“Very Friendly Hotel”
Review of Cebu Grand Hotel

Cebu Grand Hotel
Ranked #61 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Not in the best location but getting a metered cab not a prob. Cost P100 to SM City and less to Ayala. P100 to Downtown and slightly more to tops so not too bad. Can walk to Robinson, 20 min.

Very friendly staff, counter, door and restaurant. Limited breakfast buffet but decent local food. Free wifi.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed May 4, 2012

It has been at least 2 or 3 years since I last stayed ath the Cebu Grand Hotel. Since that time, they have renovated the lobby, rooms and restaurant area. Looks much better now than then.

Our check in was very smooth, everything was completed in advance and only needed to sign the form.

My wife and I stayed in a Deluxe room, chich was quite large and had a queen bed and a twin bed. The only room amenity was the flat screen tv with a lot of cable channels, even had my favorite Fox Crime which I don't find most places. The water heaters for coffee service have been removed and the room doses not have a room safe. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

The beds were still firmer than I like but I slept ok until the roosters crowing woke me up before 4 AM.

The buffet breakfast was ok with egg station, various meats, breads, fruits, and cereal. The restaurant also is open all day, but I don't recommend it. If you order, expect to wait for your food for about 45 minutes, it definitely is not fast food. I ordered fried chicken and when I got it, it was cold, don't know how that can happen, but it did.

I would stay at the Grand again, but given the large number of similiar properties now available in Cebu, think I would opt for another hotel, at least to try.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ken B
Reviewed May 3, 2012

This hotel is smack in center of cebu. At the same time it is tucked away so that I get excellent sleep quality here - too good actually, I overslept the brekfast! :)
Even though it is central, they have a small pool on the 7th floor, they have charming rooms and a very nice sercurity routine for the security boxes at the front desk. With the staff here I actually feel totally and utterly safe and relaxed. The wifi is free and actually awsome - enough to wach youtube. Streaming is NOT something I expected to be possible on a free wifi in the Philippines. The minibar in my room was stocked so you have the option to use it (for lower cost then I expected from this hotel), at the same time it still have space so that you can by some things of your own to put in for chilling. Perfect combination!

So; a very good hotel to a nice cost. And now over to the gem - the staff. It feels as they really want to make your stay a happy one, and that it is not only a work for them. It is common that you can find one or two nice people at an hotel, it is very rare that you cant find anyone who is not. So far I have not managed to find anyone who is not extreamly nice.

As I allways try to make an objective assesment I allways try to find my biggest problem / issue when staying at a hotel. I only have one here so far: when someone is doing a good service that is a bit "extra" (like helping me with bags etc) I like to tip. Usually it is no problem in the Philippines as there is usually only one or two that earns really good tipping. Following this rule of mine make me run out of small bills on Cebu grand, have not managed to solve this problem yet.

In conclusion - a hotel that should be one of the top choices for your money in Cebu city. And staff that are even better. I will be back next time I go to Cebu.

Room Tip: Room 604 was awsome! The balcony, as well as the room feel huge. A room to die for!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Dan N
Reviewed March 31, 2012

very nice hotel. big, clean, convenient room. overall, i would recommend this hotel. the following event does not change my overall recommendation. very strangely they gave us a room by which hotels air condition system was passing. in the middle of the night we woke up with huge noice. this room should not have been given to anybody in the first place. good thing they changed our room without any hassle.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pinar79
Reviewed March 2, 2012

just completed our stay here for one month,good food,clean rooms/shower area,staff were the most friendly of any place we have been in cebu.close to most attractions/nightlife.get the rooms online for the best priceof 50$ u.s. hats off to yogi,jenny,and joshua and the rest of the staff for a very good stay here. thank you..

Room Tip: try middle floors,4th and 5th,if possible...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank peter b
Reviewed February 26, 2012

it was a shame that we only had to stay there for 2 nights. The food is really good, the service is great (only they kept calling my room when i was taking a nap) the place is so accessible that you can walk from the hotel to the nearest commercial center and the nearest clubs. The place is cozy and the staff is friendly and even if its in the busy street of the capitol, its not as noisy as the other hotels I've been.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Stayed there for 3 nights.
Rooms were huge for the price I paid .
Staff were friendly & efficient ( I liked the doorman, ready with an umbrella when it rained, ready to call a taxi when you needed one)
Location was some outside the centre, but as taxis were very cheap, it didn t matter.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo