We stayed one night at the Junior Suite. The view from the room is breathtaking. I think that when booking a room, you have a choice between ocean view or mountain view. We had the ocean view. Room was very clean, bed comfortable enough. Bathroom was moderately sized. However, the shower's temperature would sometimes fluctuate, but a letter from the management was left in our room saying that repairs are currently being done to address that.
As for the amenities, we had access to the Continental Club, which is the top floor of the hotel with the most amazing view of BOTH the ocean and the mountain. Perfect spot for taking photos. Complimentary snacks and cocktails were also served there at certain times, but refreshments were available the entire day. The hotel also has a medium-sized pool, but my only complaint is that construction workers from a building being constructed nearby were watching the swimmers. Awkward.
The location isn't so bad. About 25minutes by cab (around PhP125) to major historical sites, and a little less for Ayala Mall, though SM is a bit farther. Anyway, Marco Polo also offers shuttle services to, from and among the malls every few hours, making more trips than most other hotels, so that was convenient as not only were we spared the taxi fare, we were also able to ask the shuttle to drop off our purchases at the concierge.
I must say though, the most commendable aspect of my stay in Marco Polo Plaza was the service. I've had the pleasure of staying many 3-, 4-, and 5-star hotels all over the world, and although usually, 4- and 5-stars have especially friendly and helpful staff, the efficiency and cheerfulness and Marco Polo has been the best I have experienced so far. All the staff I've interacted with would go the extra mile to cater to my requests, even anticipating them before I asked, and all done with a pleasant smile that truly makes you feel that they love doing their job. Particular props to one of the butlers in the Continental Club, Isidro A.
Over all, very good stay and definitely recommended. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is nestled at the prestigious Nivel Hills providing a spectacular view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. Be it business or vacation, stay at Cebu City's Finest hotel, the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a 24 storey hotel with 329 well-appointed guest rooms including suites with fine amenities, 24 hour security and safety measures and free Wi-Fi internet. A trip to the "Queen City of the South" in the Philippines - Cebu, is a culinary journey. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is hailed as a dining destination of Cebu City. Dubbed as the "Best Buffet in Cebu City", Cafe Marco attracts diners to feast on Filipino, Continental and Western cuisine. It is awarded as Top 5 Restaurant in the Philippines by the prestigious Miele Guide in 2013. Blu Bar & Grill is an ultimate dining experience in Cebu City. From a thousand feet above sea level, it offers a panoramic view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. The glamorous Philippine Tattler awards it as one of Philippines' Best Restaurants. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a choice Cebu venue for meetings, conferences and celebrations. Its lavish Grand Ballroom and function rooms can accommodate up to 2,500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HRS and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Marco Polo Plaza Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Polo Plaza Hotel Cebu City
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City