We booked online their weekender promo to relax and just chill after a very busy week at work. I would say that their weekend promo is a steal since we get to enjoy their hotel at a long period of time. We were able to avail perks such as late checkout, a free pizza and free pair of flip flop.
As for their rooms, it's a bit old as compared to other hotels that I've been to. You can also hear people passing by/talking even when you're inside the room.
But what their interior lacks was well compensated by the value of their service. Generally, service was good and people were always greeting you and smiling.
As for their gym, it was a bit old and cramped. They only had 2 thread mills available. The attendant was attentive though and suggested other exercise machines to use while we are waiting to use the thread mill.
Also, when staying at their pool, the sun lounger is a bit scarce, we had to sit and leave our things on their restaurant table since there were no more sun lounger available. The pool was okay. But I would also commend the staff on the pool. He was friendly and he helped us out with our needs.
As for their breakfast, food were delicious. Coffee was not served instantly though unlike other hotels. We still have to ask coffee from their staff. We ate at around 8.30am and they say that breakfast will be served until 10.30 am. But what we noticed was that their were already empty plates on display and we had to ask for pancakes since we noticed no one is cooking it and busy doing other things.
Aside from this small glitches, it was still a great steal for me. The weekender promo price was already affordable for me so we couldn't ask for more. The hotel was also near to other malls and IT park and so is a plus factor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is nestled at the prestigious Nivel Hills providing a spectacular view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. Be it business or vacation, stay at Cebu City's Finest hotel, the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a 24 storey hotel with 329 well-appointed guest rooms including suites with fine amenities, 24 hour security and safety measures and free Wi-Fi internet. A trip to the "Queen City of the South" in the Philippines - Cebu, is a culinary journey. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is hailed as a dining destination of Cebu City. Dubbed as the "Best Buffet in Cebu City", Cafe Marco attracts diners to feast on Filipino, Continental and Western cuisine. It is awarded as Top 5 Restaurant in the Philippines by the prestigious Miele Guide in 2013. Blu Bar & Grill is an ultimate dining experience in Cebu City. From a thousand feet above sea level, it offers a panoramic view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. The glamorous Philippine Tattler awards it as one of Philippines' Best Restaurants. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a choice Cebu venue for meetings, conferences and celebrations. Its lavish Grand Ballroom and function rooms can accommodate up to 2,500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Marco Polo Plaza Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Polo Plaza Hotel Cebu City
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City