“Average and overpriced food”

Acqua at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 136 Restaurants in Lapu Lapu
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Acqua serves modern authentic Italian cuisine with a panoramic view of the ocean. Its signature pizzas, baked in a classic brick oven, are popular favorites.
Miami Beach, Florida
“Average and overpriced food”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Went there for lunch with my girlfriend. We shared an excellent beef carpaccio as an appetizer. The rest of the lunch was very average. The cheese on my pizza didn't tasted at all like real mozarella. The pork chop of my gf was average, it had a bad oil taste. For this lunch, 1 appetizers, 2 mains, 1 bottleof wine (1000 pesos), and 2 small ice creams for desserts we have paid 4000 pesos... Really really too expensive considering the quality of the food. Also, i was really pissed the prices of the wines on the wine list doesn't include the 20% or 25% tax, you're up for a bad surprise when reveiving the check. Service was just ok. They brang our main dishes even we were not done with our appetizer and the waited could smile more.maybe she was tired I don't know but she didn't made us feel welcome at all. There was no one to welcome us or say hello, and no one to say goodbye to us. So long for the 5 stars treatment...

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank jasperzzz
JuergenDoerr, General Manager at Acqua at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for visiting one of our restaurants and for sharing your experience.

We have taken note of your feedback and will take the appropriate actions. We hope you will be able to come back someday to enjoy the true Shangri-La hospitality.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Seoul, South Korea
“Good standard Italian affair in excellent location.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Acqua is a solid italian restaurant in a great setting. Food is solid, albeit a bit plain. But still probably the best Italian in Mactan.

Visited March 2013
Manila
“A Tepid Acqua”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

On my last night at the Shangri-la Mactan last Feb.17, I had dinner at this restaurant. At first I came here for lunch on the same day but it was closed for an exclusive function, i.e.there was an Indian couple who reserved the whole place for their wedding guests. At that time, the restaurant was serving Indian food buffet. When I came back at night, I tried the ala carte menu which was predominantly Italian. While waiting, they gave me a variety of bread with some dips, i.e. pesto sauce and fresh tomatoes in olive oil. I settled just for the Lombardy minestrone soup after deliberating on what to eat. I wasn't that hungry that night. Well, the verdict on the soup is that it is okay but I have tasted far better minestrone soups than this one. I like the ambiance of the place though, very conducive for intimate dinners.

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Best bet for food at Shangri-la Mactan”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

In addition to having breakfast at Acqua a few mornings during our recent stay at Shangri-la, we dined there for dinner one evening. It was late, we were hungry and we did not want to leave the resort or order room service (cold food). Acqua looks out over one of the resort's two swimming pools. It's a quieter atmosphere than the area near the main pool of the resort. My husband ordered a trio sample pasta dish and I ordered the bolognese and a bottle of wine. The pasta dishes were good, nothing over the top and nothing to complain about. Although the food was average, the service was excellent-attentive, friendly and thoughtful. We were so exhausted from our day that we couldn't finish the bottle of wine, and the staff allowed us to cork it up and take it up to our room, which was nice.

The breakfast at the Acqua restaurant is less frenzied and crowded than the breakfast buffet at Tides. There's probably a bigger selection of offerings at Tides, but we preferred the quieter atmosphere of Acqua. Bread, muesli, cereal, some veggies, fruits and cappucino is perfect for me. But if you want sushi, kimchi, and/or Chinese food for breakfast, Tides has all that and more.

• Visited November 2012
Quezon city
“Just not the soup”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Maybe it was because of the late hours (an hour before closing)...but while the service was impeccable, the food was quite bad. My husband and I both ordered different soups- minestrone and I had potato soup. But both were bad tasting. No amount of salt and pepper could fix it. The main course was just okay. When asked how our dinner was, we just didn't have the heartbto say it was bad because of the nice service of the waiters and the manager.