) for a daily fee. During the Easters days, it was full of local Cebuano people on a daily/picnic trip. There weren't enough sun lounge for everybody neither in the pool nor in the beach. The restaurant was full, so you have to queue ion order to get a table and of course the overall level of service have been drastically affected by this.
Even do I may understand and accept their resort policy, I think that those arrangement for daily entrance should not jeopardise the vacations of fully paying guests like us. Please remember that this is supposed to be a luxury resort where you pay premium rates, so expectation level will be set up accordingly.

Housekeeper service has been very inconsistent : the terrace area (with plunge pool) of our room have never been clean in 7 days !!! Turn down service has been done only in some days. Either you offer turndown service or you don't ! You cannot do it one day and not anymore for the next 2 days !

Our package includes 2,000 PHP of daily beverage allowance, however once checked in they told me that I was entitled to only 1,000 PHP. It took me 3 days to convince them that I was right. They even ask me to show them some proof ! But that package is published and available directly on their website ! How stupid !

On the last day of our stay I approached the front desk for the check out. They presented me a bill on which several beverages extras were included. I asked them to explain me how they treat my daily beverages allowance but they were clueless and they told me that they will have to clarify the matter with their accounting team, promising to get back to me shortly. After 2 hours I went back to the front desk asking for my bill. This time the front desk supervisor invited me to join him in a "client relationship" area, where he presented me the same bill as before. I again asked him for clarification about the extras charges and initially he just mentioned me that this was the final calculation with all allowance deduction already done. Still I was not satisfied with his answer and I asked him to show me the computation and daily transaction for my room account. He then called somebody ( I don't know who as they were speaking in their language) and magically after less than a minute he presented me a new bill were all those beverages extra charges were deleted.
So, as you can imagine, I felt that something was wrong. Anyway I payed my billed, but still left the resort with the feeling that they try to overcharge me.

Conclusion : the resort is nice and have big potential. From time to time they are able to reach a high level of service. However, apart from the SPA, service is very inconsistent and considering the cost of this resort I don't think that is value for money.
If you choose to stay here, do it for a weekend and it will probably be fine. Longer stay are not suggested.

Room Tip: Pool Villa are not value for money !
28  Thank Aletaty

I am sorry if your stay fell short of your expectations. Rest assured that we are continually looking for ways to further improve the services we offer.

Reviewed April 24, 2011

We checked into Crimson on Friday morning, and although the room wasn't ready yet we were shown to a change room so that we could get ready for the pool. It was very busy for the Easter long-weekend and as a new resort we think they were possibly a little under-prepared as they were low on chairs and towels however the great staff were very helpful and quickly rectified the problem. The pool area is lovely, very relaxing, and the beach is very refreshing with crystal clear water. The whole property is beautifully manicured with great landscaping, especially at the entrance.

In the afternoon we spent some time in the spa which was just divine. The spa facilities are really fantastic, with steam room, sauna and great private pool. But if you want to get a manicure or pedicure take your own nail polish as theirs isn't the greatest & started to melt off a few hours after it was applied.

We had dinner Friday at the beach side cafe, the pork with crispy skin for two people, it was fantastic and we recommend you try it if you stay here. The cocktails are also really great, the pina colada especially - not too sweet and very refreshing! Breakfast buffet was very solid with a wide range of food. Looking forward to it again tomorrow before we head home! Otherwise we ate mostly by the pool and thought the food was always to a high standard... Not Michelin, but solidly great.

Rooms are big and very comfortable. Great bath looking out over a little garden... Would be better if there were two sinks but other than that, great bed, REALLLLLY comfortable, and nice linen. We often stay in 5 star hotels for work & we thought the rooms were fantastic, some of the best we have stayed in. The whole resort is beautifully done, a nice balance of tradition and modern, elegant and understated.

Overall we loved the whole weekend. It was exactly what we wanted and we are so relaxed right now, ready to go home tomorrow very refreshed. The people who work here are absolutely lovely and made the stay a dream. Be aware though that the resort is not near to much, though you wouldn't really come to Cebu for the nightlife. We went out for dinner the Saturday night at another resort whose restaurant is highly rated and in one of the guides and we were quite disappointed. If you just want somewhere you can stay, relax and not have to leave for a few days then Cebu is perfect. I wouldn't call it "boutique" but it is certainly smaller than a lot of the other resorts here and a lot more picturesque.

We hope you love it as much as we did.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
61  Thank ZoZorolli

Reviewed April 13, 2011

I just needed to stay there for one night as stop over. Hotel is near to the airport (around 15 min drive) and directly on the sea (the beach is not the nices one). But they have lots of water sport activities to offer. We stayed in the Garden Suite for the night which was a really nice room with a little veranda. Could be a bit annoying as the Suites are all next to each other, so this is no real privacy.
And pls note, it is a family hotel, so lots of kids playing on the pool, playground, so not a realxing, peaceful holiday.
But the rooms were very clean and the staff were helpful.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
39  Thank Krissi55

Reviewed April 7, 2011

Crimson is literally 10 minutes drive from the airport, the hotel only opened last fall and will give the Shangri La and others a run for their money. The staff are all very helpful and attentive, the resort is clean and the rooms are very nice. The pool villas are exceptional. The gym, pool and beach area are all great. The spa is lovely too. Only downside for a long stay is there really is only one restaurant.

Will definitely come again.

Room Tip: regular rooms are a bit noisy, villas are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
57  Thank Fran_Thompson

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about the service we provide inspired us to work even harder in delighting all our guests. Also, we now have several restaurants available in our resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 92 in Cebu City
BE Resort, Mactan
BE Resort, Mactan
#16 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!