“it was a nice a experience”

Sotogrande Hotel & Resort
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed June 11, 2011

we had a very nice experience staying in this hotel,the ocean suite room was amazing and superb! the food was great, the hotel staffs are very friendly (there always smiling) and accommodating, in our second night we decided to have our dinner in their clubhouse,indeed we enjoyed their buffet plus the entertainment was such a nice idea that makes our whole night very memorable. the beach was very lovely that we stayed there whole day enjoying the panoramic view of the resort. Definitely, Sotogrande resort will always be my first choice every time i visit mactan island.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank porternancy72

Reviewed June 7, 2011

My friends and I chose this place because it's affordable compared to the other beachfront hotels, come to find out it's nowhere near a beach. You'd have to go through their sister hotel to reach the beachfront. Also, when we booked it they told us we'd get free shuttle service to the airport. When we inquired about this they said they charge 1100 pesos for a ride that would usually cost 500 pesos if you take the taxi. They tried (or so they said) to call the person that supposedly booked our room because it's her day off and of course not answering her phone. The staff are rude. They kept answering phone calls and kept cutting off our conversation. We ended up switching hotels that night we were so furious! NEVER coming back again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank 26worldtraveler
Reviewed May 24, 2011

booked with expedia was told free pick up and return shuttle adverized and they still say that told them about it.on web site.upgrade to better room for $25 .change breakfast voucher for dinner at no extra cost.as we were leaving at 4am the next day .we ask to change vouchers for dinner and told us free .told upgrade was $25 dollar we said ok.the room was good.we had our dinner and told several times there is no extra charge.had a shower cold same in morning no hot water .when we were checking out at 4am they said shuttle was extra i explained it says free on web site she said everyone says that.they charged $75 for upgrade the room.then charged us $60 extra for the dinner which was poor.at 4am with a young family i realized i have been ripped off.we only booked there for the free shuttle as its out in the sticks .
has 2 pillows stuck to the ceiling above reception to stop water leaking.maids phone constant ringing at night in hallway.

Room Tip: dont go there to far from everything
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank brian255103
Reviewed May 14, 2011

My stay at this hotel was okay. The place was kinda secluded and hard to find from the main road. It was also quiet and had no major disturbances.

Service was okay and the staff was very friendly and welcoming.

I liked the rooms as I had one with a sea view, sea breeze was comforting.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the sea ;)
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank airforce_86
Reviewed May 13, 2011

It is my third time vacation in Phil and third time in Sotogrande. It felt like home to see again these friendly hotel staff. I am glad that everything including the room is very much on top shape - the same clean condition three years ago. I just felt happy to see many guests around. I loved this new pool. I love the seaview from my balcony. I like the service staff. They always offer to cook anything I like. - well, actually, I stayed at soto for 3 weeks. I just love everything in it.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed May 11, 2011

Truly awful! Situated in a wasteland, it is indeed the next hotel to shangri la as the crow flies- but you wouldn't be able to walk it - and our cab driver locked the doors while driving to it! Full of tour groups who pack out limited space in foyer and breakfast room permanently. Housekeeping's phone rang ALL night long outside our room. I can't even describe the food - dreadful would be a start. My friend ordered Chicken Breast stuffed with prawns on a bed of mash..bravely I thought! And she got chicken bones - really absolutely no meat at all- in a sticky sauce on wilted lettuce - bearing absolutely no relation to her order! The 'fine dining' by the pool is signposted by a photocopied piece of paper and offers hamburgers and other revolting dishes.

The only good member of staff is a trainee called Rhona who was lovely. Otherwise the huge number of staff are lounging about leering at guests by the pool (when you can get any space by the pool...). The breakfast staff try...but on the whole the experience is not one of putting the customers first! There was absolutely never any toilet paper in any of the toilets for instance (and that includes the guest rooms). Just horrendous - a one star experience for a 4 star price quite frankly. Stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Check in someplace else!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank HongKongCallisto
Reviewed May 9, 2011

The staff are very friendly and ready to help.
Rooms are new, fresh and clean. Compared to other hotel & resorts i have been to, this room we had is big. Can accomodate 4 people. Got very nice view at the sea.
The resort is only 15 minutes away from the airport. It is very safe to stay. There are pools near the beach area. Also, there is a new elegant pool at the back of Sotogrande. It is so private. Got very good time sunbathing at their lounges. Early morning, you can explore the area, breath fresh air. Perfect for jogging.
Wifi is available at the lobby area and hotel does not charge for its access. It has a gym. The equipments are modern and impressive. I like it.
Yah, I will definetly come back!

Room Tip: get room #;s 601, 501, 602, 502. Perfect seaview!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort
ALTA Cebu Resort
ALTA Cebu Resort
#1 of 4 in Cordova

Been to Sotogrande Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!