“Nice Boutique Hotel”
Review of BE Resort, Mactan

BE Resort, Mactan
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Basic amenities. Great design. Kenneth Cobonpue interiors (and I love Kenneth's designs).

Very modern and pleasing to the eye. Affordable. At first glance it looks more like an airport hotel than a resort. It is enough though if you plan to move around the city and go back for a lap in the pool and to rest. There's nothing really much to do but hang out with friends for some drinks at the bar or at the lobby restaurant. They serve a good variety at the breakfast buffet. The hotel staff were helpful and accommodating as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
MactanBeresorts, General Manager at BE Resort, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Luciouslu,

Thank you for taking time for sharing your stay at Be Resorts Mactan with us.

It was our pleasure to have you . We look forward to welcoming you again with our new services, activities and events this 2013 , that will make your next time in Be Resorts another memorable one.

It was great to have you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

One of my trips to Cebu i need to be on a Budget so i cannot stay at my favorite Shangri-La. so i tried BE Hotel. The hotel looks as if its a corporate hotel, slim design, straight forward, no drama. BUT you can see the collection of Furnitures in the lobby by my favorite designer "Cobunpue" The Lobby is simple until you walk near the terrace to see the Pool, the Garden, and the Blue Sea. its WOW.... The combination of the White Paint, Blue Sea and Glass made the entire View like Hawaii. The Room is huge with a small kitchen with thermos, microwave, etc. so i was able to bring in Lechon CNT, Rice, and some food to have my lunch and dinner in my room thus SAVING money. My buffet breakfast is at the Hotel which is not as great as the neighbor Hotels. But its ok. the room rate is reasonable so dont expect a Shangrila Bfast Buffet. afterall if you look at the room rate, the bfast is actually a big thank you that they still gave you bfast.

The Beach is not something i will suggest. Rocks lots of it. Its like a parking lot for boats. so better stay at the pool.

Room Tip: Choose the Highest Floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear RussellBirdy,

It brings a big smile to our faces when comments like yours come up in TripAdvisor.

Thank you for taking time for sharing your experience.

We take care of our beach by having some of the local community people work in our beach in keeping it clean .

We have taken note about the rocks but since these are natural to the area . We have to take care to ensure the local eco-system is not disturb.

But reassured that the beach is a balance of nature and guest comfort , Since I personally swim in our beach as a part of my workout for Ironman Cebu , I vouch for it :) .

We look forward to welcoming you again at BE Resorts Mactan.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Be Resorts--located along the same shoreline as more expensive resorts like Shangri-La, Movenpick, and Crimson--is a lovely place, considering its affordable rates. My family and I are used to staying in bigger resorts, so we booked with Be Resorts based mostly on previous positive reviews. Needless to say the positive reviews were right and we had a great time there.

We booked two connecting rooms, each with 2 queen sized beds. The rooms were a bit small, but not claustrophobic. The beds were comfortable and the shower was great. The only problem we had was that it was so difficult to change channels using the remote. You had to hold the device at a precise angle, pointing at an exact point on the television, for it to work.

The swimming pools were spacious and kid-friendly and the beach was nice as well. The best thing about Be Reports is its Kenneth Cobonpue (Cebu's best!) furniture both in the lobby and by the beach. Near shoreline were all these seashell huts where we could relax and take a nap or read a book. There were also large bean bags for those who want to get tanned. Of course, there are tanning chairs by the pool too.

Be Resorts also has this Be Active activity center. Too bad we weren't able to use it at night because it closes at 6pm. My siblings and I are used to playing pool and doing other activity center activities at night, so we were surprised it was closed.

Buffet breakfast at Be Resorts was held in their giant poolside function room, but that might have been because the place was almost fully booked. There were over a hundred Koreans with us during our stay. They even had a dinner and concert by the beach (the music was great). Nevertheless, the resort never felt too crowded, which is good. Kimchi was among their breakfast choices, but they had the usual egg, bacon, bread, and other yummy food.

If you want a taste of the best Mactan has to offer (in terms of the beach), but can't afford to stay in a 5-star resort, then Be Resorts Mactan would a great choice.

For island hopping, try visiting the Olango Bird Sanctuary, which around a 30-minute boat ride from the resort. Even if it isn't migrating season, you can plant mangroves and the sanctuary is just beautiful. Do bring a camera!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Verne A

Dear Verne A,

Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and it was a "BE Happy" experience. We have taken note of your observation in regards to our Be Active room and will look at how it could be of a better activity option for you on your next visit.

Likewise you mentioned about the activities at the nearby island of Olango . It is the scenic view that you see in front of our beach.

We take pride of taking care of that island as a part of our "BE the Spark" program we have been continuously have doing a number of coastal clean-ups and mangrove plantings there .

Perhaps you can join us next time , we would love to have you.

