“Not good, but good in respect of cost.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Garden Hotel

Crowne Garden Hotel
Ranked #75 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Guri, South Korea
“Not good, but good in respect of cost.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

C1 ( 2010 )
There is located in middle of city and near Korean restaurant, massage shop, fastfood restaurant. It have small front, restaurant and room is not good generally. but I have stay several times because of lower cost. This Hotel is not good, but I like here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank HanJuyoung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Korean first
Cagayan de Oro City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Rooms not well maintain,in the bathroom the lavatory and toilet are so low that we have to bend lower, the shower not good its the old that you have to hold so you can bathe the whole body and even the heater sometimes so hot and suddenly it becomes so cold, their towel so small and smells bad.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Butuan, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

Me and hubby frequented Cebu for many reasons in mind but this time for medical concerns. We usually stayed along fuente osmeña. But since we are now utilizing our health card, we opted a place near Perpetual Succour Hospital - actually it was not really close to the hospital - i later realized.

The location is superb. Nice restaurants of different variations ( budget to classy ) located along the street. Not to forget the tasty Ayer's Lechon just nearby the hotel. Ayala and SM Malls are about 100 peso or less by taxi.

The price is affordable. I believe we availed the discounted rate. Guests are required for a cash deposit of 500 pesos for every room which will be returned upon check out. The room is spacious with room amenities that include tv, fridge, dresser and small closet.

The big issue of the hotel is the hygiene particularly pest control. Gosh, little rodents are our frequent visitors in the room plus the leaking water tub in the toilet. We took extra care in getting out after we took our bath as we might slid on it. We sought technical help from the front desk. The complaint was immediately attended but the water still leaks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Pasig, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights as we're having our musicale staged at nearby Waterfront hotel. Location was okay as its near restos and fastfoods and along main road. Room was so-so, noisy aircon, not well maintained rooms and noise and heat coming from the streets. They charge you for almost everything. Meals are so overpriced and not so tasty. TV reception was so poor even though its "cabled".
Receptionist not service oriented. One time, I was taking a bath and the power suddenly went out, found out it was only our room whose power has gone out, called the front desk and asked for assistance, waited for 15mins or more none came. Went down to confront them about it, was told will be transferred to other rooms. I waited for minutes before they'll take action and the receptionist wasn't even apologetic for what happened. When I got back from our room, I was even asked by their maintenance what happened; if it tripped or something; told them how should I know, I'm not an electrician, if I we're I should have not called you, have done it myself. Service orientation of the people is poor to nil.
I wouldn't come back to this hotel or recommend it.
All the pictures here don't tell the tale.
Its a disgrace of having the "Crowne" word in their hotel or calling this even a hotel. The Crowne group of hotels should ask this hotel to take out the Crowne word in their name.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

By the looks of the management picture, you might get different idea of the place.
Pros:
- Location is good at Lahug and Salinas Drive
- Employees are very friendly (except one person in lobby)
- Room services works nicely even prices are higher over general philippines, but hey it's hotel.

Cons:
- AC unit is really old and noisy, and noises from outside comes thru the unit
- Walls are thin and as well the door. You can hear your neighbours and people at hallway
- 7 cockroaches in 3 days. Told in the lobby but what can they do, it's old hotel
- TV channels are not shown clearly (minor detail)

Generally I told about the issues which are some way fixable but as you know, there is little what employees can do. It's up to management to maintain the building.

Room Tip: - Check the AC unit noise before selecting room - Rooms facing backyard got rooster, dog and other...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Miniming, Technical Staffer at Crowne Garden Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
We have removed the incorrect pictures. The pictures were added by Tripadvisor via a third-party provider. None of the incorrect pictures were uploaded by the hotel management or any individual associated with the hotel.
Manila
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

My colleagues and I stayed here when we attended a 3-day convention at nearby Waterfront Hotel. The location of this hotel is nice as it is along a main road and there are restos and fastfoods nearby. Our room was so-so, we had an extra bed and it wasn't a very comfortable one. EVERYTHING has a "charge." Need a hanger? 10 pesos each. Need an extra pillow? 50 pesos per night (other hotels do charge for extras but pillows usually cost about 20 pesos only and borrowing hangers is NOT charged!).The breakfast was good but overpriced at 200. All in all. Staff are polite enough but front desk personnel are a bit rude. The guard was the only one I tipped because he always helps me with bags and with hailing a cab so when I checked out, I tipped him but did not tip the (SUDDENLY) helpful bellboys. When one of the bellboys who "helped" me get into the cab (and I did not even NEED help, then) saw that I tipped the guard but not him, he slammed the cab door EVEN IF I WASN'T FULLY INSIDE THE CAB YET. I would NOT recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Muntinlupa, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

My Hubby and I had our vacation last July 30-Aug 1, 2011. Weeks before, we were checkinh on which hotel we could stay that is not expensive but comfortable. When we checked on their website, Crowne Garden were having a promo for 1600php/standard room, you will only need to pay 999php/standard room. Of course we grabbed the oppurtunity. I did make a long distance call to Cebu to reserve the room. Gladly, they reserve our room, w/ a bath tub and matrimonial bed. And what is the BEST is that they don't ask for any reservation payment unlike other hotels. So when my Hubby and I arrived, we were so happy w/ our accommodation. Definitely, a GOOD place to stay in because its just a minute walk to the best places in the city!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple