“EXCELLENT!”

Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan
Ranked #4 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed March 22, 2011

This was my first trip to the Philippines, with the goal of relaxation and SCUBA. After staying at a 4 star hotel for 5 nights, getting some SCUBA in and researching about 5 or 6 5 star resorts, I selected the Crimson. The staff is unbelievibly professional and courteous, the food is great and the atmosphere is perfect. This resort is more for couples, kind of a romantic honeymoon place. There is absolutly everything and anything you would want to do on the property. The only trick is it is a new Resort and some of the cab drivers do not really know where it is. The lack of signs out on the road makes for a bit of an adventure, but the total security makes up for locating the Resort. And another big plus, is the Crimson is half the price of the other Resorts along this section of Mactan. I visited several and the Crimson is the one to stay at. As for the SCUBA diving....the Philippines is surounded by channels, not ocean. The currents are pretty strong on the wall dives and I recommend having a local dive master with you. There are several santuaries to snorkel and dive at that make up for the current......do not miss diveing the santuaries. The crews are set up to cook a GREAT meal on the boat between dives. I look forward to returning to this area soon.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
43  Thank riverguy2508
GMCrimsonMactan, General Manager at Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience while staying at Crimson Resort and Spa. We sincerely value your comments in our continuous effort to provide friendly and efficient service.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again to our resort in the not too distant future.

James

Write a ReviewReviews (3,830)

Reviewed March 17, 2011

i've been exprienced with other big hotels in other resort areas but when i got to crimson hotel. it gave me very different feeling from others. it had very cozy and unique feelings. my child loved the kids zone and swimming pool. they were just perfect for the family with young kids. all the facilties were in the center of the hotel, so it was easy to get around ( you don't get lost ho ho ho !!!) you have to go try fish feeding. whenever you drop some picecs of bread, a lot of fishes are getting closer and close to eat. you can almost grad the fish with you hands. it doesn't cost me, but it gave me and my kids great fun.
oh, now i remember, why they named the hotel " crimson" , one day when the sun was setting the sky was pretty red. i never seen the pretty red color like that not even in guam. the color of the sky was perfect match with the crimson color, just like the name of the hotel. at the breakfast, there was kimchi jun(kimchi pancake), i loved that, even my 7 years old boy liked it. he ate quite a bit.

Oh yes, must try island hopping. It was great and different.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
45  Thank moosoyoo

Reviewed March 15, 2011

We stayed at the Crimson Resort & Spa in late February 2011. There are very few negative things to say about this resort. The front desk service is exceptional. They upgraded us to a garden room. Our luggage and welcome drinks actually were already in the room by the time we arrived. The rooms are very nice and our bathroom had a 21-inch flat screen in it!!! Nice touch!! The showers are fantastic...rain showers! They have golf carts to drive you to the rooms much like they have at Plantation Bay on the other side of the island. The swimming pools are fantastic and so was the children's playground that was staffed with two very nice young girls who entertained our 2-yr old for an hour.

There's not many negative things to say about this hotel except....the location. It's so far away from everything and difficult to get a metered taxi out of the hotel. On average...about a 10-15 minute wait. This is not the fault of the hotel but an inconvenience otherwise. It's a fairly new resort and don't be surprised if the taxi drivers have never heard of it. We didn't come across a single driver who ever heard of the resort and had to show them how to get there. Also beware...the taxi drivers in Cebu are amongst the most dishonest I have ever come across in the Philippines. They are overcharging and pocketing the money when they are supposed to be using their meters by law.

The food prices also seemed quite outrageous. I travel around the world about 2 to 3 times a year, I stay at 5-star resorts occasionally and I know this is just part of the deal....however, the food prices in their restaurants exceeded any price I would have paid in my own country (Canada).

The resort kind of reminded me of Plantation Bay Resort (also on Mactan Island). If I had to choose either I would probably choose Plantation Bay. However, saying that....Crimson Resort is beautiful and I would also recommend this hotel as well.

We have been to Cebu many times. A tip for 1st timers: there are no natural beaches on Mactan Island. The island itself is not very big and reminds me of landfill. As a matter of fact, even the man-made beaches are very poor. If you are looking for nice beaches...Palawan & Boracay are the places to go!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
19  Thank Joe M

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about the service we provide inspired us to work even harder in delighting all our guests. Rest assured that our buffet prices are relatively cheaper compared to that in other resorts of the same quality.

Reviewed March 14, 2011

The moment we arrived at the resort, we already felt that me and my family will enjoy our stay here. The feel of when you are in this property is not like the other hotels that we have stayed in. The resort is a sprawling property and not like staying in a high-rise hotel where you can enjoy the scenery not to mention all the amazing furnitures that are on display from the lobby up until the rooms.

We stayed in a " Private Pool Villa" and the moment we entered our room our children just couldn't wait to try the private plunge pool that is included in the room. Our villa is very spacious. The pull-out sofa bed was big enough for my 3 kids. The master's bedroom has a big king size bed that me and my shared. It was really value for money.

Our villa is already inclusive of breakfast and I would say that the variety of food in the buffet was really well thought off. Compliments to the chef.

I have attached some of our pictures to share our wonderful time.

Thank you Crimson and see again soon.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
26  Thank TheBiggerOne

Reviewed February 25, 2011

Location - A bit far from the city (at least 45 minutes away barring traffic) thus one is better off in the city hotels if they want to see sights and go shopping. This place is a "getaway" place and should probably be good for honeymooners and those who want their rest. They have service vans and cars but only two timed schedules for a city trip (drop off and pick up), otherwise one should be prepared to pay for the long taxi trip to the resort.
Rooms - Beautiful and well designed, comfortably-sized rooms (ours was a twin), There is a sofa which can serve as "extra" bed if travelling with kids. Bathroom was designed in such a way that it can be opened to the main room. Wide LCD TVs, good air-conditioning with ceiling fan and a back patio (veranda for second floor rooms). They have rooms with plunge pools (probably at a higher rate). A golf cart can take you to and from your room to the main lobby, which is both a convenience and inconvenience (which means you might need to wait to be fetched).
Wifi - strong wifi signal in our room (near the property line) but poor to no mobile signal even in the main dining hall (Saffron). My line was serviced by Globe Telecom, so maybe no cells where yet installed in the vicinity.
Food - Limited food choices in the breakfast and lunch buffet. The dessert bar probably better stocked than the main dish area. I hope they will serve more choices in the future like the other 5-star hotels. The taste of food was good in some of the menu and bland in others.
Water fun - two big main pools facing the beach, plenty of loungers and two beach cabanas flanking it. More loungers near the beach area which was small and probably man-made just for sun bathing. They have rides for rent (i never asked for the fees) and a floating walking pier, probably launch areas for the speedbooats, jetskis and kayaks.
Spa - was not able to try. The spa menu was quite exorbitant -PhP3500-5500, for just a facial which can be a full body spa in some other spas in the city.
Service - It was good, response immediate and friendly staff.
All in all, these place is a good one to go to if you intend to stay in and just relax. If you want to see more of Cebu, try the hotels nearer the city center.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
23  Thank KTJison

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about the service we provide inspired us to work even harder in delighting all our guests. Rest assured that I have noted and addressed your concerns.

Reviewed February 24, 2011

beautiful and calm resort.
This opened in 2010, so very clean and comfortable
most of all, has a beautiful swimming pool

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
27  Thank erikalee99

My team and I are thrilled to read such a wonderful review. Your excellent comments about our clean and comfortable resort has been shared with my team.

Reviewed February 24, 2011

Our stayed at Crimson was not really a good experience. When we check inn the resort they gave us the room that is far away from the reception and pool with roof top and power line view. The room was dirty and we were very disappointed as thier website looks awesome. We complained so they move us to a better room which was fair enough. Walls are not design as noise proof, we can hear our next door room banging thier door and even laughing. Aircon was not working properly, the toilet was block so we have to wait long in order for them to fix. The resort is well design which was the only good side, nice view, nice pool but beach is small. If you need taxi you have to specify what u need one urgently, otherwise you have to wait very long. You need to look after your things as well. ( We lost stuff ). Check your credit card week /weeks after you check in as you might be double charge. Crimson is nice but there are some stuff that you need to be aware off. Crimson is good to stay if you need relaxation, Spa is expensive but its worth it. Its bit inconvenient if you want shopping because Cebu City is far. They provide transportation but theres time table for drop off and pick up. Food is good there.
Staff are friendly which was nice as well. I still recommend this resort.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
7  Thank Sarah_Lim123

I am sorry if my team and I fell short of your expectations. Rest assured that we are continually looking for ways to further improve the services we offer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lapu Lapu
#1 of 92 in Cebu City
BE Resort, Mactan
BE Resort, Mactan
#16 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan? Share your experiences!