“Basic cheap accommodation”
Review of Hotel Cesario

Hotel Cesario
Ranked #26 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The Hotel Cesario is just a few minutes from the Cebu Airport and they have a complimentary airport pick up or drop off that I found very convenient. The room is basic but fairly clean, plus it had the basics that are often lacking in cheaper Cebu hotels such as Aircon and hot shower, that work. The room rate included a reasonable breakfast and the staff were very polite. The only challenge I had is an over charge on my room, the front counter personal could not contact anyone who could correct the mistake, I had friends waiting for me so I paid the extra and got the name of the manager who could correct and credit this amount. I got a polite email from him saying that he would investigate but but heard from them after that in spit of my several attempts.

Room Tip: They are renovation at present, see if you can get a newly renovated room rather than one that is u...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank vincent h

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The hotel is a bit old and has smaller rooms compared to its sister hotel Bellavista Hotel. What is great is the breakfast and of course the price of the room (we booked through Agoda.com). Location is very close to Mactan International Airport and if your business is within the processing zones (MEZ 1 and 2) this hotel is perfect for its location which is just 5 minutes away. There is also one mall nearby, the Gaisano mall but great enough for shopping of your basic needs. Good restaurants are also present in any corner so no problem for you to dine anytime. You can also use the swimming pool of Bellavista Hotel located at the roof deck where you can see a good view of Mactan bridge and areal of Lapulapu City.

Room Tip: The entrance is a bit narrow and small so you might find it hard to locate. Anyway just ask the tax...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Joshua F
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We made a booking at Hotel Cesario few days before our Cebu trip. Luckily, we got a slot. We stayed here for 2 days only. Our flight was delayed for almost 2 hours so I was worried about the shuttle pick up. Well, in fairness, despite our delayed arrival at Mactan Airport, the hotel staff was there at the arrival area holding a placard with my name on it and greeted us with a smile. He asked us to wait for a while and he started dialing the number of our service. In less than 10 mins. the service is there so we headed to the hotel. I guessed they monitor the arrival of our flight thru the airlines office.

Upon arrival at the hotel, the security guard assisted us and the girl in the front desk accommodated us well. Our room is the economy type only. The room is basic with air conditioner, wall fan, 2 single beds (although we prefer one queen size bed), cabinet with lots of hangers (lol), telephone (NDD and IDD), a phone directory, a table with glass, and a cable TV. The room is clean and at night it was very cold even if you turn off the AC and let the fan open only. You can make any request and they are kind enough to provide you with your needs (well it depends on the availability).

What we love the most at Hotel Cesario was the buffet breakfast. YUMMY!! It was just kinda embarrassing that time because we are late risers, so once we woke up we headed to the cafe without changing our clothes. At the cafe, oh my!, they were wearing formal attire. LOL!

I highly recommend this hotel for budget conscious travelers. For Php 1,342.00/ night, you'll get a comfortable and wonderful stay at Hotel Cesario.

Room Tip: Ask the room near the fire exits. Rooms are not sound proof. Ask a room at the end of the hallways.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RochelleDelaCruz
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Checked in for a couple of hours to freshen up and take a nap while waiting for my next transit flight in Cebu. Room is very basic - will only recommend to travelers who are looking for a cheap overnight stay nearby the airport. The room was not soundproof and the noise from the corridor was amplified in the room. Breakfast was provided but it was also very basic. Staff was friendly and helpful. Free hotel to airport transfer was provided. My flight was delayed for 2 hours but on arrival, the staff from Hotel Cesario was still waiting there with my name on a placard.Thumbs up for the excellent service!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank hobopoh
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We only stayed one night on our way home to Tokyo from Bohol. The front desk were very kind and helpful. The room is OK, but very hot and no window. The bathroom is tiny and there is no fridge or kettle. We requested hot water to make some tea and they did bring it. Also they packed breakfast for us to take, as we had an early flight. Free shuttle bus to the airport. The rooms are too stuffy and we could hear the TVs from both sides, so we called the front desk and they solved the problem for us. Overall for the price is was OK.

Room Tip: The rooms are very hot and stuffy...you could ask for a room with a window but I dont' know if t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We stayed at the Cesario our first night arriving in the Philippines. I booked the hotel online so all we had to do was call when we landed and the shuttle was there in 10 minutes or less! Great service! Since we were arriving so late I didn't feel the need to spend double on the nicer sister hotel, The Bellavista, when all we would do is sleep, eat, then check out. The room as small, but clean and served its purpose. When staying at the Cesario you get the same priviledges as the patrons of the Bellavista so if you aren't planning on spending much time in your room and want to save money this is the way to go. We stayed at the Bellavista our last night in the counrty because we planned to spend time relaxing in the room. The free breakfast buffet in the morning was really, really good. I've had a hard time with the food in the Philippines on a previous trip, but this time I had good luck! I didn't care for the entrees I ordered off the menu, but my husband found them very satisfactory. He had the coconut calamari, he said it was delish. I had a club sandwich, which in the Phils, is nothing like a club you would get in the states. Too much mayonnaise, fried egg, bacon, and ???
I think they feel as long as there are three items and three slices of bread, its a club. Alright.... :) Live and learn! :) Overall, great value for about $30, free aiport transfers, free breakfast.

Room Tip: I didn't really notice a dank smell as the other reviewers did. This is a very humid, tropical c...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2012

what can i say soon as i arrived i was greeted with the doorman bringing in my luggage with a smile all the way to the front desk and by the way i booked the room without a credit card i just googled them and ask them to reserve the room and they did just that all for free and let me tell ya the breakfast buffet was the best they also give you 2different new paper to eat while you eat or you can bring your laptop eat and use there free wifi lol. but how ever they room did have a little mildew smell but the house keeping made sure i got a different room asap no one even mentioned the free room service free newspaper hanging on your door knob before u wake up and 2 new thermos one with fresh cold water and the other hot water for your coffee and the pool was great my 1year old son had a blast and i sat in the jacuzzi beside the pool the round one very nice the pool has a great view of the beach even better at night as well.

Room Tip: call them dont use a credit card just book it by telling to hold the room at the time u arrive and a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family