“Seafood is the game”

Cowrie Cove at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 136 Restaurants in Lapu Lapu
Cuisines: Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Scenic view, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: At Cowrie Cove, guests can savor fresh seafood under a canopy of stars and with the sound of ocean waves directly below the alfresco deck. The newly renovated Waves Bar is the perfect venue for guests to enjoy signature cocktails at sunset.
Surrey
“Seafood is the game”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Choose your seafood, eat it, enjoy the view, this is one of my happy places. The staff are eager to inform you of your menu choices.

Visited February 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Drinks and appetizer”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The drinks were great(not watered down) the service was great just had drinks and appetizers a place to hang out and relax. had a shrimp appetizer that was amazing.

• Visited November 2013
LA
“Beautiful location, limited menu”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The ambiance is just excellent, with views over the water and beach. There are tables inside and airconditioned, however so long as weather is permitting the patio is the place to be. The perfect setting for a romantic meal. The menu was a little disappointing, it was just to limited. Pacing was good as was the service. My wife’s meal came out fine, mine appeared to have been sitting for a while. Although the prawns were very good and huge.
Price is high for Cebu, we were a little over 4000. However under $100 US for 2, including 3 glasses of wine, in a resort such as this is hard to beat.

• Visited November 2013
Mandaluyong, Philippines
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sorry :-(”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The shrimp in our sinigang was not fresh. Pusit (squid) is one of my favorite seafood dishes and I have eaten it in many venues - I could not eat the pusit because it was tougher than rubber - inedible! For a restaurant of this supposed caliber, the food should be of utmost quality ... Sorry :-( very disappointed.

Visited November 2013
“The best view and the best seafood!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We had a dinner here with my wife and my 2 year old daughter to celebrate my wife's birthday. We checked in at shangri-la and decided to try out this place because it was recommended by a friend.
Food: We ordered on seafood platter and their signature soup: the cowrie cove coconut soup.The seafood platter was great and their cowrie cove coconut soup is a must try. Before we were served with our orders, they served us different kinds of bread which had a tuna and a cheese dip which was complementary. I ordered for a beer but it was a liquor ban that time due to the elections so I ordered a mango juice. It was kind of sour for me and even my kid does'nt like it.
Service: A plus point on the complementary bread and the very attentive waiters/waitresses. One thing though, since it was a liquor ban I saw foreigners being served with beers but the locals were not. I guess the liquor ban only applies to the locals.
They don't have a kiddie chair for my 2 year old daughter. I tried on a similar restaurant, they even gave my daughter a lighting magic wand just to preoccupy her. So a tip to parents, if you're bringing your kid with you, try the Tides also in shangri-la.
Value: We had a 20% discount plus a 1000 PHP consumable on our hotel stay which we used during our dinner. So it was "sulit" (getting the value for your money) indeed.
Atmosphere: We had a table on the beach side coz we like the ambiance their. But it rained just when our food was served and we were transferred on a room. You can hear the other table talking, so a tip to would be diners: have a table outside if the weather's fine.

• Visited October 2013