We came here on our babymoon over Easter, and have loved every moment of our stay. Most notable is the service. It's hard to imagine service to be so personalised and constant while at the same time totally unobtrusive and discreet. The staff do an amazing job of treating each guest like royalty while respecting the need for personal space on what is, for many, a relaxing retreat away from the hustle of the city.
Coming from Manila, where service is done so absolutely abbysmally, Abaca is a godsend.
The resort itself is small, which adds to its intimacy. This was not a downside for us, as we are doing very little movement. Everything - the pool, restaurant & our room is within 30 meters, which is perfect. The small size of the hotel also means that there aren't throngs of holiday makers competing for space by the pool, or seats at dinnertime. It also means that there is very little noise at any time of the day or night, again adding to the relaxing atmosphere of the resort.
Our room - a base room - is beautiful. Smooth whites and dark wood with lots of local carvings, shells, etc, make for an incredibly calming night's sleep.
The restaurant is similarly amazing - open to the air but never to hot nor too breezy. And the food... Wow!!!
We are already considering when our next stay here will be, and we haven't yet left.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abaca, one of the most exclusive boutique resorts is located in the beautiful central Philippines on Mactan Island. Abaca is a tropical hideaway that offers the tranquility of very private deluxe suites set in a lush tropical oceanfront retreat. In addition to the spacious suites and villas, guests enjoy full luxury spa and restaurant experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Abaca Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abaca Boutique Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Abaca Boutique Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island