“Highly recommendable! It was pure pleasure for us at Be Resorts!”
Review of BE Resort, Mactan

BE Resort, Mactan
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Lapu Lapu
Reviewed April 26, 2011

We had such a relaxing stay at this hotel. Everything you need for a pleasant beach holiday is right here at this resort.
- The staff are the friendliest we have encountered - smiling, happy, welcoming, accommodating. They are just warm and hospitable and they all seem to enjoy and love what they are doing.
- The interiors is absolutely impressive, with Cobonpue furniture pieces scattered around giving it a very unique touch as what Cobonpue's concept is known for. There is no ugly spot and every nook and cranny was very well-thought.
- We didn't have a hard time requesting for things we need from their Housekeeping. We just ring them and barely 5 minutes after, they are knocking at our door to deliver what we've requested - from extra pillows, to extra towels, a pair of scissors, an iron, etc.
- There is a lot of lounge furniture provided outside where you can laze and relax in as you relish the sun and the beautiful view in front of you with their infinity pool meeting the blueness of the skies and the sea. The view is just breathtaking - with the natural beauty merging with the modern design of their pools and their bar area.
- This place is also kid-friendly. Apart from their kiddie-pools (lifeguards man the place), they have this airconditioned activity center with a play area offering varied toys and a DVD player you and your child can use for free. Other activities like the billiards, Wii games, etc, they have a fee for these.
- Just less than 5 minutes away by jeepney is the ever popular Salo Salo which serves Sutukil (short for Sinugba, Tola or Tinola and Kinilaw). This is a must-try when you're in Cebu. And Salo Salo is the place to go as the locals have recommended. Here you can eat all the fresh seafoods to your heart's content and have it cooked just the way you like it! Sort of like Dampa in Manila only the fresh seafood fare is available right at the doorstep of their restaurant. Everything they served was scrumptious! Beside this site is the Lapu-Lapu shrine. Worthy of mentioning as well is for you to try this Mango Shake being sold in front of the compound of Salo Salo. It is soo good and refreshing (tastes better than the Mango Shakes in hotels as it is soo creamy and just rightly sweet) not to mention, a steal for just P15.00 per cup.
- Their reception is very helpful. Earl, the name of the guy at the front desk, arranged our transfer to the airport and he managed to scout for us the cheapest van for hire to take us there with a side trip to the Danggitan district and Lechon shop across SM Cebu, the best Cebu Lechon according to them. They are accommodating with our questions and you would feel that they are eager to help out.
- The room rate is a BARGAIN for what the resort has to offer. Rooms are tastefully decorated, trendy with a high ceiling making it look really roomy.
- Their breakfast buffet has room for improvement though. Choices were good and varied enough but it would've been better if there are more. I suggest you add a Cereal section like in other hotels which is good to have for your fussy little diners. I was impressed when my son and niece only wanted to eat bacon and rice and there was none in their buffet. They readily offered to serve them a plate each of bacon freshly cooked from their kitchen. =)
Overall, we can highly recommend this delightful resort to anyone who's thinking of heading to Mactan Island for some RnR. It's perfect for anyone - a single traveler, a family with kids, couples, friends etc. We will definitely stay here again if we ever find the need for some Mactan, Cebu beach getaway in the future.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank heynowbeaches

Reviewed April 25, 2011

Upon the entering the resort I was really impressed by the design and feel. It was chic and playful... the front desk people were nice but it seems there was no system in checking in. I need to remind them that the form was filled and then thats when they realized as they were attending to another guest who was checking in then another checking out....

Our room was at the 3rd floor and the aircon was busted. So they transferred us to 4th floor and the flush wasn't working!...

The next day on our breakfast, one needs to surrender the coupon to this guy who takes the coupon and leads you to the buffet. During our breakfast the guy comes to me and ask for our coupon, which I told him I already gave it to you remember?! Then he asked for the guest name and left.

It was very disappointing as I expected that with the nice designed resort I expected a more trained/skilled staff and good service especially on a peak season.

I travel a lot and try new places especially those good ones and this I must say didnt meet up my standards.

To the owner or Management, kindly look at this issue and maybe train your staff more. They easily gets rattled with so many guest, they should have anticipated this already.

Thanks

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chiquita E
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My family and I stayed in Be Resorts last weekend. I would say that our stay good although it could have been better. A few things:

1. In the website it says all rooms have bathrobes and slippers. I stayed in a standard room but didn't see any bathrobe but just two bath towels. I am not sure if that is the hotel's standard set-up but there were no hand towels or face towels.

I am not the type who complains a lot and just want to have a good time with my family so I didn't complain. I think your staff and friendly however, to be really compete well against the giant hotels around you I think certain standards of service must be maintained.

2. We arrived early in the hotel and our room wasn't ready and so our luggage was kept in the luggage storage. We waited for about 3hrs for our room to be ready. When we finally checked in, I was told that our luggage would be sent to the room. I waited for more than an hour and still the luggage was not sent to our room. I called reception and was told they would have it sent. I waited for another 20minutes but no luggage came. I called reception again and it was only then that our luggage came.

I am not a fussy traveler and I understand that the hotel was busy at that time but again, I hope management would look into it.

3. On the day of our departure, at around half past 7 in the morning reception called our room to say that we had to leave earlier than scheduled because of an event in Cebu, a fun run. I appreciate that they informed us however, it was a bit late as we were advised to leave at 8:00am. My mother was still having breakfast and so I asked the receptionist to approach my mother and inform her that we had to leave at 8:00am. My mother is almost 60yrs old and I guess due to difference in dialect the way it was told to her sounded off. She felt a bit of pain in her stomach when she was told to finish her breakfast immediately. It would have been better if we were advised the night before as I settled my bill the night before our departure.
The airport transfer that we arranged didn't arrive on time as he was caught in traffic after bringing a guest to the airport. We didn't have much of a choice and so the hotel arranged a taxi instead. The taxi had its leather seat torn, looking very old.

Impressive service by the lifeguard and pool staff who were very courteous and responsive to the needs of the guest.
I would still recommend the hotel as the food and facilities are really good.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Booked this hotel on hotels.com but made a small mistake on the checkin date. All the booking details were handed over to the personel at the reception and they didn't comment on the wrong date while they were busy for an hour for the checkin. Next day on checkout they commented on the wrong checkin date and handed over the bill quoting the full room rate (double price!) for the previous day and recommended me to cancel the booking on hotels.com but had to pay full rate because of wrong date. Mr. Wil at the reception was very reluctant to simply change the date. Also paid for next day now and still waiting for refund, never been treated so badly at a hotel!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank madema73
Reviewed March 11, 2011

We stayed in this hotel from March 4-6, 2011.
PROS:
Hands-down one of the best service crew that we have encountered. Such friendly folks, always smiling, very flexible and easy-to-talk to. Everyone we encountered was nice - front desk, waiters, pool lifeguard, lobby store attendant, security guard, valet...
Pretty interiors: quite modern with beautiful Cebu-made furniture
Location was good - for a sub-$100/night hotel, it was situated beside 5-star hotels like the Shang. Only 15-20 mins away from the airport.

CONS:
The only bad experience we had was that our room was right beside the cafe which played band music till late night. We had to sleep early and was very bothered with the noise. The front desk tried their best to shorten the entertainment, but had to balance it with the expectations of those who wanted to catch the band.
Others:
food was so-so
amenities were few: e.g. only 2 bath towels were provided (no hand/face towels). but for a sub-$100 room, i guess it's expected to cut some costs.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank khunkc
Reviewed February 15, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights over the Christmas period. It was perfect for lazing around, which is what we wanted to do between Christmas functions with family on Mactan Island. The 'eternity' pool is great for swimming and there are several options for eating and drinking - right on the artificial beach, next to the pool, in the sun, under a verandah, indoors, and so on. The service was excellent - attentive without being intrusive. There was a variety of aquatic sports available, although we didn't opt for any of them - at least they are there if you choose to use them.

Breakfast was very good - a wide range to choose from, and eggs made to order as you wait. The food in the restaurant was of good quality, if a little on the pricey side. The convenience and long opening hours made up for the price. There's free wifi in the lobby and restaurant - fast and reliable.

There's a range of satellite TV channels and room service - perfect when we just wanted to flop on our beds after long days of travelling around and meeting people. The decor is really cool, especially the lobby. The air-conditioning works well - a must for visting the Philippines!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stourton1582
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Nice decoration hotel but it's a bit hot to stay in restaurant area for breakfast. Inside was hot as fan is nice looking design but not powerful, outside - because of the sun in the morning, it's too hot for breakfast and poor 2 guys in cooking egg section and pancake section outside area, I just can't imagine how could they stand in such hot environment.

Beach is man-made beach but no sandy sand, nice for view from long distance but not nice for step on it.

Food in restaurant was quite nice but quite pricy.

No shopping or small shop around the hotel.

No kettle in the room and offered 2 small bottles water which is not convenience (of course no complimentary coffee or tea or even hot water)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Sotogrande Hotel & Resort
#20 of 32 in Lapu Lapu
Bluewater Maribago Beach Resort
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa

Been to BE Resort, Mactan? Share your experiences!