We had such a relaxing stay at this hotel. Everything you need for a pleasant beach holiday is right here at this resort.
- The staff are the friendliest we have encountered - smiling, happy, welcoming, accommodating. They are just warm and hospitable and they all seem to enjoy and love what they are doing.
- The interiors is absolutely impressive, with Cobonpue furniture pieces scattered around giving it a very unique touch as what Cobonpue's concept is known for. There is no ugly spot and every nook and cranny was very well-thought.
- We didn't have a hard time requesting for things we need from their Housekeeping. We just ring them and barely 5 minutes after, they are knocking at our door to deliver what we've requested - from extra pillows, to extra towels, a pair of scissors, an iron, etc.
- There is a lot of lounge furniture provided outside where you can laze and relax in as you relish the sun and the beautiful view in front of you with their infinity pool meeting the blueness of the skies and the sea. The view is just breathtaking - with the natural beauty merging with the modern design of their pools and their bar area.
- This place is also kid-friendly. Apart from their kiddie-pools (lifeguards man the place), they have this airconditioned activity center with a play area offering varied toys and a DVD player you and your child can use for free. Other activities like the billiards, Wii games, etc, they have a fee for these.
- Just less than 5 minutes away by jeepney is the ever popular Salo Salo which serves Sutukil (short for Sinugba, Tola or Tinola and Kinilaw). This is a must-try when you're in Cebu. And Salo Salo is the place to go as the locals have recommended. Here you can eat all the fresh seafoods to your heart's content and have it cooked just the way you like it! Sort of like Dampa in Manila only the fresh seafood fare is available right at the doorstep of their restaurant. Everything they served was scrumptious! Beside this site is the Lapu-Lapu shrine. Worthy of mentioning as well is for you to try this Mango Shake being sold in front of the compound of Salo Salo. It is soo good and refreshing (tastes better than the Mango Shakes in hotels as it is soo creamy and just rightly sweet) not to mention, a steal for just P15.00 per cup.
- Their reception is very helpful. Earl, the name of the guy at the front desk, arranged our transfer to the airport and he managed to scout for us the cheapest van for hire to take us there with a side trip to the Danggitan district and Lechon shop across SM Cebu, the best Cebu Lechon according to them. They are accommodating with our questions and you would feel that they are eager to help out.
- The room rate is a BARGAIN for what the resort has to offer. Rooms are tastefully decorated, trendy with a high ceiling making it look really roomy.
- Their breakfast buffet has room for improvement though. Choices were good and varied enough but it would've been better if there are more. I suggest you add a Cereal section like in other hotels which is good to have for your fussy little diners. I was impressed when my son and niece only wanted to eat bacon and rice and there was none in their buffet. They readily offered to serve them a plate each of bacon freshly cooked from their kitchen. =)
Overall, we can highly recommend this delightful resort to anyone who's thinking of heading to Mactan Island for some RnR. It's perfect for anyone - a single traveler, a family with kids, couples, friends etc. We will definitely stay here again if we ever find the need for some Mactan, Cebu beach getaway in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Indulge in our Cebu hotel's stylish accommodations while you simply recharge and get away from it all. Find yourself in a higher state of bliss as you experience BE Resort, Mactan's award-winning and contemporary interior design. Beyond the comfort and elegance of BE Resort, Mactan rooms is an extensive list of amenities that make your experience at BE Resort, Mactan a memorable and pleasurable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelPower, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Travel Book Philippines, Inc. and getaroom.com so you can book your BE Resort, Mactan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Be Resorts - Mactan Hotel Lapu Lapu
- Microtel Hotel Lapu
- Microtel Hotel Mactan
- BE Resort, Mactan Cebu Island/Mactan Island