BE Resort, Mactan
$261
$242
Goldberry Suites & Hotel(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
$76
$55
$83
$78
$255
$238
Eloisa Royal Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
$42
$62
$311
$279
Agoda.com
Dulcinea Hotel and Suites(Lapu Lapu)(Great Value!)
$40
$38
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsinfinity poolflat screen tvenjoyed my staywhite sandmactan islandbuffet breakfast isnice poolnice resorta bit priceyshrinebathtubdipjeepneybilliardsrestomskid
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I travelled with my Mother to the Philippines for our first visit. We had taken advantage of a group booking at the hotel for a family wedding to be held at the Shangri-La. In all there were over 25 rooms used by our group. The hotel had asked for prepayment as they were very close to fully booked.

If they knew this then why did they run out of beer, food and ingredients such as pineapple juice and coconut milk just to name a few? Nothing was restocked over our two night stay and when our room was made up, the toilet paper (which had run out) was not replaced!

The service for the few items they had available on the one copy of the menu all guests had to share was shocking. Food was not prepared until 2 hours later in one case and it was a simple spaghetti bolognaise! It was near impossible at times to attract the attention of service staff and when questioning them about ingredients not supplied (as written in the menu) they pretended not to know English.

The buffet breakfast was mediocre at best but the only time when you could count on getting some food at the hotel! They never had butter or any condiments for the bread/toast. What the? Dry toast....!

I organised our transfer to the airport by email, stating our flight number and time, luckily I checked as they had our transfer organised for only a half an hour before the flight was due to leave! I organised a more appropriate time and we checked out a half an hour prior to this time so we could say our goodbyes to family. The driver saw us checking out, got in the vehicle and started honking his horn at us to hurry up as we were talking to our family half an hour before the arranged time!!

I advise all people to avoid this hotel. If we had been there for longer than two nights we would have cut our losses and found another hotel as many in our party did. We then went onto stay at a hotel similarly priced near Station One in Boracay with the most pleasant service staff, gorgeous food and lovely drinks, setting, atmosphere etc.

Be Warned re Be Resorts!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Amy W
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding hosted at the Shangri-la. This definitely wasn't the nicest place we stayed in the Philippines. About half the stuff the offered on the menu wasn't available as they kept running out of ingredients. The food they did have wasn't very good either. They didn't even have any beer for about four days, much to the disappointment of a few of our party. I should mention that the service I received every morning during breakfast was excellent but that's because I was up at 6 before everyone else. The one morning I came down to eat at 9, it wasn't so great. Only a quarter of the tables were being used but we had to wait 15 minutes just to get one of the tables wiped down for us. There was no coffee left and we ended up eating rice an toast because the rest of the food had run out. Breakfast was supposed to go for another hour.

It probably seems like I'm complaining a little much for a 3 star review. The service I got early in the mornings really was excellent. If they sort out their staffing and supply problems and put a little work into their menu, the place would be a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank David B
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

My family and I all booked rooms in Be Resorts for a Cebu vacation. The resort itself is qute nice and the rooms were big, spacious and well-designed.

What I really did not like was the service:

1. We almost got transferred because they overbooked. On the day we arrived, we were asked if the rest of our party arriving the next day could move to Costabella instead- a resort about 5 km away. They did say they would provide the transportation as well. I refused because we were all attending a wedding at the shang and I said that the best I could compromise on was for them us to transfer us to movenpick down the road. What annoyed me most was the reply I got that they could not move us to movenpick because it would cost them more. If you're inconveniencing a guest, because of you're own error, you should be prepared to spend! In any case, they were able to work it out in the end and we did not have to transfer.

2. Breakfast buffet was not good. Refills came slowly. Attending waiters were scarce to come bu

I hope management steps up their customer service because it's a waste of a good place

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Timlimgenco
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I love be's interior. It is fun and quirky. A lot of their furnitures are from the well known designer Kenneth Cobunpue. I also appreciate that their rooms have 2 queen size beds, enough for the three of us. I often travel with my husband and son, and the last thing I want from a vacation is not having good night sleeps. The bed is comfortable. The comfort room doesn't have a bath tub but i do not mind. I usually dont have time to use bath tub during vacations. Booking was also swift and easy.

One thing I do not like about Be is their service in their restaurant. Half of the items in their menu were not available. I also saw some of their guests complaining that serving was too slow. But having read below reviews before going made me prepare what to expect.

Be is a unique resort hotel, however, they really need to improve their F&B. They should hire somebody more competent to manage it better.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sophiegrayy
Reviewed May 8, 2012

In Spring of 2011, I stayed at Be Resorts for 3 weeks. The service was excellent. The staff was very polite and professional. The only minus was the price of food and drinks. Therefore, over 90% of meals were consumed off of the hotel premises. An additional note, the hotel food was excellent.....just too expensive.

Having stayed at dozens of hotels over the years for business and vacation, I can confidently say that Be Resorts gets a 10 score for customer service.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
MactanBeresorts, General Manager at BE Resort, Mactan, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2012

Dear d5678,

Thank you so much for your positive comment about your stay at Be Resorts Mactan. We look forward to welcoming you again .

BEst,