“fantastic for familys”

JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, Cebu
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed May 21, 2013

fantastic hotel to go free use of the water park , great swimming pool , clean rooms food also fantastic , out of this world hotel 10* .... breakfast best in the world you will not get a better selection anywhere, staff very good here ,

Room Tip: great breakfast best on the planet
There are newer reviews for JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, Cebu

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We booked online for 2 adults and 2 kids, when we arrived and went up to the room we discovered there was only one queen sized bed and the room was small. We went back down to reception and we were told that we could have a single bed added to the room for 2000 pesos. My wife was not at all happy about this so we just upgraded the room to a suite for an extra 2500 per night. The suite was nice and it was big but I would not pay full price for it (around 17k). We got the promo rate when we booked. I found it hard to enjoy there as everything was strict, like having to wear a wrist band while using the pool and water park, and having to hand over a card to get a towel. Also we were pulled up when we were returning to our room with a towel as you are not allowed to take them to your room. Also the service was not so good a few times, but mostly was ok. The staff were very friendly. When we checked out we were overcharged about 1700 pesos, but this was quickly sorted out. Good for Koreans as they are catered for and many staying there. Resturant at breakfast time is crowded and noisy, almost the same food everyday. Would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Try Plantation bay...
4  Thank Jase B
Reviewed May 13, 2013

First and foremost, the staff were very welcoming, I can genuinely say a lot of nice things about them. However, my stay at this resort was absolutely the most stressful one I have ever experienced! Being a 5-star hotel, I'm not sure this establishment is up to its standards. For what was meant to be a relaxing and rather expensive holiday, there were things that were almost impossible to deal with.

This resort keeps you from fully enjoying your stay as procedures are put in place in every corner. Some examples are (1) changing a card for a towel (and if you leave it in your room, you will have to run up and get it. And if you lose that card, they will charge you. Just silly things like that) and (2) writing your name plus your age on a sheet of paper to be able to go up on the slides. I'm not sure if you have to give your details each time you go on the slides, I only tried it once, just couldn't be bothered to go a second time. All these procedures I thought were unnecessary for whatever reasons this resort can come up with. This sort of system should be changed, it seems rather intrusive on carefree enjoyment.

Breakfast was absolutely appalling, the MOST stressful one of all! You first give your room number to the receptionist only to find out that you have to wait together with such a massive crowd until a table becomes available. There is no order, room numbers are shouted out randomly for people to be seated. To me, it sounded very low budget remembering that this is meant to be a 5-star resort. Breakfast is in an area with an even bigger crowd, it was so cramped and very noisy! And this does happen on a daily basis, I did confirm that with one of the staff who looked very stressed as well.

This resort is only a few years old but has quickly aged. Although the rooms were not that bad, I overall felt that Imperial Palace is after quantity, NOT quality and this is very wrong. The hotel seems to have been built in a hurry without an eye for detail and design. Hallways, restaurants and overall appearance of the hotel grounds seemed very sterile and bleak rather than homey and welcoming. The lobby shops are also very tacky. A resort with so many facilities and so much potential should have better management.

7  Thank kmgk
Reviewed May 8, 2013

we had great time here over 5 nights. water park was great and my kid enjoyed it. this hotel is catered to mostly koreans and if your a korean youll love this place. food was great too. we stayed in the 2bed sutie.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

1.) Belldesk/Concierge - Our luggages were handled properly. Bellman and bellboys were all polite and professional.

2.) Front Desk - Other than my complicated billing instruction, the check-in and check-out was rather swift and efficient. Receptionist were friendly, polite, neatly groomed and well-versed of the hotel facilities.

3.) Guest Services / Guest Relations - I am quite disappointed with the GR team, they seemed to look always preoccupied and are stuck with their computers at the desk. They did attend to my inquiry but I felt like I was doing a transaction with a bank teller other than with a guest relations officer. However, I would like to commend the telephone operators for doing a great job. All my inquiries and requests were handled swiftly and professionally.

4.) F&B Outlets - We tried Familia Restaurant, Delmar & Aqus. Service was great and staff were attentive and professional. The prices were at median affordability and the food quality was fantastic. Talk about the taste of fresh sea food that they serve.

