I stayed at the hotel for a conference in July 2012, like SportTraveller and Epistemologist. It's interesting that while we give the same overall rating, we liked and disliked different things. For instance, I thought the breakfast had sufficient variety for a week. The trick is to choose only a couple things each day (there are about five offerings each day, with some changes) and not be afraid to eat options that are not Western "breakfast", like rice. I enjoyed the nearby mall eateries, as well. Well, except Jollibee.
I had no problems with Wi-fi anywhere, unlike the others. I also had no problems with water temperature, though there were at least four people at the conference who did. My major concern was mold in the bathroom - look at the black spots in the top right corner of the bathroom shower. The rest of the hotel has curtains, colors, and furnishings from the 1980s. My room, for instance, had green and burnt orange in the color scheme.
Overall, this is a moderately priced, moderately good property. There are better places, like the Radisson, and there are cheaper places. This fits in the middle. It was acceptable for the conference, though if I were to return to Cebu I would prefer a better hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amidst the bustling and active metropolis of Cebu City, the center of trade, education and business of Central Philippines, lies the tranquility and serenity of Montebello Villa Hotel. Montebello Villa Hotel is the only garden hotel within Cebu City located on a sprawling four hectare landscape reflecting the richness and charm of Cebu’s Hispanic heritage. It is the perfect blend for the business traveler and leisure traveler. A short distance to commercial establishments, business centers, shopping malls, churches and a golf course, with easy access to the historic beaches of Mactan Island and the Mactan International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Montebello Villa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montebello Hotel Cebu City
- Montebello Villa Hotel Cebu Island/Cebu City