This is my second time in Marco Polo Cebu so this is also going to be my second review of the hotel.
I was only scheduled for one night in Cebu but my tattoo session got delayed so I had a lame excuse to miss my flight and book another hotel. I initially stayed in Radisson but I thought I couldn't afford staying there for another night so I thought Marco Polo was a better option. I made a reservation on their own website but I did not get a confirmation right away - their reservations department only emailed me after I checked out - so I just dared to go to the hotel and luckily they still had a deluxe room available for their weekender package.
I got free Havaianas included in their weekender package - nothing fitted me though and everything seemed to be for girls so that was for my mother. They also had other freebies and discounts included in the package but I did not get any of them - one of those freebies they indicated (a Marco Polo explorer gift pack for kids) was not available in the gift shop as I was told.
I collect key card sleeves (or whatever you call that case they use for key cards) so one thing I immediately noticed was how thin the sleeves were compared to the last time I was in this hotel and that was just 2 months ago. Maybe the hotel was cost-cutting?
I did not get the free breakfast and I chose to order the room service breakfast instead. Yes, it may be a little pricey but boy was I so full after eating half of it, so I was pretty satisfied.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is nestled at the prestigious Nivel Hills providing a spectacular view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. Be it business or vacation, stay at Cebu City's Finest hotel, the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a 24 storey hotel with 329 well-appointed guest rooms including suites with fine amenities, 24 hour security and safety measures and free Wi-Fi internet. A trip to the "Queen City of the South" in the Philippines - Cebu, is a culinary journey. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is hailed as a dining destination of Cebu City. Dubbed as the "Best Buffet in Cebu City", Cafe Marco attracts diners to feast on Filipino, Continental and Western cuisine. It is awarded as Top 5 Restaurant in the Philippines by the prestigious Miele Guide in 2013. Blu Bar & Grill is an ultimate dining experience in Cebu City. From a thousand feet above sea level, it offers a panoramic view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. The glamorous Philippine Tattler awards it as one of Philippines' Best Restaurants. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a choice Cebu venue for meetings, conferences and celebrations. Its lavish Grand Ballroom and function rooms can accommodate up to 2,500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Cancelon, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Agoda, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Marco Polo Plaza Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Polo Plaza Hotel Cebu City
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City