5.) Recreation/Amusement - The beach was nothing special, full of floating weeds and a bit small comparably. However the waterpark, pools and slides are all world-class. It is the hotel's jewel of the crown. We thoroughly enjoyed it. The recreation staff were all helpful and friendly.

6.) Housekeeping - Some of the amenities were not replenished but our suite room was thoroughly clean nonetheless. They just don't come on a regular or specific time of the day so you have to let them know if you want your room cleaned or ask them to come back later if you are still around.

It is a very clean, with top notched service oriented staff and properly maintained resort. Other than the nearby Shangrila which always lives up to my expectation, this property is arguably the best waterpark and resort destination in Cebu

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We didn't stay here but spent the day swimming and using the facilities.

It is quite expensive for the day, (cost three of us more for the day here than HK Disneyland) but it was worth it, waterslides good fun.

The restaurant is a must and the deserts for lunch were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank meatm8
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My family and I did not go to Cebu for the beach. It’s widely known that the beach is Cebu is not as good as Bohol or Palawan’s, but the resort we stayed in made us forget all about the beach. Top-notch services are always commendable in a hotel, but the people we met at the Imperial Palace Resort (and who work for the resort) were gracious to a tee.

We booked 2 Ocean View Deluxe Rooms, each having 2 single beds. They originally said the room is good for 2 adults and 2 children; this does NOT translate to 3 adults, especially if you’re horizontally challenged. The walls are not sound-proofed, which means children and loud people screaming outside your door at 7 o’clock in the morning are your alarm clock. By the time you complain to the front desk, the security personnel who would have gladly assisted you would have been too late – this is not because they act slowly (I think); it’s just that the property is pretty big and getting from one end to another takes about a 5 minute brisk walk.

The floor-to-ceiling window and balcony we had in our rooms are magnificent. They gave us views of the water park and the, as promised, ocean view. Again, however, because it’s merely glass, when the resort holds a party for its guests, with the typical singing performers, you’ll hear them from your room. So, if you want to have an early night, bring ear plugs or risk listening to “Gangnam Style” over and over again in your nightmares.

The front of the resort is under construction when we stayed in Imperial Palace; the owners are building new buildings, I think (e.g., condotels, etc.). These activities, however, do not dilute one’s experience in the water park, as the park’s behind the main building.

I strongly suggest you hire a car or a cab for you and your companions if you want to see and eat around Cebu. While there are at least 6 restaurants to choose from inside Imperial Palace (a Chinese restaurant, a Filipino one, a Korean one, a buffet serving restaurant, lobby lounge, seafood restaurant by the beach, and room service), the prices are very tourist-y (i.e., expensive) and not all the food is great. However, we lucked out when we stayed there in early April 2013, because the Chinese restaurant had a promo on its dimsum menu (which they do not normally offer to guests) during afternoons, from 2-5pm, I think, so we gorged.

Speaking of eating at the resort, the banquet staff members are extremely courteous and friendly. On the Friday night (it was a Philippine holiday), all 6 restaurants were packed to the brim. We opted for the least full, the lobby lounge and ordered a burger and 2 pizzas. We had to wait a bit longer than usual, but that was fine, because the wait staff (too bad I didn’t get their names!) offered us complimentary pastries and drinks. One of the managers even dropped by 2x to apologize (unnecessary but kind). By the time we got our orders, all 6 of us were happy and full.

Despite the noise surrounding the rooms, I’d definitely recommend staying in Imperial Palace. I’d certainly go back.

Footnote on the water park: expect it to be always full. But, you’ll most likely have a pool to yourself early in the morning, as kids and families normally get there around 8:30am.

Footnote on the gym: FANTASTIC! The guy who takes care of the gym is their in-house trainer, too, I think. When my brother worked out there, the gym guy had plenty of tips and even spotted on him at the weights.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
#9 of 42 in Mactan Island
Radisson Blu Cebu
Radisson Blu Cebu
#1 of 91 in Cebu City

Been to JPark Island Resort & Waterpark, Cebu? Share your experiences!