“Phenomenal Food and Atmosphere”
Review of Abaca Restaurant

Abaca Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 149 Restaurants in Lapu Lapu
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The price might be a little high, but take the time to enjoy a place like this. The service could have been a bit more attentive, but they were great after we got their attention. Night time is the right time for this location as well, you get lost in the walk to the restaurant and the lighting made you feel you were at your own beach house with some friends. Enjoy and indulge!

1  Thank KnudyNudes
There are newer reviews for Abaca Restaurant

Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

We've been to many restaurants but this one satisfied my craving appetite. The ambiance cannot be beaten by any around Cebu and Mactan. We were there around 6 or 7pm and was welcomed with drinks and a very tasty bread. Im not always good in choosing internationally-inspired foods but the ones that we got were perfect!. Although the chicken tasted a little overcooked but it did not discouraged me at all and the pasta was so good! The desert we had was I guess the highlight of the romantic dinner we had, because it was only here in this restaurant that we found what and how the Cream Brûlée should taste like..and right then, I can't get over with it and always craving for it! This place is perfect and although expensive than any other restaurants, the foods the ambiance and the service can all do the justification.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

though a bit pricey the angus rib eye steak was heaven! so tender, perfectly cooked and the serving is huge.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great Ambience, food and service.Best in Mactan. The restaurant is ideal if you are staying at the Shangri-la and need a change

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I made a 'reservation for two at the Abaca restaurant. The food and wine list were amazing and the staff were attentive to our every need. I prepared a special surprise for my boyfriend, wanted to get the candles that says "you're old" onto a lemon cheesecake. Glenn and the team made it happen with special touches. And what was even better was that Glenn insist that it was on the house. Ending our night in the beautiful restaurant with a wonderful sea view, Glenn even went the extra mile and arranged a transportation for us back to the crimson resort. We were sincerely touched with the extra mile Glenn and team went for us and I think the best way to repay the gestures is to write this review and share it with fellow travellers (: