We stayed 5 nights on what was the final Philippine leg of our honeymoon.
I’ve written reviews on all the places we stayed and this was the one I found most difficult so I’ll apologise now if I sound at all like I contradict myself.
If you look at this purely as a hotel and restaurant, and are not worried about leaving the ‘walls’ then i guarantee you will not be disappointed as Abacca really is a beautiful hotel experience.
From the moment you are greeted at the airport the service you’ll receive until check out is nothing short of phenomenal, and while everyone we came in contact with was great I’d really like to say a special thank you to Arron who is one of the politest people i’ve come across, and who made every effort to leave us feeling spoilt rotten.
The rooms are decorated to a really high standard, especially the bathrooms, and the whole feel of abaca is one of luxury, none more so than in the restaurant where chef Wade really does delivery across every dish (he even created a 5 course meal for us that was not on the menu as we said we fancied something different!!).
So you’re probably thinking why the difficultly writing a review..........well simply because the location of Abacca really doesn’t live up to everything else that this place is about.
That is potential my fault for not researching Mactan/Cebu well enough prior to booking, however I took it for granted that there would be a great beach if not at the hotel then very near by, which unfortunately there isn’t (though they do offer a really good snorkelling boat trip).
It’s also smack next to one of the most hideous hotels buildings i’ve seen in a long time (the Hilton – decorated in PINK CONCRETE?!?!)
If i could lift this place up and stick it on a secluded bay somewhere I would probably never want to holiday anywhere else in the world again, however it’s surrounding are simply not in the same league as the property and atmosphere created by the staff.
Don’t get me wrong the local people are really really lovely and Cebu is a nice enough city, but this place deserves to be in a beautiful setting too.
If you are in Cebu then I definitely recommend staying here, though if you’re travelling from the UK like us (or somewhere else thats a long way away), there really is not need to stay longer than a couple of days).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abaca, one of the most exclusive boutique resorts is located in the beautiful central Philippines on Mactan Island. Abaca is a tropical hideaway that offers the tranquility of very private deluxe suites set in a lush tropical oceanfront retreat. In addition to the spacious suites and villas, guests enjoy full luxury spa and restaurant experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Abaca Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abaca Boutique Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Abaca Boutique Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island