It was Sinulog when I checked in to Marco Polo. I booked the Junior Suite. I arrived late because of the heavy Sinulog traffic but I was checked in just fine. Their private check in was at the penthouse and everyone who assisted me was very friendly.
I was just a little disappointed with the suite. The Premier Room at Radisson (which they dont call a suite) was much bigger than Marco Polo's suite. But it was nice anyway. Comfortable bed and very nice view of the city. There was a free basket of fruit and there were complimentary snacks at the continental club all day long (though I was too busy to get anything there).
I was greeted with nice cards inside the room and the amenities were more complete than the other lower rooms. The room was cleaned each time I would go out and there was turndown service I guess.
Again, the receptionist when I checked out was very friendly. Just a slight problem with the taxis which the hotel had no control of. Had to ride a jeepney and call a taxi somewhere else to get to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is nestled at the prestigious Nivel Hills providing a spectacular view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. Be it business or vacation, stay at Cebu City's Finest hotel, the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a 24 storey hotel with 329 well-appointed guest rooms including suites with fine amenities, 24 hour security and safety measures and free Wi-Fi internet. A trip to the "Queen City of the South" in the Philippines - Cebu, is a culinary journey. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is hailed as a dining destination of Cebu City. Dubbed as the "Best Buffet in Cebu City", Cafe Marco attracts diners to feast on Filipino, Continental and Western cuisine. It is awarded as Top 5 Restaurant in the Philippines by the prestigious Miele Guide in 2013. Blu Bar & Grill is an ultimate dining experience in Cebu City. From a thousand feet above sea level, it offers a panoramic view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. The glamorous Philippine Tattler awards it as one of Philippines' Best Restaurants. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a choice Cebu venue for meetings, conferences and celebrations. Its lavish Grand Ballroom and function rooms can accommodate up to 2,500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Marco Polo Plaza Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Polo Plaza Hotel Cebu City
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City