Lowest prices for your stay
Trip.com
Agoda.com
$47
Easy and fast booking
ZenHotels.com
$53
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 17, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel in the suite for three nights. Having read the reviews I knew not to expect amazing amenities. The room is gorgeous, and views are amazing. Ac is very noisy, it drips onto the night stand so don’t place any electronics there and the kettle has rust in it. But for the price I didn’t make a big deal of these things at all. Also very spotty wifi, but it works well to just whatsapp etc.

I ordered a back massage, female masseuse came to my room, she seemed professional, back massage began with her coming on top of my back, felt uncomfortable but I thought maybe this is how it’s done. During my ‘back massage’ masseuse massaged my inner thigh, right below my butt, her hand grazed against my private part. When she was on my back I felt her crotch rubbing against my butt and back as she massaged me. The inappropriate moments happened so fast that I was just unsure what was going on. I wasn’t sure if this is how a back massage usually goes. I asked her that and she said she likes to massage the whole body, I felt mind f****d because she was so polite but her actions said otherwise.
After I raised my concern about the massage, she massaged my head and the massage promptly ended.

I lodged a complaint with the supervisor on duty the next day upon check out, she was apologetic and took my info and said that the company that supplies the masseuses will most likely be in contact, it’s almost been two weeks and not an email or phone call.

I want people to know that this is not ok and to be aware of what happened, especially if you are a solo traveler, this isn’t the place for you.

Additionally, forget ordering anything from the restaurant downstairs, they never have anything on the menu and they never have change.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

I don't know what happened but for some reason when we checked in, the hotel said our room was upgraded to 1 bedroom suit!!!
It was probably due to the Sinulog festivities or we just really got lucky! Booked 2 rooms for my family who are also here for the festival and they upgraded 2 rooms!
Their food was superb. The pool was enormous! The place is spotless clean!

---our main door's doorknob was broken though--- It was difficult to lock the door unless we pull he door really hard!

Otherwise, the place is excellent!

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Iris G
Reviewed November 13, 2018

We stayed at the Sotogrande Hotel for almost a week.
Hotel needs some renovation and a little bit more of TLC regarding maintenance and cleaning.
Room for 2 people was good, spacious and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful, however internet signal very week and breakfast service a bit messy, running out of food way too early.
Easy access to the beach in front and you still can visit and enjoy the swimming pool from the hotel next to it.
Still not sure if I would return...

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2018

Terrible experience! We had to be moved out of our original room immediately after check in because of rust stains and mold in the bath tub not to mention the dirt and a dirty sink. We were transferred to another room, but that one had stained sheets that housekeeping came immediately to change. But while changing them, the housekeeper noticed that the air conditioner was dripping down the wall. She called the maintenance man, and the solution was to turn it off. The room already had a bad smell to it, and without air conditioning, it only made it worse. This is listed as a resort, but there was nothing on the property to make it a resort. The pool and gym are on another property, and the beach is also on another property behind the Sotogrande. They advertise a free shuttle to the main road (read all of the other reviews about there being absolutely nothing around this hotel), but the driver was sick and there was no one else that could drive the shuttle to the main road (maybe a 5 minute drive) even though there were plenty of staff members standing around doing nothing. Their solution was to rent a private driver for a fixed price, which after arriving at the main road, the price was higher than what we were told before leaving. Believe all of the negative reviews here and choose another property.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Frank S
Reviewed September 13, 2018

As the other reviews tell you this place is hit and miss-- if you get one of the newer rooms and come at the right time of year it is almost 4 star, but in worst cases it can be 1 or 2, just like most places in the world. Yes there is a tiny beach and can be dirty but this is true of most of Mactan and likewise it's a bit isolated(and tranquil) and yes no shopping etc nearby, just like many places on Mactan. Yes the cabs charge $2 USD extra and take half an hour or so to get to Mactan shops or 40 min to Cebu City (just like many Mactan hotels) but you are spending at least $80 at day anyway so what? And you can use Uber or Grab or even the new internet motorcycle company to get faster and cheaper service. And you can get essentials at the little stores and restaurants, pharmacy and bank in Mactan Newtown a 10 min walk away, which has bus service.

I found the very large pool (with kids pool) just fine and the huge gym in La Mirada next door excellent (and Sotogrande, La Mirada and Vista Mar all adjacent have same owner so you can use pool and gym from any of them). If you pay more you can get a nicer resort but they are noisy and crowded and often full even in low season so this is not such a bad choice and I enjoyed my 5 days here and 3 next door at Vista Mar. I stayed in low season but this is a favorite of Koreans so both places were full all of my stay in September. I found the food excellent and greatly enjoyed the buffet breakfasts, especially if you come early (like the situation most places). You can also eat in the Vista Mar and yes no gourmet cuisine here but I was happy. They gave me a free upgrade to a suite which was xlnt and I did not see any of the issues that others had in the cheaper older rooms. Yes the net can be slow or absent just as anywhere in the Philippines and all of the dozen places I stayed (except a few which use the expensive device that combines all 3 net providers). Staff was courteous and prompt.

Room tip: more expensive ones are better
Date of stay: October 2017