“Nice staff, but lacking on other things”
Review of Metro Park Hotel

Metro Park Hotel
Ranked #79 of 92 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed December 7, 2012

First of - the staff at this place are trying to do a good job. This review is not any complaint to them. And yes, it is low rates. The good things stop there as I am concerned. The area is unsafe to move around yourself in, especially after dark. Lone female - dont even concider it! From what I saw of the hotel I got flashbacks from Gordon Ramseys "Kitchen nightmares". I have lived at VERY spartan places in the countryside of Mindanao (200p/night per rome rate) but this was by far the worst I have stayed at. Worn down, strange smell in room, signs that the hotel dont take responsibillity if things go missing from the rooms together with warning signs with pictures of people... dont fell like a safe place for everyone.

If you are male, philippino and need a low cost place to stay this might be ok. You wont be as "visable" to people of the wrong character. However, if you are a single westerner, a single woman or both I would suggest to put a few more peso in the hotel budget and stay for example at the Cebu R hotel.

However, it is not possible to get another hotel with a pool for this cost in Cebu city.

Room Tip: A room at another hotel!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Dan N

Reviewed December 4, 2012

If you're on a budget, this hotel is good for you. Location is good, security is good, staff is courteous and accommodating. The room I got was small but comfortable and the hot water in the bathroom was a plus! The free breakfast was delicious and generously portioned.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank BadNewsBear
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Hello fellow travelers.

Like to pass on some thoughts about my experience at Metro Park Hotel.
I have had the pleasure of travelling throughout the Philippines recently.
Much of my time was spent in Cebu, and I stayed in a few different places.
My favorite by far is Metro Park.

Important criteria for me are the following:

Security 24hour Security, providing excellent Safety.
Friendly Staff Very Friendly Staff who always make you
feel important and well looked after.
Cleanliness Professional housekeeping who keep rooms very clean.
Swimming Pool Great size Pool and entertainment area. Clean every day.
Hot water Individual heating controls in each room.
Air conditioning Cool rooms with reverse cycle air conditioners.
Cable TV Movie, News, Documentary channels.
Refrigerator Clean fridge in every room.
Wifi Free Wifi in Restaurant and Lobby.
Price Best in town, 800 pesos, Can you believe it ?

When it comes to price, Metro Park is excellent, whilst still keeping a very high standard.
In most hotels you get what you pay for. At Metro Park you get SO MUCH MORE.
The staff make you feel like you are staying in five star and do their utmost to
look after any needs or concerns you may have during your stay.

I notice a bad review for Metro Park was recently added.
I was surprised by some of the comments made and disagree with the content.
Most surprising to me, was that the person says they booked for five days
but only stayed for one. Obviously they did not give the Staff and/or Management
the opportunity to deal with their concerns.
I was really disappointed that they would use this forum to attack the Hotel, given
the bad effect that negative comments can have on a business of this type.
I certainly believe in being honest, but I find it unlikely that the hotel caused this
person to have the experience they shared in their review.
Any time I had any issue, the Staff dealt with it quickly and professionally
to my complete satisfaction.
I also noticed, there are quite a number of Patrons who stay long term.
Would not expect to see that in a place with the problems mentioned in the bad review.

Finally, my fellow travelers, I highly recommend this Great Hotel to anyone
visiting Cebu, whether for a long or short stay.
No matter what your expectations may be, I am sure you will be very happy
staying there.

Happy Travels
David of Australia.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David D
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I booked this hotel after seeing photos on "Agoda" website. Imagine our shock when we arrived to find that this hotel is so rundown and the photos on Agoda's site must have been taken when the hotel was new. No hot water on the bathroom, no water at all at the hand basin, shower recess was filthy, I use better towels for rags in my workshop. No chair to sit on to use computer. Now to the pool area, nothing like the photos very rundown, could not use if we wanted too as there was a private party using the pool. In the yard of the hotel was a huge derelict earthmoving machine. We were asked for a 2000 peso deposit when we arrive but on reserving the room i was told it was 1,500 peso. We originally booked for 5 nights but stayed 1 night and moved to Hotel Pier Cuatro which was much better.

Room Tip: try Hotel Pier Cuatro, friendly service, wonderful staff, very clean rooms and reasonable price
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aloha A
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I came across this hotel while surfing the net. I called a few days ahead and reserved for an economy room. The following list sums up how I felt about my stay in Metro Park Hotel Cebu.

1. Early check in was allowed by pleasant front desk personnel.
2. I didn't have to wait uncomfortably in the hotel lobby, unlike other hotel staff who are inconsiderate and snooty.
3. The option to have a windowless room, an option that only very few hotels offer. I slept peacefully in pitch darkness for hours.
4. The beds were very clean! Thick, comfortable sheets, soft pillows, mattress-- all were clean and fresh-smelling.
5. I asked for hot water and less than a minute later it was delivered.
6. Refrigerator in the room. MAJOR plus factor too.
7. Comforters for each bed. I loved it. Not the thin blankets like other hotels have.
8. The individual beds were movable. I pushed them together to make one huge bed.
6. Full length mirrors on the closet. It made the room look bigger and brighter.
9. Exhaust fan in the bathroom to avoid nasty smells.
10. Visitors could come hassle-free.
11. Car service on 24/7 availability.
12. Proximity of the hotel to IT park, Ayala, JY square, but it's located in a quiet area away from the main thoroughfare but is accessible.
13. Hotel safety and security made me feel totally safe.
14. No unnecessary calls from front desk personnel or untimely visits from housekeeping.
15. Air condition temperature was just right.
16. Strong signal for Sun Cellular and Globe Telecom.
17. Availability of bedside lamp and power outlets.
18. Clean bathrooms, no mold or mildew on the tiles.
19. Strong wifi signal.

Suffice to say I was very pleased with the quality, room accommodation/amenities and the service. I only chose the economy room, yet I felt as if I was billeted in a 5-star hotel. Truly worth the price. I will definitely visit again soon, and I will surely recommend MPH to my friends. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank duch_diva
Reviewed January 23, 2012

On January 22, 2012, for third time in the last six three months, my wife and myself went to this hotel for one night stay.
We made our reservation in person, December 11,2011.
To our surprise, the front desk lady asked me a deposit of php 1.500.00, for a php 800.00 room.
When I informed the lady that in the past I just paid for the room in advance, but no deposit was asked, she replied that was the policy of the hotel. Then she said "how about php 1000.00 for deposit?
I just said good bye and walked out and went to another hotel.
NOTE: web page of this hotel mention a FIVE HUNDRED PISOS DEPOSIT, NOT SEVEN HUNDRED.
Good bye for ever, ever, amen.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Dipolog42
Reviewed December 13, 2011

If your looking for affordability, comfort, security, good food at comparable prices; just check into
Metro Park Hotel. I have stayed here for the past four years every time I visit Cebu. You couldn't ask for a better deal for the price. They have studios, one bedrooms and two bedroom suites.I usually opt for the one bedroom. You don't have great views, but there is a small pool, the restaurant food is good, they have cable TV, hot/cold water, access to taxi's and it is centrally located to Ayala, SM,
Gaisano Country Mall and JY Mall. Its very convenient and very affordable. Give it a try you might just like it. Ask for Heidi, she is an excellent Front Desk Clerk.

Room Tip: Ask for Heidi, she is an excellent front desk clerk.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends