“Great Value”

Ranked #3 of 76 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Bacoor, Philippines
“Great Value”
Reviewed September 24, 2010

The best part in staying at the Palazzo Pensionne is the Cebuano hospitality given to us by the hotel staff. One of them, "Tita Syone" always made sure we were attended to, gave us tips where to go, and always had a smile on her face. Every single one of the staff was courteous and friendly too.

The room we stayed in was spacious, the beds were OK, the air conditioning just right, the bathroom clean - and comes in with complimentary toiletries. Our room had a cable TV, that's always a plus. They also have a small Cafe which serves breakfast that comes with the price of the room. The food's OK.

This place is a low cost Inn, located a bit away from the main streets, but that makes it kind of more special, it's tucked away from the busy Cebu, but still close enough with all the taxis and public transportation easily hailed. I may be wrong, but it felt like the hotel was close to where I wanted to go. The jeepney fare to the Basilica Minore del Sto. Nino is at the minimum fare of 7 pesos, so that's a big plus if you're looking for a city tour.

Do not let its surroundings and location fool you. Once you step inside the Inn, it's whole different thing.

I was expecting a lot less for the price we paid - but I was so surprised to have gotten service waaaayyyy better than I would for paying so little money. If you're on a budget, this is the Inn for you.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank yjgisaac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
hong kong
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The location is near to Ayala Center, around 15 min walking distance (but not recommend walking in night-time). The staffs are friendly and patient in answering your every question, but not much travel information shown in reception.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank fatflora
sydney
Reviewed March 8, 2010

Palazzo Pensionne is a 250peso, 30 minute taxi drive from the airport - most taxi drivers SAY they know the Palazzo - but make sure they do - a map is available on Palazzos web site.
Accommodation is Clean, the area is Safe and the people who run Palazzo are friendly, efficient & helpful. What more could you want for an overnight stoppover. Breakfast served in the little restaurant was delicious - choice of American or Filipino or Continental breakfast - choose the Filipino breakfast - you wont regret it.
My stay overnight before travelling the followiing day to Boljoon and the Granada Beach Resort (read my review) was restful & pleasant, in fact I booked two nights accommodation for my relax before flying home to Australia.
Can thoroughly recommend this lovely little pensionne

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
3 Thank Philip S
Zamboanga City
Reviewed October 30, 2009

Everytime my parents and I travel to Cebu for vacation, we always stay at Palazzo. The place is quite and can provide the serenity I need away from the busy noise of the city. The location is great because it sits right at the heart of the city, just a matter of minutes from everywhere you decide to go so it saves you a lot of money from cab fares. The rooms are clean and well designed that you feel you're getting more out of your money's worth. The staff is awesome because they're so warm and hospitable, they truly treat you like family. I have known this place for years, and I'm glad to say that I'll be coming back here everytime I'm going to Cebu.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank KathleenXy-za
Washington DC
Reviewed October 21, 2009

This was a simple hostel type place, very in-expensive with minimal amenities. I like this kind of place, not overwhelming or over priced for what it offers. I wanted a bed and somewhere to store my things, nothing more and nothing less. My big favorite about the place was that I got an internet connection free and could scout out the rest of my time and plans, unlike many overpriced places in the Philippines that try to gouge you and to over charge for a simple internet service. The near-by neighborhood could felt a little out of place, could easily get lost finding the place. Had a quaint cafe setting, which was really just make shift for a breakfast area, and the house provides a free breakfast for each nights stay. When I skipped the breakfast one morning the house owner was actually concerned for me and getting a good meal, was a nice feeling to see someone who cared.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank Yogi505
London
Reviewed January 9, 2008

Having travelled to and from the Philippines many times over the last 3 years my wife and I always stop over at the Palazzo. We are always greeted like old freinds and always have a clean comfortable room.
A little basic but completely adequate. Always enjoyable and has become a part of our holiday that we look forward to. Very good value for the money!

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Not all taxi drivers know where it is
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple