“Friendly Service and Very Accessible”
Review of Mango Park Hotel

Mango Park Hotel
Ranked #64 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I do most of the time visit Cebu City for Business meetings. I find Mango Park Hotel very convenient for me since it is situated near business establishments that can satisfy me when I go look for fun, food and relaxation! Hotel Staffs are very warm when it comes to service. Hotel rooms are also clean. Major reason will be, Mango Park Hotel is very affordable and you can get all the best services a Customer would want! Most especially when times that we badly need someone to help us during emergency case, hotel staff did not hesitate to extend their help with us. Mango Park Hotel ... keep it up!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south are quieter and I will always recommend deluxe rooms are good!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
MangoPark, Public Relations Manager at Mango Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for the making us your home in the Heart of Cebu whether it is for Business or Pleasure. We always make sure that your stay will be worth it.

As a 15 year old Hotel, we guarantee that the service will always be improved as well as our facilities. We have completed our room renovation, function rooms and have already opened our new food outlet called #46 Mango Avenue - An Al Fresco, Bistro and soon a Sky Bar on top near the pool area.

We hope to see you soon and experience the new Mango Park Hotel.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is average, everything here is. I been staying here more than 10 years now. I actually stay here because its near some of my clients.

They renovated the rooms last year so its actually better now. I don't know about the other rooms but the ordinary rooms were improved.

The hotel is in the middle of things to do in Cebu city so everything is a cab ride away. It's near to restaurants, there's actually lighthouse right beside.

Overall you'll pretty much get what you paid for. Nothing more.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Not bad value for money as this hotel is only 70php taxi ride from Ayala mall and offers reasonable rooms for around 1500php including breakfast.

Stayed in suite room which is big but wouldn't really call it as suite. Tiny tv with working cable channels. Nice guards and staff, cleaning staff will wake you up early in the morning as there is no don't disturb signs.

Walking distance from the girl bars if you're looking for that kind of night life.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 16, 2012

The impression I got from the photos did not match up with reality. I thought it was nearer the center of town and that it was more elegant than I experienced it.
The location: between the center and the hotel was walking distance but not to be recommended as it was unsafe due to street kids waylaying you and robbing you on the way. Take a cab!
The room: acceptable but small and in need of updating. I had a bath and TV and A/C that was noisy and situated so that I couldn't sit and enjoy air conditioning. Lying down it was OK. The bed was big enough and comfortable and I slept undisturbed.
Breakfast: it looked good but was consisted mainly of food for asians. The bench-like sitting arrangements were rather primitive and cafe-like.
The park? I think this referred to a few trees around the front entrance and car park but I didn't investigate further. I didn't have time to try out the swimming pool so cannot comment on this.
If I were going to spend more than one night I would not choose this hotel but a more modern hotel if necessary further from the center.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank vikingdave100
MangoPark, Director of Sales at Mango Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Hi Sir,

Thank you for the review. We value your opinions in order for us to serve you even better. We have to admit that our photos are quite outdated due to the on-going renovations. We are happy to say that we have completed 100% our renovation of the rooms as well as our Restaurant, #46 Mango Avenue that is bigger and gives a more culinary food experience to our Guests.

To date, we have upgraded our Air-conditioning and TVs as well and will be one of the first hotels to offer USB outlets for your mobile phones, tablets, iPads, etc.

We will be constantly updating our photos as we further complete our facade.

Please visit our website www.mangoparkhotel.com and facebook page: www.facebook.com/MangoParkHotel to get first hand updates.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is an older hotel but its conveniently located near the center of Cebu--although a cab ride (inexpensive) is necessary to get to the center. Rooms were large but rather drab, clean and the bed was fine. No complaints. We stayed here one night while we took a quick look at Cebu before catching a ferry to Bohol. Overall, fine but average. Would probably stay here again for the same purpose since didn't see many alternatives in this price range.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My hubby and I used to stay here whenever we go to Cebu because it is near on his family and relatives who lives in Lahug. This October 31-November 2, to celebrate the All-Saints day we reserved a Suite Room for 3-days. The room is huge with 1-Queen size bed and 1-single bed. I noticed the Dresser fronting the toilet door which gives me the creep. I just don't like the looks of it. Really creepy for me. Also the room is not well lit. Like in a toilet room, only 2 light bulbs are in it, 1 in a shower room and one in the bath-tub area.
Please note for the women who will stay in this hotel, this hotel has only 1 (ONE) Hair-dryer!!! You will have to wait for the guest to checked-out before you can borrow the only 1 hair-dryer..my goodness!! To add up to my dissapointment, there is NO COMPLIMENTARY BOTTLED WATER, we have to buy our own bottled water outside. Their bottled water in the fridge costs P30.00 (P10.00 in the supermarket). Buffet breakfast is okay even though limited food choices.
On the lighter side, the staff are all attentive and nice. The hotel location is also good, near Jollibee and Fuente Osmena circle.
I asked my husband to checked other hotels next time around.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Mam,

Thank you for the review. We try our best to accommodate your requests and we always listen to suggestions. We are happy to say that as of March this year, we have updated and improved our amenities thanks to you... :)

We have equipped all our rooms with hair dryers and have given complimentary bottled water already as part of our added service. We are now 100% renovated in all our Guest Rooms, Function Rooms, Restaurant and soon our new spacious lobby.

We hope to see you back and reconsider us to experience the new Mango Park Hotel experience. You can get updates by visiting our newly updated website www.mangoparkhotel.com

Thanks.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

The first problem was that we were being charged for a Deluxe room but were put into a standard room. The phone in the room didn't work and it took them a day and a half to finally get it working. In the meantime I asked about the room rate and they said there was nothing they could do unless we wanted to pay an additional 400P a night which would have raised the cost of the room to about what a decent hotel room in the USA is.

The second problem was the room was infested with all kinds of ants and bugs that kept getting into our food so we could not eat it even after one night. Again, nothing could be done.

The final and biggest problem was that after we moved to another Hotel we were charged for the days that we were not even in Mango Park and are now working with our bank to get this money returned.

All in all this was one of the worst travel experiences we have ever had, and suffice it to say we will NEVER stay in Mango Park Hotel again, nor will we ever refer friends or family to stay there.

Room Tip: Stay in another Hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank karmausa
MangoPark, Public Relations Manager at Mango Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Hi,

Thank you for the review and our apologies for the inconvenience that you have encountered.
With regards to your incident, your booking came through a prepaid online Travel site and we have to respect our agreements with them since they are our partners. We cannot cancel a booking without them receiving a Guest cancellation. We did advise them anyway and we hope that everything was settled.

We are sorry for the telephone mishap as technical problems arise from time to time. We have made necessary changes and improvements to this and so far is already working well.

As for the ants / bugs in your food, we have a regular treatment for that maintained.
As we all know, whenever food is left in the open for hours these insects will always find its way. It is important to either store it in the refrigerator or have room service take it out.
Again, we are making ways to diligently have food dished out after eating if permitted by the Guest.

In behalf of the Management and staff, our sincere apologies. We cannot change what has happened. Rest assured we are committed to serve you. We are also happy to say that we have done and completed our renovation of all our Guests Rooms, Meeting Rooms and we have a now F&B outlet called #46 Mango Avenue which serves local and international culinary dishes.

If in any case your are visiting Cebu again, please email us and we will be happy to take care of your stay and let you experience our new look and better service.

Thank you.