“Sad”

and 1 more site!
Crowne Garden Hotel
Ranked #68 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed March 18, 2014

HORRIBLE customer service, there even was a bellhop sleeping on the lobby couch. Poorly maintained bathrooms, shower leaked everywhere and the water smelt bad. Bed was decent. Small bugs crawling on desk. Dingy, scary elevator. Never even acknowledged when we walked into the hotel. Decent TV. Wouldn't even say you get the bang for your buck!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jo W

Reviewed February 9, 2014

THis hotel is in good location.Near restaurants.Easy access on the highway.The problem is they need a bit of improvement in their service.Noisy.You can even hear the other rooms noises or even outside the door.Si can say its better for those party goers or nightlife person coz its location is near of everything.

Room Tip: choose rooms that is not facing the streets.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank lady d
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Location is near the metropolitan area
Accomodating staff.
if your looking for a cheap place to stay, this is the place for you.
Rooms are decently clean.. but the bed is dusty.
I stayed in room 519 near the exit and it was so noisy at night. Wondered why..

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank reezuh25
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This drab excuse for a hotel is the worst example of what a hotel should be. Words cannot express my total experience. It has one, and only one attribute, it is CHEAP. The bed sagged badly, the TV was old CRT with universal remote that I could not figure out. Roaches. AirCon on its last leg. The Bathroom was full of mold and mildew, water leaked from the shower/tub onto the floor. Bath mat was ragged. No internet except in Lobby or Restaurant. Did I say restaurant, another dismal place, empty of people and empty of service. Avoid, avoid, avoid, unless price is your only objective. I stayed one night. I did show management the problems, a kid of about 25 said he was the Housekeeper.

Room Tip: Change your rooms as many times as it takes to have a decent sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank TheLoneARanger
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is probably the nicest place in the area for the price. It's right on Salinas located near everything you need. Walk up the road a bit and you'll find a great massage place, IT park, shopping malls, grocery stores, etc...

Stayed here for just a couple nights. They said that there is only internet in the lobby area but I managed to get a signal in my room, though I wouldn't expect it. Rooms were decent and service OK. They offer room service as well.

Would recommend.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Tim O
Reviewed June 12, 2013

NEVER BOOK THIS HOTEL. EXTREMELY TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.
We booked with this so-called hotel for our trip last June 6-9. We chose this 'hotel' because of its location and price. PhP1500 for a superior room good for 3 people is very cheap. Besides, we will be out the whole day and we will only sleep for 5 hours the most anyway. We were supposed to check in at 10pm but our flight was delayed so we arrived Cebu at 12am, Friday June 7th. They said they will charge us for 1/2 day rate still or we can wait for 4am. We respected this policy so we left our things and went out to eat. We were so exhausted and irritated because of the terrible delay of our Zest Air flight so we went back to this hotel at 3am. In my nicest tone, I pleaded if we could go up to our room already. The front desk refused several times and said she couldn't override the system. It was only an hour difference and yet they don't even want to reconsider. We waited in their 'mosquito nest' of a lobby with horrible worn out couches for an hour before they finally let us check-in.
The room was very simple. Good enough for its price. But to name this place a 'hotel' is too ambitious. It is a pensionne house or an inn. The shower is clogged and the tub has stains and cracks. The toilet rug looks dirty and has thinned so badly, it's more like a rag. If there's any consolation, it's the fridge. It's not a mini-ref but a decent-sized fridge at that. We asked for pillows and they said they'd charge PhP50 per pillow per day. This is not a huge deal for me because for the price of the room, I knew they had to make up for in other things.
The worst turn-off that prodded me to write this review was when we had some left-over 'lechon' (chopped roasted pork) that we'd like to eat for dinner. We asked the kitchen if they had a microwave and if we could re-heat a plate. They said they do but they can't heat it for us because the food was not bought from them. Great customer service right? I really hope this place closes down. I know of inns who look exactly the same as this one but makes up for in customer experience. This one, sadly, has nothing to offer.

• Stayed: June 2013

Rooms: Spacious and clean, 10/10
Beds: Clean, large, and comfortable, 10/10
Pillows: Clean and comfortable, 10/10
Comfort Rooms: Classy for its price, 10/10

My short stay in Cebu was actually made complete by my comfortable and hassle-free stay in Crowne Garden Hotel Cebu. I'll definitely recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends