“book by internet,or by phone direct”
Review of Metro Park Hotel

Metro Park Hotel
Ranked #67 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Sydney, Australia
“book by internet,or by phone direct”
Reviewed August 13, 2011

i used to stay here many years ago,but no more,the hotel was cheap by out of the way,when it was wet it was hard to get a taxi to any place,plus the room arent that clean an its very noisey hotel,lots of weddings there,also its not an area you would walk around at night,if you want a cheap room with a kitchen its ok,but theres better hotels around now in cebu that are better maintained,but you can check it out on the internet,also you can read other peoples report.not my choice any more.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beven7777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
kolekole08
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Metro Park hotel is located in Lahug, Cebu. Stayed there Dec.1-4, 2010 with friends and family with my 8 month old son. this place is cheap ( 1,100.00 pesos per night).. we got a nice clean room with 2 beds. with a/c hot cold water. very quiet with a nice view of IT center high rise buildings and a magical view of famous Waterfront hotel and casino. the staff at the ground desk were polite and helpful. the only drawback about this place was it is hard to find, and it takes a while to get a taxi cab because this hotel is off the majoy streetway. also, that the taxi driver who drove us from the airport had a hardtime looking for the place..but ALL you have to say is it is Close to IT center/ or IT village.( call center hub). one thing I didnt like about this place is that they lack toothbrush/toothpaste, soap, ( no biggie, we brought our own supplies) and their towel is sorta worn out. but their comforter, sheets, were soft. they will charge you 25 pesos for extra pillow. they have limited menu but we got a free breakfast, american, local style, but the food was good.hey, you will get what you pay for. but with all the minuses, cebu is such a nice place to visit that I would to come back again and maybe stay again at MetroPark Hotel:-)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Kolekole08
Reviewed September 29, 2010

It may be cheap but...
We stayed in an economy room and I couldn't even sleep! The bed was rock hard, the sheets were crunchy, and the sandwich (when we finally found the crummy restaurant) was horrible and came on moldy bread! There were holes in the wall that I was afraid bugs would crawl out of, no headboard, and the bathroom was just downright gross! On top of all that, the guy in the restaurant told my husband how he "finds girls for men" and offered that service to my husband! Worst place I have ever stayed anywhere in Cebu!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank NewlyCebuanos

Travelers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed September 5, 2010

We had a blast there. The swimming pool was always clean and easily accessible. Restaurant was great along with all the staff and security guards. Very friendly and helpful. Service was very good. We definitely would stay there again and will sometime before the end of the year. I also liked the basketball goal there. One of the guards was even kind enough to fetch a basketball for me out of the storage room. I highly recommend it. Showers, tv's and ac all worked nicely. Mark Lafoon and Ireen Dela Vega.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Ireene10
San Diego, CA
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I have been a guest at MP in the distant past. So I was comfortable with making my reservations here for a condo unit for one week. In the past (6 years ago) it was clean, affordable, responsive and up to date. It is still off the beaten path, with rutted roads and smashed dead rats in the street leading up to the hotel. The owners took the time to paint the outside of the hotel. The results were a lot like putting lip stick on a pig...still a pig. The desk staff was clearly more interested in their personal grooming than greeting me as I tried to check in. As I approached my room, I was over taken by the strong smell of ciggarette smoke in the halls and elevator. The room did not smell much better. I did a quick inspection of the room before the bell boy left and sent him on with a list of repairs that the room needed. This list included a sofa that had three large rips in it with the stuffing hanging out. A broken hot water heater, no shower head, dirty floor, mold on the shower curtain, stains (of questionable nature) on the comforter and ants in the kitchen. The internet is overpriced and it allows other users to break in and use you time. The staff admits this but will not compensate you for your loss. At one point, while I was on line, the hotel suffered a brown out for about an hour. The connection was lost and when they finally got the connection back 24 hours later, I found that I had lost all of the remaining time I had on my card. Again, the staff or (non-existant) manager refused to compensate me for the loss. The worst part about the stay was the theft of my property. Particulary my towels and pillow. I do not like the small towels that you would find in these hotels so I provide my own. They took two of them and denied (lied) to my face about the matter. Since the manager never came in (or so they say) I could never get compensation or return of the towels or the pillow. Other food items disappered from time to time, however this was just more evidence of the dishonesty. The hotel is long over due for a major upgrade. Tiles on the floor are cracked, broken furniture line the halls and the walls in the hall way are filthy. I would suggest a floor by floor upgrade to include good quality paint, fix the tiles, put in a coffee maker, small microwave and a desk. Get rid of the plastic table and chairs that were ment for outdoor use and put in real furniture. The closets also need hangers and doors. My particular closet had one door but the other was removed for some reason. The pool was nasty with mold and algie. With a little attention and a replacement or training of the staff this hotel can once again be a nice place to stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Mooders
Maine
Reviewed April 12, 2010

I stayed at Metro Park Hotel fot 7 weeks and never had any of the problems of what others are talking about. I found the hotel very clean and the staff very friendly. Our room was always clean and since there was my family in the room I just bought my own towels. (No Problem). I neve rtried the food service there, but while we were there we neve rheard anyone complain of the food. The people out side the hotel were very friendly and we use to buy from their little stores. Many times I went to teh lobby and talk with the front desk, guards and other staff and found them very friendly and helpful. Any time i asked for something they were happy to do and did it fairly fast. We really enjoyed our stay there and will be going there soon for at least a month. I would recommend Metro Park Hotel to anyone. Again Metro Park and all the staff. You do and exellent job. Cary and Cristina Albarina Theriault ....Sorry no photos haven't put them in the puter yet. You can contact me at ymmc55@yahoo.com ........ When you are there make sure you talk with Ron. Everyone knows him and say Hi for me to him and the entire staff. Thank You

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank ymmc55
HK
Reviewed July 6, 2009

i stayed in this hotel a couple of times,mainly because they have a 2 bedroom apartment. used to be a good place if u want to invite ur extended family to stay with you. it used cheap,we usually stay for a month and just spend less than 1,000USD for accomodation and foods for the entire stay. our last stay last '06, i found lots of things has changed,the management not only rude but implemented a lot of rules as if they are a 5 star hotel. swimming pool used to be nice during the '02-04 management. when i came back in '06 it was in terrible state. i never went back coz of the poor management,not to mention rude frontdesk manager and staff. security guard always chat and allows bystander to stay inside the hotel grounds w/c makes it more unsafe. and the last piece that makes me never wanted to stay there anymore is that i read in the news that some guest was killed in his room. ewwwwwwwww!

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family