“Good Location”

and 1 more site!
Crowne Garden Hotel
Ranked #78 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stay in this hotel once or twice a month since we travel a lot. We never have problems in terms of reservation and what time we will be arriving to occupy the room. The service is good.

LOCATION: It's in SALINAS DR. which is near IT park and AA barbecue. SO whether it be day or night, you know you can go out and grab a bite by walking or riding a jeepney towards IT park or JY square. The location is great. Just one ride to and from malls (SM or AYALA) and it's just a few minutes walk to IT park.

ROOMS: Basing on the price we pay, it's good. There's wifi (signal not too strong and disconnects most of the time), cable (tv is old school, not like the flat screen/lcd ones and remote control sometimes doesn't work), room is decent(just a place to sleep in), airconditioning is good. Don't get a room near an elevator or you won't be able to sleep the whole night. The room isn't sound proof so if someone on the same floor leaves the door to close by itself, you'll be startled, or someone walks by your door, you'd hear their footsteps.

COMFORT ROOM: The tub is too small. The removable/adjustable shower head in some rooms are busted. the heater for the water sometimes needs adjustment to work.

BREAKFAST: Just go eat some place else to have cheap breakfast with great taste and hindi bitin. Ordered bacon, 3 small strips which I can just put in my mouth altogether. Orange juice isn't fresh. Coffee is 3in1.

SERVICE: The front desk ladies should learn how to SMILE and be POLITE. They should also learn how to move fast as not all customers want to wait more than 15 minutes before they're entertained and wait another 5-10 minutes to get a room they already reserved. Room service is fast. The food for room service is pricey and not worth the money so just buy outside and bring it to the hotel to save money.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room near an elevator. Rooms aren't sound proof you can even hear footsteps o...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Awes0me_Planet
There are newer reviews for Crowne Garden Hotel

Reviewed January 27, 2013

C1 ( 2010 )
There is located in middle of city and near Korean restaurant, massage shop, fastfood restaurant. It have small front, restaurant and room is not good generally. but I have stay several times because of lower cost. This Hotel is not good, but I like here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank HanJuyoung
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Rooms not well maintain,in the bathroom the lavatory and toilet are so low that we have to bend lower, the shower not good its the old that you have to hold so you can bathe the whole body and even the heater sometimes so hot and suddenly it becomes so cold, their towel so small and smells bad.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Me and hubby frequented Cebu for many reasons in mind but this time for medical concerns. We usually stayed along fuente osmeña. But since we are now utilizing our health card, we opted a place near Perpetual Succour Hospital - actually it was not really close to the hospital - i later realized.

The location is superb. Nice restaurants of different variations ( budget to classy ) located along the street. Not to forget the tasty Ayer's Lechon just nearby the hotel. Ayala and SM Malls are about 100 peso or less by taxi.

The price is affordable. I believe we availed the discounted rate. Guests are required for a cash deposit of 500 pesos for every room which will be returned upon check out. The room is spacious with room amenities that include tv, fridge, dresser and small closet.

The big issue of the hotel is the hygiene particularly pest control. Gosh, little rodents are our frequent visitors in the room plus the leaking water tub in the toilet. We took extra care in getting out after we took our bath as we might slid on it. We sought technical help from the front desk. The complaint was immediately attended but the water still leaks.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights as we're having our musicale staged at nearby Waterfront hotel. Location was okay as its near restos and fastfoods and along main road. Room was so-so, noisy aircon, not well maintained rooms and noise and heat coming from the streets. They charge you for almost everything. Meals are so overpriced and not so tasty. TV reception was so poor even though its "cabled".
Receptionist not service oriented. One time, I was taking a bath and the power suddenly went out, found out it was only our room whose power has gone out, called the front desk and asked for assistance, waited for 15mins or more none came. Went down to confront them about it, was told will be transferred to other rooms. I waited for minutes before they'll take action and the receptionist wasn't even apologetic for what happened. When I got back from our room, I was even asked by their maintenance what happened; if it tripped or something; told them how should I know, I'm not an electrician, if I we're I should have not called you, have done it myself. Service orientation of the people is poor to nil.
I wouldn't come back to this hotel or recommend it.
All the pictures here don't tell the tale.
Its a disgrace of having the "Crowne" word in their hotel or calling this even a hotel. The Crowne group of hotels should ask this hotel to take out the Crowne word in their name.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 1, 2012

By the looks of the management picture, you might get different idea of the place.
Pros:
- Location is good at Lahug and Salinas Drive
- Employees are very friendly (except one person in lobby)
- Room services works nicely even prices are higher over general philippines, but hey it's hotel.

Cons:
- AC unit is really old and noisy, and noises from outside comes thru the unit
- Walls are thin and as well the door. You can hear your neighbours and people at hallway
- 7 cockroaches in 3 days. Told in the lobby but what can they do, it's old hotel
- TV channels are not shown clearly (minor detail)

Generally I told about the issues which are some way fixable but as you know, there is little what employees can do. It's up to management to maintain the building.

Room Tip: - Check the AC unit noise before selecting room - Rooms facing backyard got rooster, dog and other...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Miniming, Technical Staffer at Crowne Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

We have removed the incorrect pictures. The pictures were added by Tripadvisor via a third-party provider. None of the incorrect pictures were uploaded by the hotel management or any individual associated with the hotel.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My colleagues and I stayed here when we attended a 3-day convention at nearby Waterfront Hotel. The location of this hotel is nice as it is along a main road and there are restos and fastfoods nearby. Our room was so-so, we had an extra bed and it wasn't a very comfortable one. EVERYTHING has a "charge." Need a hanger? 10 pesos each. Need an extra pillow? 50 pesos per night (other hotels do charge for extras but pillows usually cost about 20 pesos only and borrowing hangers is NOT charged!).The breakfast was good but overpriced at 200. All in all. Staff are polite enough but front desk personnel are a bit rude. The guard was the only one I tipped because he always helps me with bags and with hailing a cab so when I checked out, I tipped him but did not tip the (SUDDENLY) helpful bellboys. When one of the bellboys who "helped" me get into the cab (and I did not even NEED help, then) saw that I tipped the guard but not him, he slammed the cab door EVEN IF I WASN'T FULLY INSIDE THE CAB YET. I would NOT recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business