In behalf of my team "BE Happy " always!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

After a long hot and humid trip we looked forward to comfortable room with Internet. No Internet in the rooms so you you to again endure the hot and humid lobby to chek your emails or do some offsite work. The beds are like foam. The towels looked old and thin. I scheduled a wake up call and called to confirm but they never woke me up. The wall paper are peeling off. The lobby receptionist uniform was old, faded and buttons are popping out. Worst, they charged so much more than the Marriott hotel. Not sure why they call themselves a resort.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TessMartin
MactanBeresorts, General Manager at BE Resort, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear TessMartin,

We are happy to inform you that we will be expanding our Free Wi-fi coverage from our current areas of the restaurants, pools , function rooms and beach to the guest rooms this year.

Along with this news , We are also the upgrading of a number of our resorts facilities , linen and equipment.

This is a part of our continued commitment in Be Resorts Mactan , To deliver the best value experience to our guest.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We recently checked out from the resort yesterday so basically this is hot-off-the grill.It was our first time staying there&basically my 1st reaction was a pleasant one.The room we got was a Standard Room.It had 2 queen beds(just enough for a family of 4)plus a "window sill seating" that was large enough for 1 yaya that we bought.Everything was clean&pleasant altho the towels looked tired&old.Anyway,the 1st thing that came to my mind when i saw the design was that it was very "art deco-ish".The kids loved the pool while i absolutely loved the large"sofa beds"scattered at the beach front for us to relax in at night while the kids run around.Now,that being said,it wasn't a totally perfect staycation bec of quite a number of things.Here goes:
-- lack of towels: we've been requesting for add'l towels since we all got in the water(we were told that we can be able to request)however,3hrs after,we still got the same response: no available towels due to some problems w/ their laundry or something.The kids had to run up the room wet & cold,from the pool below;
-- thin walls i guess?The hotel was packed with Koreans at that time&we could literally hear what they were saying on our room from the hallway.Worst was,i had to call up front desk&complain about the noise at 3AM because these guests were running around,banging their doors&basically talking aloud&being boisterous,unmindful of the time and other sleeping guests.We've stayed in other hotels around Mactan(Shangrila,Plantation,Blue waters,Costabella etc..)but nothing prepared us for this!I understand that this is entirely out of the hands of the hotel but like i said, maybe it's the thin walls?My 6 & 4 yr old sleeping kids woke up 2 to 3 times bec of the noise,therefore prompting me to call front desk.
-- bad breakfast, limited choices. nuff said.
However, 1 redeeming quality that would make me want to go back there again is their supervisor named Bar (Barry?)We were celebrating the bday of my husband that time&wanted to surprise him w/ a bday cake on the morning of his bday.BUT,the hotel had no available pastry or cake of some sort.Barry assisted me all throughout,suggesting that they can just order outside for me w/ no extra charge.I will only pay for the cake.That customer service in itself is,if not for anything,is the one that prompted me to write a review about the hotel.Bar executed excellent customer service,going out of his way to assist me.Because of him,i was able to surprise my husband w/ the cake on the morning of his bday&delivered to our room. Will i go back to the hotel? Yes, i will (but hopefully not when it is full).

Room Tip: not advisable if full as u can hear the noise al the way from the hallway to ur room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank alexarian

Thank you for sharing with us your experience at Be Resorts Mactan.

We have noted the areas of improvement to make your next stay more memorable.

Like Barry our Front Office Supervisor , the rest of the team will continue to deliver service that makes it is "BEyond the Expected" service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to BE Resorts Mactan.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We spent a day of our long weekend there with family...and the view of the sea was beautiful on that warm saturday...the pool is very ideal for kids and family. Room has two queen beds and a basic comfort room. The lobby was hip and filled with modern furniture. There are more korean tourist in the hotel compared to local tourists...overall it was a fun experience at Be.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank hard_traveler214
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband and I visited last September,2012 and we were both surprised with its simple and very homey atmosphere.The pool is ideal for those who want to learn to swim. The service is excellent and I highly recommend the home made donut served at the breakfast buffet.I wish more Filipinos would know about this.This is the hotel for those who just want to get away and have a break.I highly recommend it and will surely be back.I do not know if they have a fitness center or spa, as I spent most of our time in the pool.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the ocean and I was perfectly happy. I think it was int he third floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leda298573
MactanBeresorts, General Manager at BE Resort, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear leda298573,

Thank you for taking time to give your review.

My Team are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay in our resort.
We do take pride in our home-made dough nut , which we make fresh daily.

Our Be Calm Spa offers a variety of massages and treatment that has won praises from our international guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back to BE Resorts Mactan.

Garry

Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Sotogrande Hotel & Resort
Sotogrande Hotel & Resort
#21 of 32 in Lapu Lapu

Been to BE Resort, Mactan? Share your experiences!