All reviews top floor decent bed short walk mango square would stay here again home away from home family room location is great circle wifi philippines robinsons foreigners jeepney supermarket hospital
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I have stayed here on a number of occassions over the last 4 years and have enjoyed my visits each time. Reading some of the other posts i am somewhat surprised given i have never had a problem with security here nor the level of service. Many of the staff here have in fact been working here continuously for many years, with only a few new faces evident on my most recent trip. Yes, there are a number of foreign men who stay here but not all are sex tourists, myself included. The Hotel is centrally located, has a great rooftop restaurant with attentive staff and many speak very good english. The room i stayed in on the second floor faced the street and although there was some noise from passing traffic, i could not fault the room. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank nomasaussie
Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is my 2nd time in fuente, so far i have no problem with the people who work there, they're friendly and accomodating. They have Rooftop restaurant which serves filipino and foreign food, when we stayed there, the service was slow, i dont why coz last time the food was so fast.....The hot shower doesnt have a perfect pressure, it was soo hot.. its hard to adjust! I observed also, so many old foreigners who brought different young girls everyday.. theres a 1 foreign guy there, who i think is a lesbian coz he brought 2 filipino at the same time. Even the Guard got pissed off coz its around 10pm the visitors isnt allowed that time. Anyway, the room is affordable and its in the center for everything..very good location! I might stay there again but i'll make sure next time theres no problem with the shower!

Room Tip: TIP: Better Check the shower first b4 check in...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Morena B
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Fairly-priced, and quite helpful desk staff. This hotel is totally basic and that would be OK were it not for some serous shortcomings. The guards at the door are moere concerned in maintaining their shenanigans with the local taxis and touting their overpriced and unwanted offers to guests. Moreover, the hotel is a bit of a knocking-shop for old and overweight white guys and young local girls. Bit sleazy really. Prison-like rooms and atmosphere - you need to request at least three times before it will actually be made up. Nice roof garden spoiled by sex tourists.

Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Timallalone
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Well my first time to Fuente Pension House in July 2010 was great. Good food, good place, safe and no brown outs.
Went there again this October and found the place had changed management ( even though the idiot at the front desk tried to tell me it hadn't) The kitchen staff were all new, the bell boys were all new, perhaps there were 2 staff that belonged to the previous management but thats all...all the rest I'd never seen before.
My friend and I stayed one night and having unpacked our cases.. and rearranged the laptop to go in the case with outer things, we suddenly experienced a brown out, (or power outage) rather than wait in a dark and very isolated and very ordinary room (we were the only ones on this floor) thus we decided to leave our room and go for a stroll until the power came back on. We did notice that other lights were on around the other building and on other levels in the pension house- strange huh!.
Upon returning some 30 minutes later, we went back to our room where we decide we'd take advantage of the free wi-fi up in the top floor (canteen) and as we went to open the case..behold!! NO LAPTOP and chord!!! the thieving buggers had taken it. It was definatley an inside job, no forced door locks, nothing taken except the laptop.I immediately went down to the front counter and told them what had happened. Well, there was no fuss, no sorry, no shock-horror..all I got was " Are you sure sir you didn't leave it outside" What the!!!!... I was clearly frustrated and this fool of a man could only say this. I said I was going to the police, I told him he had a thief on his staff ( to which he just rolled his eyes and pursed his lips the tosser). I moved out and went to the Cebu City Midtown Hotel, far nicer and YOU CAN TRUST THE STAFF .
I made my complaint to the police, I got my paperwork from them ( report) for insurance and I notified my insurance company back in Australia as to what had happened.
MY ADVICE FOLKS...DONT GO THERE!!! and if you do - watch your stuff...don't let them see any of your things, and if you experience a brown out.. take your valuables with you!!!!!
I definately wont be back there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
18  Thank PhilippinesTraveler
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I had selected this hotel based on the Lonely Planet "Editor's Pick" rating. The stay was nothing special, and rooms were basic. I don't think it was worth the money paid. The floor was sticky where I did not feel comfortable on bare feet -- I wore my sandals. On the plus side, there was free internet in the rooms. When leaving, the hotel security guard was in kahoots with the taxi driver to request fixed fare for my trip to the airport -- I pushed back and was ready to leave them to find another taxi that would use the meter, when the driver changed his position. I don't appreciate that the security guard was also in on the deal. The location of the hotel is good, and the security is safe -- just not worth the money for what you receive. Not a special place at all. Don't know where Lonely Planet was coming from. I stayed in room 109.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo