I have stayed at the MArco Polo a few times before. Although the rooms are a bit dated, i like the staff there and it seems to keep its classyness. There are lots of other newer hotels in Cebu now too but i would normally choose the Marco Polo. But never again.
I made my booking at lunch time on a Sunday via Agoda. Booking confirmed. When i arrived at the hotel that evening, they had no record of the reservation. The supervisor informed me that they don't do reservations on Sundays. And it is suppose to be a 4.5 star hotel?
Like many travelers i arrived after 12 hours of travel. Not only was the booking not processed, but the check in staff were very unhelpful. (ROse). Rather than copy the booking reference down and letting me go to my room,. i was made to find an internet connection and email it to them before they would give me a key. They had the Agoda booking, why force me to email it to them?
I asked for an Ocean View Room and was told none were available.However, the floor i was on seemed to almost empty except for me, in fact the hotel was quiet. Unless every ocean view room was out of service, i was lied to by the reservations people who i suspect just couldnt be bothered looking.
But it got worse. On checkout morning i got a phone call with a robotic voice asking if i had feedback. I said yes i did, but my comments about reservation problems seemed to drift past her ears like a warm summer breeze, and just a few "yes siiirrr" and then a goodbye. So i emailed the reservations manager with constructive advice as to how it could have been better. For my trouble i received 2 email replies. Both just said "test email". I also got a "Customer feedback" survey with about 150 questions..i doubt anyone would read the replies and so it wasnt worth the 20 minutes it would take to complete it.
If anyone from the Marco Polo chain reads reviews (i doubt) they really need to get in and shake up the Cebu reservations and check in staff. Worst experience ever at a hotel. Nothing goes right, they can't even respond to emails. I transferred to the Radisson Blu as soon as my booking was done.
Some great staff at the Marco Polo and the best breakfasts. But it wont survive if it bleeds its loyal customers with lazy and incompetent reservations staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is nestled at the prestigious Nivel Hills providing a spectacular view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. Be it business or vacation, stay at Cebu City's Finest hotel, the Marco Polo Plaza Cebu. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a 24 storey hotel with 329 well-appointed guest rooms including suites with fine amenities, 24 hour security and safety measures and free Wi-Fi internet. A trip to the "Queen City of the South" in the Philippines - Cebu, is a culinary journey. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is hailed as a dining destination of Cebu City. Dubbed as the "Best Buffet in Cebu City", Cafe Marco attracts diners to feast on Filipino, Continental and Western cuisine. It is awarded as Top 5 Restaurant in the Philippines by the prestigious Miele Guide in 2013. Blu Bar & Grill is an ultimate dining experience in Cebu City. From a thousand feet above sea level, it offers a panoramic view of Cebu City and Mactan Island. The glamorous Philippine Tattler awards it as one of Philippines' Best Restaurants. Marco Polo Plaza Cebu is a choice Cebu venue for meetings, conferences and celebrations. Its lavish Grand Ballroom and function rooms can accommodate up to 2,500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cancelon, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Jetsetter and Hotwire so you can book your Marco Polo Plaza Cebu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Polo Plaza Hotel Cebu City
- Marco Polo Plaza Cebu Cebu Island/Cebu City