“Highly recommended”

London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I both love diving, especially in warm tropical waters. This trip to Cebu has exceeded all expectations and can only be described as truly wonderful. Before the trip, we made our usual enquiries by e-mail to Scotty’s at Shangri-La, Mactan, so that we can plan our trip. The response from the dive centre was swift and informative. Despite our endless list of questions, Ray (ultimately our instructor) remained patient and professional. We ended up daring to try something new, doing a course on technical diving, no less! This certainly beats the run of the mill recreational diving and opens our eyes to a new dimension. We have learnt so much. Even so, I must also say that the marine life was in abundance and beautiful. The dive centre was well organised and extremely well equipped. The instructors were all highly qualified, professional and yet friendly, making us feel at home from the start. Our instructor Ray was strict but patient and managed to encourage me to perform tasks that I never thought I could manage. Due to the unique location of Scotty’s, right in the midst of the Shangri-la Marine Sanctuary, there are a large number of dive sites nearby. We have only managed a few this time, amongst them, the amazing San Juan Wreck at Liloan Bay and the Marigondon Caves. We would love the opportunity to go back and explore the rest. Thank you Ray, Peter and Chris for a great and memorable trip.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Philip-Silke

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila, Philippines
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Superb!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We inquired for a referral course for my husband with Scotty's prior to our arrival. The staff was quick and efficient to send us the needed answers. The price was higher than other shops but we could feel professionalism in the way their answers was written so we decided to go for it even though we were not staying in Shangri-La (free pick up was offered).

While our friend did his course, we joined few fun dives and loved it. The equipment was properly maintained and diving out of a real speedboat in Mactan is great (bancas are slow).

We will definitely be back!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank The_pinay_traveller
Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Topnotch service & serious fun in lapu lapu”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I went to Scotty's center to get my open water certificate, which took me 3 days. The staff there is very efficient and above standards in the region. The equipment is also very well maintained, and my instructor was patient and very skilled. It was a lot of fun and I felt safe all the way during my lessons.

Other than diving, this centre offers a variety of water sports such as jet ski etc, but I did not have time to try them.

Overall, I would very much recommend this place to anyone willing to dive or get a license.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank str8fwd
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Very professional and efficient. The shop is impeccable, the equipment is maintained and organized, the staff is very polite and knowledgeable, and the shop is located right on the Shangri-la marine sanctuary. It is a walk-in, shallow dive, but there are hundreds of marine species, from different types of coral to a wide variety of fish. The downside is that it is located inside Shangri-la resort and the dive is a bit pricey, but it is worth it. I strongly recommend it, specially as a beginner since this is a shallow dive with a lot to see.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Zulumbi
Shanghai, China
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice area for snorkeling in Philippines, but poorly organized.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Shangri-La Mactan Resort (Philippines) and Scotty's had a desk/area there. Prior to our arrival, I sent numerous emails and got 1 response (very generic that didn't answer my questions) and then no one responded after that.

When we were set to go on our excursion, Scotty's was delayed about 30/45 minutes and had no towels. So, we were told we had to go down to the pool and get our own towels. The guide wasn't really a guide, she knew little English and just rode on the boat saying maybe 5 words to us. One of the Filipino crew took us out snorkeling (hardly any English) and knew a little about the fish, but no one went over the "how-to's" of snorkeling for the first timers or talked about what we might see. We were just told to get in the water, which prompted lots of confusion. Also, one of the crew members was smoking. I'm 4 months pregnant and really didn't appreciate that!

The couple that was with us had never snorkeled before and they had some problems and decided not to snorkel. They ended up sitting on the boat. My husband and I felt bad for them. Our first snorkel trip was in Thailand and the crew were fantastic and talked to us about the fish and what we'd see and how to snorkel. It was much, much better.

Plus, we paid a lot for this excursion, but neither lunch nor drinks were included (only 2 bottles of water - small). We've done other excursions in the past where we've paid less and everything was included.

I would not recommend this company.

Visited February 2013