“Truely a Five Star Hotel Experience”

Marco Polo Plaza Cebu
Ranked #2 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Davao City
“Truely a Five Star Hotel Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Customer Service -

Stayed in this hotel for a business trip. I am so amazed with the warm response of the hotel crew. check-in is very efficient, the hotel staff immediately escorted me to my room, orient me on how to use the facilities. The Housekeeping is very well trained also and can right away answer your request very quickly Iron & Iron board is immediately provided the moment I ask for it.

Hotel Staff is always ready to assist you when needed.

Breakfast - Cafe Marco has a wide array of food choices I love it!

Location - The View from the 17th Floor is great. View is overlooking the City, the It suits me well. But the place is far from the airport & shopping area. But the Hotel can always assist you when you need transportation.

But all the other things is great!

Room Tip: Always ask for a room on the 17th floor with City View
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Maia_0515

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bacolod, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

What I love about this hotel is their buffet breakfast a lot of dish to choose from and taste good :) Aside from the food,rooms are clean,the bed and pillows are comfy. Staff are well trained and dependable :) Facilities are old but its well maintained :)
I' ll always go back :)

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Lifeabliss
Los Angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I had stayed a couple of times at the Marco Polo on my last visit. They had admitted me to their frequent guest club and everything seemed to be going along well, until it wasn't. I was at this hotel specifically because I ran a company branch in Cebu, so this hotel needed to "work" for me from a business perspective. First problems started occurring when the in room web service failed me miserably. I had a client call scheduled and desperately needed to "connect". Several repeated calls to the front desk resulted in me waiting and waiting until they could locate someone who could help. I wish I could describe the dialogue in this calls, but it would require me to use profane language which is inappropriate here. Let's talk about their "loyalty" program. On the surface it offered some really special perks, evening cocktails, daily breakfasts and an opportunity to bring a "guest", mind you this was predicated on my paying a higher room fee, but it seemed to make sense to me. As a any logical person might do, I used the free breakfast offer and brought a guest, daily, until the woman who monitored the "loyalty lounge" breakfast facility provided me with a check for the breakfast charges of my guest. I protested, telling her I had a letter in my room that outlined my right to bring a guest. Essentially, she called me a "liar" without saying the words. I paid the bill, so as to avoid being pegged a theif and went to my room to retrieve the letter. When I brought it right back to her, she admitted she knew some letters said this, but after the fact they decided this was too expensive and retracted the program. I want to be clear, I was offered a program upon check in, and it was rescinded mid-stay, but mostly, I dearly appreciated being made to feel like a liar in a business setting. I spoke to the hotel manager who was too busy to be bothered with how upset I was and sent a "stand in" to discuss all of these issues. I am not sure what happened to the old adage that the customer is always right, but this pompous, arongang woman sat in front of me and tried to make me feel like I was someone out of line and wrong for my complaints. Needless to say, I told her the conversation was over. Never once did I stay at this hotel again. It is old and it smells. The restaurant is no where near as clean as some of the other comparable hotels in Cebu and overall, as a business traveller with service needs, I would much rather poke my eye out with a pair of scissors than ever return to this hotel. Believe me, if you actually need the hotel to assist you, do not waste your time here.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel, that is my tip on choosing a good room!!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
14 Thank courtneyb
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

The rooms are similar to Marco Polo Hong Kong. Friendly staff. Great place where you can relax and enjoy.
Overall stay was great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Subic, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012

High quality hotel with reasonable prices. Location is high on a hill overlooking Cebu and the waterfront. Best part is the Blu open air skybar/restaurant located on top floor of the hotel. Has gret views off city in the evenings.

Room Tip: Sea view are nicer but be aware sea is very far away in the distance
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

Marco Polo Plaza in Cebu is a retreat from the bustling city life of Cebu. A growing metropolis Cebu is experiencing the same issues like any other pollution, heavy traffic and people packed malls, restaurants and shopping strips. The family spent just an overnight at the hotel but we were impressed with the service, the facilities and the well trained staff. Located atop the hills, one can have a breathtaking view of the skyscapes of the city and at night one will be mesmerised by the beautiful cityscape ablazed with neon and street lights. I had a slight cut and the nurse came with a small band aid for my use. It really feels at home in a grand hotel like Marco Polo in Cebu.

Room Tip: The one facing the city will have better view not unless one prefers the mountains and the rustic sc...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

the Marco Polo group of hotels has remained our family's choice when travelling. I had an outstanding stay in its Cebu branch. As usual, the lobby had its signature clean and marbled floorings. The room is a little bit smaller than Marco Polo Hongkong but was okay as the sheets and pillows was nonetheless perfect, comfortable. Bathroom was clean and new. Good breakfast. and the service -- friendly and fast. Don't miss the mini band, the bosa-nova, jazzy-type playing at the lobby's bar during night time. Very nice and relaxing vacation here. and to note, it is not that overpricing compared to other hotels offering the same service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Harolds Hotel
Harolds Hotel
#3 of 87 in Cebu City
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa

Been to Marco Polo Plaza Cebu? Share your experiences!