Stayed for a day tour to enjoy the beach and beauty of Cebu but nevertheless, did not do justice for that ample time, its a time truly WASTED.
The day tour is for 750/php from 8am to 5pm. Since we already checked in at the other hotel near Banilad, we went to Mactan just for its white sand and great beach but to our surprise the place is full of Koreans roaming around.
Their food at the restaurant was so-so, we ordered beef bulgogi and chicken teriyaki which was included at the day tour package, after which we ordered a dessert and an appetizer namely; Mango crepe and Tacos with guacamole. The price of the food was okay for 145php and 180php respectively but to my surprise the food we ordered has its 'LUXURY TAX' included and a humungous 'SERVICE CHARGE RATE'. Utensils were stained, not thoroughly washed nor cleaned.
The ambiance of the resort was not so spectacular as what you can see thru its pictures and reviews. The design itself was an average one. Its like a plain white building with a bunch of Koreans roaming around.
The facilities were disgusting. The comfort room was stinky and grimy. Floor tiles was filthy. The pool has its 'canal' like drainage at the bottom were the dirt forgo from the pool above. It was smelly and ridiculous for putting it at the center of the resort as well.
The man made beach / sand is not sand at all. It is white pebbles that's so 'fake-looking'. Terrible of your feet, make sure you wear your slippers all the time. Beach was so frustrating. No one dares to swim at the beach front, You know why? The beach is full of trash, molds, weeds and filthy materials of all kinds were present on the water.
On top of it, the front desk officer didn't even bother to aware the guest that there will be a 'wedding' at the same time you were checked in. And they used all the space enough to block the view of the sea.
Will never go back. Wasted time and money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in our Cebu hotel's stylish accommodations while you simply recharge and get away from it all. Find yourself in a higher state of bliss as you experience BE Resort, Mactan's award-winning and contemporary interior design. Beyond the comfort and elegance of BE Resort, Mactan rooms is an extensive list of amenities that make your experience at BE Resort, Mactan a memorable and pleasurable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your BE Resort, Mactan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Resorts - Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Microtel Hotel Lapu
- Microtel Hotel Mactan
- BE Resort, Mactan Cebu Island/Mactan Island