“Would love to stay longer”

Be Resorts - Mactan
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Antipolo City, Philippines
“Would love to stay longer”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My family and I planned a summer vacation in Cebu last May 22 and chose to stay at Be Resorts for 1 night, and 2 nights in the city, and this I regret. I should have booked 3 nights at this hotel! :) The place is so fabulous! I was amazed by the resorts' architecture, ambiance, and its fantastic scenery. We love the infinity pool! My daughter would not want to leave the pool. The place is so relaxing and calm. Buffet breakfast is good, lots of good choices.

The only thing is that Be Cool rooms do not have electric kettle, complimentary coffee, and tea. But overall, I would love to come back and stay here longer.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I was at awe when I first arrived at BE Mactan. It was close to midnight when we arrived, and the ambiance and lights blended together with the soft wind coming from the sea producing a calming effect on me. It is obvious that they really invested in the furniture as most of the pieces are products by Cobonpue. It was until we arrived in the room that everything went downhill. Our TV was not working at all. Every single day I have to call for the TV to get a cable signal. Water in the shower gets warm but the flow is not enough to get you all cleaned up.

Breakfast is served from 6am to 10am as they told us in the front desk. But when we came in around 9am to have our breakfast, the staff seemed all rattled up with the volume of guests in the breakfast area. Tables were left uncleaned and if ever it gets cleaned up, it is left without set up for dining. You have to instruct the staff every single detail you need (water, cups, utensils, condiments) and the bad thing is they forget often. It was only a few minutes approaching 9am and the breakfast area is already left unattended by the staff.

The function room should not be situated near the pool area. It could have been better if it is located somewhere in the higher floors to make it more conducive for meetings.

When I was to check out a day earlier than my companion, I called the front desk to send a bellboy to assist me with my luggage. They only have 1 bellboy available at the time which I saw passing along my hallway but proceeded upstairs. I don't know if it was intentional but when I called the front desk for the 3rd time to follow up the bellboy, the front desk was not picking up no matter how many times I tried calling. When I went down, I saw that there was a staff at the front desk. This particular staff had become confused with me checking out earlier when in fact there shouldn't be any complications since the room will be checked out the next day. They made me wait aside. After minutes of waiting, I finally asked if I can just take my breakfast first if it will take a while, and this staff answered me that I can actually take my breakfast already in a very sarcastic tone.

It was only around before 8am that I arrived at the breakfast area but the tables were left uncleaned, again. I requested 3 staffs to just serve me coffee at my table (since there were no cups on the table and neither beside the coffee pot) but to no avail. There's also this one staff that stomped (nagdadabog) when she was serving coffee to my other companions during breakfast. The cup clanged and even the water glass.

I had my transfer to the airport arranged with the lobby. To top it off, I was asked if I was willing to wait for around 30 minutes for other guests who will also be airport-bound. I refused because I don't want to get late and panicky for my flight, and what I got was reckless driving. The driver did not even drop me off at the departure area door where the carts are. I had a pretty heavy luggage and made to walk a bit far from the departure area door. It was just so inconsiderate.

I've had my fair share of hotel experience having traveled a lot for years now, for business and pleasure purposes alike. Like what I said, this place is picture-worthy. But do guests really want something to boast off in pictures in social networking sites? I must say that guests want to have a unique experience in a particular place. The hotel could invest training their people on how to be courteous to guests and to have initiative and be sensitive on what the guests need. Guests don't need to instruct or tell the staff every single time. Either for business or pleasure, we want our stay to be relaxed and enjoyable at the same time. One more thing that the hotel can improve on are the complementary stuff they provide the guests. There should be slippers in the room as well as 2 sets of toiletries since our room is for twin sharing. They also did not replace the small towels when they provided us a new set.

Food is alright, though. Overall the experience was quite something to remember, but not the good kind. I hope to visit Cebu again and stay there with my family but I wish the service will get better this time.

Room Tip: Request for a room with seaview for the sunrise. Ours was facing the parking lot though we have a go...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank summerslumbers

Travelers are raving about these Lapu Lapu hotels

Las Pinas, Philippines
Reviewed May 24, 2014

My friends and I stayed here overnight, and we loved how the interior of the hotel is designed. The hotel was very clean and modern, and most of the staff were quite accommodating. The view from the beach was very good and we loved the luxury pods that add to the very modern ambiance of the hotel. We also loved the other ornaments on the beach that add to the amazing ambiance.

The only disappointing part for us was that the sand was not as fine as we expected it to be, and the beach was full of seaweed. It was obvious that the sand was artificial because when you look at the empty lot beside the hotel, it was full of big rocks and it was also dirty. The food was okay, and the prices of the food were quite expensive for us so we had to leave the hotel to eat. The jet ski rental was also expensive, so we had to go to a nearby rental shop to rent a jet ski for half the price.

Overall, we had a great experience staying at this hotel, but it would've been more amazing if the sand were fine and the beach were clean to add to the premium and modern feel of the hotel. I recommend this hotel for those who are on a tight budget but want a premium and modern feel of an expensive hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

1. The hotel's beach is gross. I understand that it's man-made but the sand that they used is not fine sand. The hotel used pebble like sand and is very painful when stepped at.
2. Breakfast was not good at all. The buffet looks disgusting (especially the bread and jam area. Staff won't even bother to clean or replace the messy jam bottles)
3. Staff lacks training (especially the food servers) , very inefficient and are clueless when asked.

Money that I paid for is not worth the stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marga G
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

I have inquired on the day tour on April but when we got to the resort in May, we were advised that the day tour rate has increased (58% increment). Food was good but the time for the food to be served is slow.
The ambiance is very calm and relaxing. The beach is clean and well kept. Since I was traveling with an infant, it was very hard for me to change my son's diapies as when I have asked staff if they have a changing station, disappointingly, they have none.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank JEsMom
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time to actually spend the night at this quaint & unique resort.

It has a homey feel since the hotel is small & the staff are friendly $ accomodating.

I love the ambience of the resort as well as their food. The downside is the size of their rooms. I thought that choosing a suite room would be consist of a bedroom & a sala. Alas, the room is just divided with a decorative divider.

Yet all in all, despite the room size, I really love to be back to this hotel.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank jeckli
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed May 11, 2014

We only stayed overnight for the weekend since we were already staying at another hotel near Cebu City. It was not a good experience at all. I've had better experiences with other resorts with the same price but better service, better food and better staff. The hallway smelled bad and it extended to the room. We even had to call housekeeping to get rid of the smell. Room service menu is limited, the food is also overpriced. Also, when we ordered room service it took them a good 30 minutes to give us the spoon and fork. The buffet breakfast wasn't good as well. The only redeeming quality about this hotel is the beach, but otherwise...never again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Sotogrande Hotel & Resort
Sotogrande Hotel & Resort
#21 of 30 in Lapu Lapu

Been to Be Resorts - Mactan? Share your experiences!