Abaca Boutique Resort offers superb personalized service unseen in most exclusive hotels in the world, and with only nine suites and what seems more than a 1:1 ratio of some of the best trained and friendly staff I have ever encountered, its easy to understand why.
From the minute you walk into this beautifully designed resort, you are personally greeted by name by the manager along with other members of the staff who take care of all your belongings. You are then walked by the manager to the dining/bar area where you are offered a welcome drink, while your luggage is delivered to your suite.
Al personnel around the geogeous infinity pool area, where most guests spend their days, are attentive to your every move, anticipating your every need. For example, the minute you walk into the pool, dry towels will be placed for you at the access/exit point. If that weren't enough, when they see you coming out of the water, one of them will rush to open the towel for you and place it on your back! During the day they will continually walk by bringing you ice water with a lemon wedge and complimentary homemade fruit sorbets.
You can choose your place to lounge at the pool area in either one of 5 beautifully appointed shaded cabanas or lounge chairs. You have the option of having breakfast and lunch served there as well, instead of going to the restaurant.
They'll arrange everything for you, from boat tours to city tours, where one of the hotel buttlers will accompany you to care for your every need. We took an island boat tour and aside from the buttler, one of the hotel's chefs came with us to prepare our meal on an island, consisting of fresh seafood, fish, chicken and pork on a charcoal grill. They brought a complete serving set, including table cloth and cloth napkins, silverware, ceramic dishes, as well as chilled plastic water gobblets and champagne flutes, to serve a complimentary sparkling wine and our preselected choice of beverages and mixed drinks.
Their Mediterranean style restaurant is one of the best in the area, visited by guests of other hotels; however as a resident, there is always your choice of table reserved for you, either at the restaurant or bar area.
In spite of the small area, they have a lovely spa with 2 rooms, a single and a double, with very relaxing atmosphere and well trained therapists. It also has a small gym with basic equipment but enough for a place this size.
The resort in general is quite flexible in their services, where you can arrange massages outside of their regular spa hours. You may also request meals not in their menu. Of course these special services require some advance notice.
In short, this place is heavenly, particularly well suited for adults and couples. The only drawback for beach lovers is it has no beach, but does offer comfortable access to the ocean to swim in a cordoned off protected area.
I look forward to coming back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Abaca, one of the most exclusive boutique resorts is located in the beautiful central Philippines on Mactan Island. Abaca is a tropical hideaway that offers the tranquility of very private deluxe suites set in a lush tropical oceanfront retreat. In addition to the spacious suites and villas, guests enjoy full luxury spa and restaurant experiences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Abaca Boutique Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abaca Boutique Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Abaca Boutique Resort Cebu Island/Mactan Island