Lowest prices for your stay
Agoda.com
$47
Easy and fast booking
Trip.com
$51
ZenHotels.com
$53
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 13, 2018

We stayed at the Sotogrande Hotel for almost a week.
Hotel needs some renovation and a little bit more of TLC regarding maintenance and cleaning.
Room for 2 people was good, spacious and comfortable. Staff very friendly and helpful, however internet signal very week and breakfast service a bit messy, running out of food way too early.
Easy access to the beach in front and you still can visit and enjoy the swimming pool from the hotel next to it.
Still not sure if I would return...

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2018

Terrible experience! We had to be moved out of our original room immediately after check in because of rust stains and mold in the bath tub not to mention the dirt and a dirty sink. We were transferred to another room, but that one had stained sheets that housekeeping came immediately to change. But while changing them, the housekeeper noticed that the air conditioner was dripping down the wall. She called the maintenance man, and the solution was to turn it off. The room already had a bad smell to it, and without air conditioning, it only made it worse. This is listed as a resort, but there was nothing on the property to make it a resort. The pool and gym are on another property, and the beach is also on another property behind the Sotogrande. They advertise a free shuttle to the main road (read all of the other reviews about there being absolutely nothing around this hotel), but the driver was sick and there was no one else that could drive the shuttle to the main road (maybe a 5 minute drive) even though there were plenty of staff members standing around doing nothing. Their solution was to rent a private driver for a fixed price, which after arriving at the main road, the price was higher than what we were told before leaving. Believe all of the negative reviews here and choose another property.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Frank S
Reviewed September 13, 2018

As the other reviews tell you this place is hit and miss-- if you get one of the newer rooms and come at the right time of year it is almost 4 star, but in worst cases it can be 1 or 2, just like most places in the world. Yes there is a tiny beach and can be dirty but this is true of most of Mactan and likewise it's a bit isolated(and tranquil) and yes no shopping etc nearby, just like many places on Mactan. Yes the cabs charge $2 USD extra and take half an hour or so to get to Mactan shops or 40 min to Cebu City (just like many Mactan hotels) but you are spending at least $80 at day anyway so what? And you can use Uber or Grab or even the new internet motorcycle company to get faster and cheaper service. And you can get essentials at the little stores and restaurants, pharmacy and bank in Mactan Newtown a 10 min walk away, which has bus service.

I found the very large pool (with kids pool) just fine and the huge gym in La Mirada next door excellent (and Sotogrande, La Mirada and Vista Mar all adjacent have same owner so you can use pool and gym from any of them). If you pay more you can get a nicer resort but they are noisy and crowded and often full even in low season so this is not such a bad choice and I enjoyed my 5 days here and 3 next door at Vista Mar. I stayed in low season but this is a favorite of Koreans so both places were full all of my stay in September. I found the food excellent and greatly enjoyed the buffet breakfasts, especially if you come early (like the situation most places). You can also eat in the Vista Mar and yes no gourmet cuisine here but I was happy. They gave me a free upgrade to a suite which was xlnt and I did not see any of the issues that others had in the cheaper older rooms. Yes the net can be slow or absent just as anywhere in the Philippines and all of the dozen places I stayed (except a few which use the expensive device that combines all 3 net providers). Staff was courteous and prompt.

Room tip: more expensive ones are better
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Been here twice already. Good customer service, friendly staff. Room service was great and the foods are superb. Room was spacious as it is a Suite room. Kids enjoyed our stay, unfortunately we checked out early as we need to go island hopping.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Que R
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this Hotel last September 2018 for 5 days. I was looking for a hotel that is near the conference where I was going and I need a hotel that would not break the bank. I requested for the twin bed room for me and my colleagues but it was not available upond arrival and we were upgraded to 1 bedroom with an additional extra bed with no charge. The 1 bedroom is very spacious and our view was very nice. The room was not gloomy because of their floor length windows which allows the sun to enter the room and we have a small balcony facing the sea. Staff are very friendly and courteous, and there are a lot of Korean guests staying. My note is that the premises is inside a village, getting a cab might require assistance from the receptionist. Another thing is I booked thru an agency for another room for my colleague in advance, he was unable to come to cebu and we decided to refund it, however, it was non refundable. We tried to add the dates to the other booked rooms so that it will not be a waste since it was already paid, but since the hotel is popular with tourists we couldn’t extend and the room was not used.

Date of stay: September 2018