We stayed during Chinese Lunar New Year. They had activities in the lobby such as the lion and dragon dances, etc. It was fun! They fed the guests free tea and Chinese delicacies.
The staff is friendly, charming, and very professional. The lobby is quite impressive. The rooms are average and in need of refurbishing but clean and the beds are comfortable! Water pressure in the loo is good too.
We ordered room service. The food was good, the prices were very reasonable and the servings were huge! Disappointingly, it took them about an hour to bring the food up from the time we placed the order.
We enjoyed the buffet breakfast a lot. The food tasted good and they had a pancake/waffle station, a bread station, a salad station, a dim sum station, a noodle soup station, a continental and asian breakfast station and an egg station. Yum!
Make sure you visit the Penthouse. The al fresco resto-bar has fabulous views of Cebu city! Its nice and breezy and the food isnt so bad. It can be pricey though.
The hotel is located on a hillside but it is hardly secluded. There are lots of homes and establishments in the area so it can get noisy. Tourists will need to take cabs to the city proper. Ask the doormen to get you a cab. It isnt too expensive and you're bound to reach your destination faster than if you take a jeep. Walking to the city is NOT an option. Its just too far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is nestled at the prestigious Nivel Hills providing a spectacular view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. Be it business or vacation, stay at Cebu City's Finest hotel, the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a 24 storey hotel with 329 well-appointed guest rooms including suites with fine amenities, 24 hour security and safety measures and free Wi-Fi internet. A trip to the "Queen City of the South" in the Philippines - Cebu, is a culinary journey. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is hailed as a dining destination of Cebu City. Dubbed as the "Best Buffet in Cebu City", Cafe Marco attracts diners to feast on Filipino, Continental and Western cuisine. It is awarded as Top 5 Restaurant in the Philippines by the prestigious Miele Guide in 2013. Blu Bar & Grill at the penthouse is an ultimate dining experience in Cebu City. From a thousand feet above sea level, it offers a panoramic view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. The glamorous Philippine Tattler awards it as one of Philippines' Best Restaurants for the 5th time. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a choice Cebu venue for meetings, conferences and celebrations. Its lavish Grand Ballroom and function rooms can accommodate up to 2,500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Marco Polo Plaza Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Polo Plaza Hotel Cebu City
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City