We stayed at this hotel for only a night but we wished we could've stayed longer. We arrived early, 12:00pm and hotel check-in policy is at 2:00pm. They let us check-in early at no extra cost. I was expecting they'd ask us to wait while we lounge around but they only had us wait for 15minutes while they prepare our room. The room is spacious, clean and has a partial view of the beach and the neighboring Abaca and Movenpick hotels. The toilet and bath was simple, no unnecessary tub, which I like. The staff is very friendly, accomodating and I have to point out that they were very intuitive to our needs. Simple things like, bringing out a fan for you when they see you fanning yourself, or offering to take your photo, bringing you your drink to the beach even if it would be a long walk, looking for your goggles when you lose them underwater, etc. These may be basic expectations but the difference they make is the sincerity you will feel when they take care of you. All in all great customer service! Kudos! The only downside I can remember was when I had to wait for 3 hours and call twice for an extra set of towels and toiletries. There were 3 of us and the room was only stocked for two.
As for the food, the breakfast buffet was basic. Bread, waffles, butter, jam, milkfish, bacon, sausage, eggs your way, steamed rice, fruits, and coffee. I just wish they had other hot beverage options like hot chocolate or tea because I'm not a coffee drinker. The juice is not real juice, it's a powder mix. I don't really like that. I can overlook this because again, there's something endearing in the way they treat their customers. The food in the restaurant and the drinks in the bar are not overpriced. Just right for a hotel and resort. The taste may not be worth a shout-out but they're not so bad. I definetely enjoyed the Carbonara and the Mojito.
Beach and Pool
The beach is small but I didn't mind. They keep it clean all the time. The water was crystal clear in the morning and looks absolutely tempting. During high-tide you can swim all you want without worrying about what you might step on. As for the pool and the jacuzzi, they have to do a better job at keeping these clean. Dried leaves were floating in the jacuzzi and the water was not clear in the pool.
I absolutely love the interiors by Kenneth Cobonpue! They're fresh, fun, hip, uncomplicated, modern and totally photo-op worthy! The style reflects the kind of stay you're in for.
I am definitely coming back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in our Cebu hotel's stylish accommodations while you simply recharge and get away from it all. Find yourself in a higher state of bliss as you experience Be Resorts Mactan's award-winning and contemporary interior design. Beyond the comfort and elegance of Be Resorts rooms is an extensive list of amenities that make your experience at Be Resorts Mactan a memorable and pleasurable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Travelocity so you can book your Be Resorts - Mactan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Resorts - Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Microtel Hotel Lapu
- Microtel Hotel Mactan
- Be Resorts - Mactan Cebu Island/Mactan Island