“A good hotel spoiled by noise”

Dulcinea Hotel and Suites
Ranked #14 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We are always amazed that companies put effort into fitting out a nice hotel and then spoil it for lack of attention to detail. This hotel is at the side of the road in Lapu Lapu and this being the Philippines it can be incredibly noisy. They couldn't be bothered to fit double glazing to the rooms at the front and so sleep was disturbed unnecessarily, which is no good when you are working.
The rooms were spacious and decorated in modern style with the shower at one end of the room (no bathroom). The shower was spoiled because it took so long for the hot water to come through (10 mins) and when it did it was not constant and went from very hot (dangerous) to cold. Maintenance had a look but to no avail. We are also amazed that the previous occupants must have had the same problem but never reported it !!
\We were surprised to see the Trip Advisor award in reception. We managed to change rooms on the last night but it didn't make up for the previous 3 nights disturbed sleep.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back with no window to get a good sleep but so many are wise to this difficult...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Dennis146
dulcineahotel, Manager at Dulcinea Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Sir,
Warm greetings from Dulcinea Hotel and Suites.
Thank you very much for posting your comment. It means a lot and we appreciate it.We apologize for the nights that you did not sleep well.
The management are monitoring closely to the problem reported so that it will not occur again. Your comment is a big help.
I hope you will stay Dulcinea Hotel & Suites again in your next visit here in Cebu.
Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at Dulcinea Suites and Hotel with my family just to enjoy a relaxing weekend. I was amazed with how spacious their rooms were. Also we got a room which had an excellent view of the Mactan Channel. The staff were courteous and helpful. The ladies at the reception were quick to help us with our inquiries and the wifi service was well appreciated by my mom who was on facebook updating her status and my son who was playing on his ipad.

So on the next long weekend we plan to book a room again and enjoy Dulcinea's sweet and unique way of making us feel welcomed and wanting to come back! :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I would definetely come back to this hotel! The staff is amazing, especially if you're a business traveler like me. Their front desk is efficient and a fountain of information kinda like having a Ms. Pepper around or Alfred Pennyworth. They get things done with a smile and right away, mind you quality is not compromised, and they anticipate your needs. Of course the rooms are huge and efficient. Their wifi is fast and I mean when some people say wifi is fast but its actually sluggishly fast, theirs is just fast FAST. And its not a LAN Connection limited to one computer, its WIFI and its for free. The Cafe on the second floor is amazing, good food, great price. Most of all, unlike majority of the hotels I have come across in Cebu City, they DO NOT CHARGE government tax on top of their menu prices. I really appreciate this even when I order room service. I hate it when hotels and restaurants add on additional charges to their menu price,unbeknownst to you; its a rip off!!!!! When you go to their cafe try their Querico Pochero pair it with soy sauce and vinegar with lots of native chili very delicious. So whenever I come to Cebu for a short trip I come here, then I feel like I'm home.

Room Tip: If you decide to check in, ask for Room 314
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Marie C
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Ive been here once but its really good...i like my room and i love to stay here for long...It meets my expectation...i best recomend to all filipinos or even foreigners who wants to stay in a hotel...try this one then you will like it....Enjoy!!!its more fun n da phils....

Room Tip: Try once and you will like it...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lilafer V
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed 3 nights here. The internet was on/off/on/off - very frustrating. There's a disco club in front of hotel that stays open sometimes until 3 AM. I luckily had room in back of hotel which was quiet. The room layout was for a studio with no separate area for bath/shower. I didn't like th layout. Good thing about is location since across street from Gaisano mall which has shops, food and groceries. I wouldn't stay here again. The staff was helpful but couldn't fix the internet problem. Also, breakfast can be included for 200p more but I only ate at the restaurant once because a cockroach ran across the top of my table while eating there - very unpleasant. Best to eat across the street at the mall when opens at 9:30am.

Room Tip: Choose back of hotel away from loud street noise and disco club out front.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Dave H
Reviewed July 16, 2012

all i can say about this place its worth the money and its ver comfotable staying here eventhough theres no elevator.im highly recommend this hotel for evryone who wants to stay.A very spacious and good room

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family stayed for a night and we liked it here...staff were friendly and polite, big room space, near the airport, & free shuttle to the airport. Comments: we waited for more than 30 min. for our breakfast, no shampoo, just 1 soap (room was good for 2), no elevator...everything else were okay. We'd like to stay here again though the next time we'll be in town.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 4 in Cordova
Chambre Hotel Mactan
Chambre Hotel Mactan
#11 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Dulcinea Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!