This was our 3rd stay and were very delighted on our first 2. We just couldn't wait to check out during our last stay this month.
I give it a 2 because:
1. my kids loved the kiddie pool and it was relatively clean
2. every request was delivered promptly (extra water, pillows etc)
3. room was nice despite the putrid smelling toilet and bath (more on that later)
So why disappointed when we loved this in the past?
There were leaches in the posts along the outdoor hallways. Makes me shudder to think of one of these making their way into the pool. Pool was dirty, everywhere there were dried grass and water was a bit yellowish and hazy.
1. we went down to the "FAMILIA" restaurant to have our dinner we had with us our 4 year old and 2 year old. The restaurant was empty except for 2 or 3 tables but we were led to an the last table at the farthest end of the room. This is a buffet restaurant so naturally I asked to be seated near the buffet. The hostess led us to another table, this time to the last table at the back of the room about still very far from the buffet. At this point I was wondering why when all the seats fronting the buffet was empty and asked for a specific table there and we were seated on these tables when we had our lunch buffet there in our past visits. We were joined by a male employee and asked the hostess what was going on. I guess, seeing us going from one table to another concerned him and when the hostess explained we prefered a table at the front, he explained "the children might (making a hand gesture towards his ear as if irritated) make noise". Disgusted, I quietly excused myself and left the restaurant.
2. So we had dinner in their chinese restaurants as we did not have any other option because we tried the room service and the food was horrible and we were very hungry after a full day at the waterpark. Food was definitely overpriced at around P1,000 per person for 1 order of beef entree which consisted for 4 matchbox sizes of thinly sliced beef 2 1 order of crunchy noodles 3 pork in sauce 4 iced coffee serving size was for 1 person or 2 if you're not very hungry.
3. the Toilet and bath smelled putrid like there was a dead rat there our entire stay uuugh room was nice though
4. service was lousy because you feel you are constantly being watched and unwelcome. While walking towards in the premises you are constantly asked for your room number. the towels you use in the pool cannot be brought to your room. I find this inconvenient and unnecessary as they proved towel cards to claim towels and exchange these again upon return. They also check this upon check out so what's the point in not letting guest bring the towels to the rooms when you can charge them upon check out if they're missing a card? One towel was wrapped around my 1 year old daughter when a security guard ran after us to ask us leave the towel. So my daughter was cold on our long walk and ride back to our hotel room tsk tsk tsk
always making their convenience the priority over the comfort of their guest.
will not be coming back ever again
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Palace Waterpark Hotel Lapu Lapu
- JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, Cebu Cebu Island/Mactan Island