All reviews basketball court good points booked rooms korean guests island hopping pools mactan
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

Been here twice already. Good customer service, friendly staff. Room service was great and the foods are superb. Room was spacious as it is a Suite room. Kids enjoyed our stay, unfortunately we checked out early as we need to go island hopping.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in this Hotel last September 2018 for 5 days. I was looking for a hotel that is near the conference where I was going and I need a hotel that would not break the bank. I requested for the twin bed room for me and my colleagues but it was not available upond arrival and we were upgraded to 1 bedroom with an additional extra bed with no charge. The 1 bedroom is very spacious and our view was very nice. The room was not gloomy because of their floor length windows which allows the sun to enter the room and we have a small balcony facing the sea. Staff are very friendly and courteous, and there are a lot of Korean guests staying. My note is that the premises is inside a village, getting a cab might require assistance from the receptionist. Another thing is I booked thru an agency for another room for my colleague in advance, he was unable to come to cebu and we decided to refund it, however, it was non refundable. We tried to add the dates to the other booked rooms so that it will not be a waste since it was already paid, but since the hotel is popular with tourists we couldn’t extend and the room was not used.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Sotogrande hotel and resort
July 26 to July 30

We travel to cebu from Phuket as one of our destination to check out. Cebu itself is pretty, but my chosen hotel is beyond disappointing.

Negative comments:

When we arrive, our room was upgraded into suite room (616). The reception told us its a Queen size bed but when we enter, its an old squeaky double size bed with hard pillows. No lights inside the cabinet and theres hardly electrical socket available to charge our phones!
I asked for an iron and an iron board. I received the iron but theres no available ironing board. Seriously??

We checked the bathroom. Its old and mouldy, dry stains on the mirror and dirty sink table. It shows that it hasn’t been cleaned or renovated since the opening of the resort. Bath tub, we did not even dare to soak ourself and relax in it due to the stains and dark cigarette burns around it. Holes all over the wall and varnished liquid stains all over the floor. The only good thing about it is the cleanliness of their toilet bowl.

Living room, the curtain are dusty and old. One of the net curtain is even ripped and no one cares. Sofas are soft and old. Ants are the main inhabitant of them.
For the first 2 nights, the cable tv is working properly, however, for the rest of the stay, theres no signal. I asked the reception to fix it and they sent someone right away. However, he couldn’t fix it. So the next day i called again to get it fix. The reception told me that its the cable company has a problem and its our of their authority to fix it. Then why the other room has cable tv and we do not have? So i waited till night time and called them again. The same guy came in to fix it and said its the wiring that has a problem and will ask the reception to move us to another room. I waited for a call. I received no call or anything that verify us on moving to another room.
Free wifi in the room and other public areas. On the 6th floor, we couldn’t even connect to the wifi and its frustrating!
Checked the water boiler and it has burned marks on it and stains on the cups. Disgusting.

The free breakfast is something we thought its going to be good. But we are utterly disappointed. The foods 4-5 choices, with slow refill of the staff. The choices are either dry or oily, theres hardly even eggs! The place is dirty....

The beach has crystal clear water and its the size of 1 1/2 basketball court. Our first day at the beach, i saw the cleaner or the caretaker of the beach netting the dirt. I was shocked in disbelief on what he did. He netted a basket of dirt and threw it on the other side of the barrier. Unbelievable!
INFINITY POOL. The water is infinite in creamy water because of its dirtiness. We didn’t even try it. The most inconvenient of all is we have to keep going to the reception each day to get a green wrist band to be able to enter the beach or the pool.

The place is far from everything. Its in the middle of nowhere. Thats why i can say it in a positive way that it is QUIET. Theres a 24hr shuttle on their amenities and services. But don’t be fooled. It depends on availability & if you ask the reception to call you a cab/taxi, you will pay extra P100 for that service.
When you order food from the hotel restaurant, you will be charged P47 for cooking your food and yet another P47 for delivering your food. Service charge on all services in this hotel.

Paying for almost 5k per night is so expensive and the service is disappointing and the rooms are filthy is not worth what i payed for! Including it is rated as 4 star? I felt like i am in a show thats called HOTEL HELL

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jonathan A
Reviewed July 8, 2018

Rooms were perfect - clean and spacious. We have booked this hotel because of full board. We were the only guests with this option (other guests had only breakfast). The cook cooked for us only. There was no choice of meals. every day a lot of rice, a piece of meat, no sauce.
You can see nice big beach on the promo pictures, but reality is different. Small lonely beach, disappointment.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors are quiter
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Found this hotel at trip advisor,
Good points! Spacious bedrooms, and huge swimming pool.
Not so good points! It is Not really a beachfront hotel, it is near the water though but there is no good beach nearby.
Food is not the greatest. But is affordable.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family