Our first personal experience of Blu Bar’s customer service has ruined a) all positive reviews we have been reading about it b) the taste of its gourmet food c) the reputation of Marco Polo Plaza hotel Cebu where it is located d) and even the panoramic view it offers.
We dined with a group of about 30 people (the biggest for that night) and the waiter spilled a TRAYFUL of sparkling white wine all over me and my husband, leaving us both WET and my eyes stinging so PAINFULLY because of the carbonated drinks. While this was purely accidental on the part of the waiter, we hold the management of the restaurant, including the F&B Director of the hotel completely accountable for POOR PREVENTIVE and CORRECTIVE measures in place:
1) While the staff apologized profusely, there was no one even asking if we are okay. We were the ones who had to request for a nurse to get our eyes checked.
2) They gave us a free shirt as compensation. Free shirt!?! I remember we were given a free shirt before by AA's barbecue in Guadalupe for slow service. And AA’s bbq is just a very simple, 2 star outdoor barbecue grilling resto in Cebu. Later, Blu Bar offered us free dinner for 2. Ironic cause we are never going back.
3) WITHOUT any initiative on the part of this resto located inside a world renowned hotel with world class amenities, we were the ones who had to demand my husband’s clothes to be dry cleaned/washed by the Laundromat available for guests.
4) The manager admitted that they were UNAWARE the waiter was working for Blu Bar that night as he was originally assigned elsewhere. How could the manager NOT know the roster of people working within the resto she manages!?!
5) As per my husband (since my eyes were stinging so badly I didn’t get a look at the waiter’s face), the waiter still continued to serve us even AFTER the incident.
6) Few minutes after the incident, we still heard more glasses/utensils shattering/falling by the kitchen staff.
We are sharing this review as a warning to other customers as well as to improve on Blu Bar’s disappointing customer service, management and SOP’s for the sake of its future customers.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.