See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 15, 2009

OK so we met here and then we married and all that romantic stuff..... so we are biased, ok? This trip we stayed in Mid-Town hotel (major mistake, truly awful), LS Pension House #3 and then back to our dear Holiday Plaza. It needs renovating. The restaurant in the evening is awful. Breakfast is just fabulous - the choice is great and the service is fantastic. Eat upstairs on the rooftop - Sinugba Bay - for grills and soup and other nice stuff. Not cheap, but worthwhile at least once on your trip. Reception is professional, room service/housekeeping is brilliant, but the staff need to work hard for your tip as they are not well paid. We had been surprised by the poor reviews here and elsewhere and felt that this trip (18 months since we were last here) the hotel has tried hard to respond to criticism - but do not expect any major investment and up-grade!!!!
So, we felt good getting back. Hotel is nearly 3 times the price of the pension house (2000 pesos v 750 pesos), but we really enjoyed the last week of our holiday staying here - as did our Cebu friends who kept coming to see us in the hotel!

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ScalliwagToo
Reviewed November 2, 2009

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed September 18, 2009

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I've visited cebu four time the last two years and I always choose Holiday Plaza being close to almost everything, shopping mall, restaurants, food mart, etc. I'm a kind of guy who does not complain about little shortcmings with regards to hotel services. Though I agree on some of the complains cited by other guests on this hotel.. But my last stay with this hotel got into my nerve. I lost a ring and a necklace I left in my jacket in my room. Did not report to front desk, because I only discover it that my jewelry gone when I was checking out, hoping that I might have put it back in my luggage, as I don't wear jewelry when I'm traveling. I'm aware about hotel policy that they are not responsible for any lost things left in the hotel, but some workers in this hotel having access to room are sticking their fingers on garments hang on closets and also cleaning out what they can find. I've heard that manaement underpaid them, but it's not an excuse. Management must be make aware of this if they want a good reputation and do more business....

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo