“kanos wants cheap price and five star service heeeeeeeee”
Review of Metro Park Hotel

Metro Park Hotel
Ranked #77 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed October 10, 2006

stayed here in 2003 and 2005.hotel is fine for price charged-yes ownership is aloof and workers inexperienced and u may see a mouse-but cleanliness is average-hotel maintenace overall seem substandard-but not unusual for price-my main gripe was the predatory charging practices of the girls that worked there-never had bad experience with male staff-but those girls were true idiots-try to charge for sunshine-heeeeeeee better watch them.think they're trying to impress boss--will stick it to you.be tough with them or do like me and let your filipino wife handle them-heeeeeeeee--best of luck and don't be deterred from staying here-overall i would be positive and stay here again--just ignore those girls heeeeeeeeee

• Stayed: March 2003, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank kanoheaven

US
Reviewed July 7, 2006

for an economy hotel, it is not that bad. the staff are friendly and when there are problems they will attend to them quickly. the food is ok though it's not the greatest. but there are places close to eat and lots of places will deliver. we did have a slight problem w/ants, but when we complained about it, they took care of it immediately. all in all not to bad for the price.

• Stayed: August 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Korea
Reviewed March 26, 2006

The hotel for the PI was better than some of the ones I have stayed in the USA. They gave me two towels and carried my bags to my room. I have never seen that in a hotel in the states were you pay $70 for one night and this hotel cost me $30. I actually liked all the staff. They spoke English well. I liked the Bell hop. He thought I was an Aussie. I am in the military and this hotel is better than my dorm room where I lived for the past two years. If anyone asked me from an affordable hotel in cebu. This hotel would be the first one.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cebu
Reviewed February 15, 2006

Personally, I thought it was "Okay, but some problems" then I reconsidered. After all, it is a budget hotel. Plus, I have to admit I stayed at this hotel more than once. That I went back there, I guess, deserves another point.

First, I just want to point something out. I feel I need to include a response to the reviewer who posted pictures of this hotel's neighbours. Don't want to criticize other people's reviews, but I really don't think this hotel can help it if its neighbours don't look nice. Anywhere you go in Cebu, you'll come across shanties and squatter areas, even in the nicest of places. I've stayed at Marriot, - there's a squatter area nearby. I've been at Waterfront (gambling) - and yes - there's a (big) squatters area right at its entrance.

Friendly Recommendation - if you want pictureque views at Metro Park, request for a 4th floor room if available. The view from the 4th floor room I stayed in is pretty good (mountain view). If views are really important, you can always request for a room check to make sure you get a room with a satisfactory view.

Rooms - yeah, this hotel has been needing a fixer-upper which it got recently. The room I checked in last January had been recently repainted, which is good if you don't mind the smell of fresh paint while you're sleeping.

Service - a little slow the one time I called for room service, but I may be having too high expectations.

Value - as what another reviewer has said - this hotel is very very very CHEEP. The average price listed on Tripadvisor for this hotel is 24 USD, but you can get a room at this hotel for as low as 16 USD, and even lower if you can get their Economy Room.

Cleanliness - Average. I'd like it if they get new linens and pillows. Again, I may be expecting too much from a budget hotel.

Dining - Not so bad, but the location makes up for it. There's a lot of restaurants a few minutes' walk away or if you're feeling lazy - just a 1$ taxi cab away or you can pay a tricycle handler to pedal you to the main street for less than 5 pesos (10 cents USD).

Activities and Gym - Swimming Pool and that's about it. Again, the location helps. This hotel is near a busy street w/ plenty of restaurants, the big casino at Waterfront nearby, and just minutes away from shopping centers.

Pool - you can't dive in the pool. It's only about 4-5 feet deep, not sure. I confess I complained to the manager about the depth. He explained that the law requires a lifeguard for pools with depths more than that. Translation - deeper pool = higher room rates.

Summary - so long as I keep in mind that Metro Park is a budget hotel, in a very good location with prices I can't complain about without sounding like a big cheapskate - I think it meets and beats its 2-star rating. But, if I keep expecting more, chances are that I'll be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 28, 2005

Must say, the pictures on the internet look very good, but reality is different. But you must know that the Metro Park hotel is very, very, very cheep. That is the reason for the poor rooms. But, the staff is very nice. On my next visit I'll rather spend my vacations on Philippine islands....

• Stayed: September 2005
4  Thank SasoSlowenia
Sydney
Reviewed September 28, 2005

Yes I had a great time at Metro Park. I found the staff fine and the hotel is very quiet and a short taxi ride to Ayala Mall. Good places to eat along the main road and within walking distance to "The Village".
Keep in mind it is one of the cheapest in Cebu. Others mentioned here are three times the price.

• Stayed: May 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Missouri
Reviewed September 24, 2005

I stayed at the Hotel for two months. The pictures on their web site look better than reality. The pool is not as nice as it appears. Food is very expensive compared to local spots. Its off the main drag (Salines Dr) and you have to walk through alleys if you dont take a cab to get to main street. Ownership is not Philippine and very unfriendly. Personel are friendly filipinas. Elmer can be helpful. Had to chase a mouse out of the room a couple of times. Outside the walk to the main drag, its in a good location. I wont stay there my next time which will be in the next couple of months. There is a new hotel being built next to Jo's Chicken on Salnies but I dont know the rates. I would have moved out of Metro Park Hotel, but some of the guest were my friends. Again, management was terrible, unfriendly and cold!!

• Stayed: February 2005, traveled on business