“bar with a magnificent ocean view”

Cowrie Cove at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Ranked #11 of 149 Restaurants in Lapu Lapu
Cuisines: Seafood, Fusion
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: At Cowrie Cove, guests can savor fresh seafood under a canopy of stars and with the sound of ocean waves directly below the alfresco deck. The newly renovated Waves Bar is the perfect venue for guests to enjoy signature cocktails at sunset.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Cowrie cove in Shangri-la Mactan has the best bar with a magnificent ocean view, avail their happy hour drinks from 5 to 7pm

There are newer reviews for Cowrie Cove at Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa

Reviewed February 17, 2013

(I say only 'Very Good' as we did not order any food, so can't comment on it.) After a whole day spent on an Islands Banca Boat trip, we went to the Shangri-La to get some cash from their cash-point machine. (3 adults + 2 teenagers.) As it was early evening, the hotel let us go to the Cowrie Cove Bar in their Mactan Resort overlooking the beach and sea. We arrived at Happy Hour. For 4 cokes and 8 beers it cost us 1287.30 Pesos including Goverment & hotel surcharges. We spent some time there and it was lovely to see the sunset. Lovely setting, nice staff although the music was a bit repetitive. Still, a great place to visit (as we were staying at another hotel, which was just not as good as the Shangri-La!)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Cowrie Cove is a restaurant inside the Shangri-la Mactan Hotel in Cebu. We went there to have a romantice dinner by the beach. It is pricey of course since it's a 5-start hotel restaurant. It's open from 6PM (sunset) to 10pm and accommodates both smoking and non-smoking customers.

Pros: It's just 15minutes away from Mactan Int'l Airport. The place is great considering that it's inside a 5-star hotel. It's by the beach so it's perfect for romantice sunset dinner dates. I have no negative comments about the place. It is a very romantic place by the beach.

The service is also great. They greet you with a smile. Try to accommodate customers who come in early to choose a romantic spot by giving them complimentary appetizers (kropek and bread with dips). The complimentary food tasted better compared to the main dish served to us.

Cons: The food didn't taste that good . The mud crab, fish, squid, pacific lobster and clams were dry. They just tasted grilled because technically, they were grilled . :) There was no sauce, not even barbecue sauce and I couldn't even see any oil. Really dry. I would price the platter as P300 instead of P1,350. There were just 2 of us and I paid more or less P2,500 for one grilled seafood platter (which incluides rice) and 2 milkashakes.

Even with the food not tasting good, we had a great time enjoying the view, walking by the beach and strolling in the garden. Location and service is perfect.. just need to work on the food.

5  Thank Awes0me_Planet
Reviewed January 17, 2013

The place is split into 2 areas. You have the bar and you have the restaurant.

Both have music being played, its the Cafe Del Mar beach type music which we enjoy. If you don't then be warned

Its in the Shangrila Hotel (where we are staying) which means the staff are excellent.
The food is expensive compared to local restaurants I'm sure but there are not many outside restaurants to choose from :-(

With regards to the food, we had some really nice dishes here, nothing fancy but well made and tasty. There is a breeze as its by the sea so ladies bring something to cover up with.

This is the type of restaurant that you will remember when you go home. Maybe not for the food but for the view and ambience. To me as someone from the UK, this is what I take home with me. The memory of an enjoyable evening.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

DJ spinning tunes, a small bar area, view over the water and a mix of dining rooms makes the Cowrie Cove a fun place to sit, sip a drink, eat bar food and watch people. I wouldn't recommend it for fine dining; it's more a beach bar. My husband and I sat at the bar, chatted with the friendly and attentive staff, enjoyed a few cocktails, shared a few items from the food menu and watched the DJ spin lounge tunes. Not a bad way to spend a leisure evening.