BE Resort, Mactan
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Mactan Golden Motel(Cebu Island)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewsinfinity poolflat screen tvenjoyed my staywhite sandmactan islandbuffet breakfast isnice poolnice resorta bit priceyshrinebathtubdipjeepneybilliardsrestomskid
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We had a weekend on this resort...The positives...The rooms had 2 queen size bed so there's ample room. They have a small ref but with only 2 small complimentary water bottle. They have in room safe. The interiors of the lobby is quite nice and modern. They have 2 pools and the larger pool has a small kiddie pool attached to it so you could consider a 3 pool for their resort. They have some nice chairs on the beach front... The negatives... food and service sucks. The food is just canteen food level but the price of a hotel. The service is also very slow. During breakfast since it is a buffet, most of the food trays are not being refilled as fast as they should be. The location is not really nice as you can't do anything outside of the hotel at night. There are no groceries as well. Taxi sometimes would charge you additional P50 because they will be staying for a while waiting for new passenger after they drop you off since it is not a busy part of the town. The beach is not that good since there are lots of floating grass. The sand is sort of man made but they try to manage the beach and I saw some workers trying to clean up the waters from algae and stuff. The reception staff are not the happiest people..(it looks obvious that they are overloaded and overwhelmed with task). The hotel has a small activity room but everything is with a charge or fee. Worst is there are no attendant present so even if you're willing to pay they are not available to give you the equipment. The rooms lack some amenities with their soap and shampoo are very limited.

3  Thank bidaman
MactanBeresorts, General Manager at BE Resort, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to us particularly regarding the taxi. There should be no additional charges for your drop off at Be Resorts. Rest assured that we will investigate on this matter and have this cleared out with the taxi operators. Should you have similar concerns as this, kindly do not hesitate to inform us so that we can take the necessary actions. Kindly accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience that you have experienced during your stay with us.

I am hoping that we will be able to offer you better service next time. Thank you for your patronage.

BEst,
Garry A. Garcia

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I travelled with my Mother to the Philippines for our first visit. We had taken advantage of a group booking at the hotel for a family wedding to be held at the Shangri-La. In all there were over 25 rooms used by our group. The hotel had asked for prepayment as they were very close to fully booked.

If they knew this then why did they run out of beer, food and ingredients such as pineapple juice and coconut milk just to name a few? Nothing was restocked over our two night stay and when our room was made up, the toilet paper (which had run out) was not replaced!

The service for the few items they had available on the one copy of the menu all guests had to share was shocking. Food was not prepared until 2 hours later in one case and it was a simple spaghetti bolognaise! It was near impossible at times to attract the attention of service staff and when questioning them about ingredients not supplied (as written in the menu) they pretended not to know English.

The buffet breakfast was mediocre at best but the only time when you could count on getting some food at the hotel! They never had butter or any condiments for the bread/toast. What the? Dry toast....!

I organised our transfer to the airport by email, stating our flight number and time, luckily I checked as they had our transfer organised for only a half an hour before the flight was due to leave! I organised a more appropriate time and we checked out a half an hour prior to this time so we could say our goodbyes to family. The driver saw us checking out, got in the vehicle and started honking his horn at us to hurry up as we were talking to our family half an hour before the arranged time!!

I advise all people to avoid this hotel. If we had been there for longer than two nights we would have cut our losses and found another hotel as many in our party did. We then went onto stay at a hotel similarly priced near Station One in Boracay with the most pleasant service staff, gorgeous food and lovely drinks, setting, atmosphere etc.

Be Warned re Be Resorts!

5  Thank Amy W
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding hosted at the Shangri-la. This definitely wasn't the nicest place we stayed in the Philippines. About half the stuff the offered on the menu wasn't available as they kept running out of ingredients. The food they did have wasn't very good either. They didn't even have any beer for about four days, much to the disappointment of a few of our party. I should mention that the service I received every morning during breakfast was excellent but that's because I was up at 6 before everyone else. The one morning I came down to eat at 9, it wasn't so great. Only a quarter of the tables were being used but we had to wait 15 minutes just to get one of the tables wiped down for us. There was no coffee left and we ended up eating rice an toast because the rest of the food had run out. Breakfast was supposed to go for another hour.

It probably seems like I'm complaining a little much for a 3 star review. The service I got early in the mornings really was excellent. If they sort out their staffing and supply problems and put a little work into their menu, the place would be a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank David B
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

My family and I all booked rooms in Be Resorts for a Cebu vacation. The resort itself is qute nice and the rooms were big, spacious and well-designed.

What I really did not like was the service:

1. We almost got transferred because they overbooked. On the day we arrived, we were asked if the rest of our party arriving the next day could move to Costabella instead- a resort about 5 km away. They did say they would provide the transportation as well. I refused because we were all attending a wedding at the shang and I said that the best I could compromise on was for them us to transfer us to movenpick down the road. What annoyed me most was the reply I got that they could not move us to movenpick because it would cost them more. If you're inconveniencing a guest, because of you're own error, you should be prepared to spend! In any case, they were able to work it out in the end and we did not have to transfer.

2. Breakfast buffet was not good. Refills came slowly. Attending waiters were scarce to come bu

I hope management steps up their customer service because it's a waste of a good place

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Timlimgenco
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I love be's interior. It is fun and quirky. A lot of their furnitures are from the well known designer Kenneth Cobunpue. I also appreciate that their rooms have 2 queen size beds, enough for the three of us. I often travel with my husband and son, and the last thing I want from a vacation is not having good night sleeps. The bed is comfortable. The comfort room doesn't have a bath tub but i do not mind. I usually dont have time to use bath tub during vacations. Booking was also swift and easy.

One thing I do not like about Be is their service in their restaurant. Half of the items in their menu were not available. I also saw some of their guests complaining that serving was too slow. But having read below reviews before going made me prepare what to expect.

Be is a unique resort hotel, however, they really need to improve their F&B. They should hire somebody more competent to manage it better.

2  Thank sophiegrayy