See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Had a chance to go on vacation with my husband and stayed at the Holiday Plaza Hotel last August. Rate was reasonable and comes with complimentary buffet breakfast. I have read mixed reviews about the hotel but decided to stay anyway as the offer was great. Well, i had a very pleasant experience- room was nice and comfy with clean sheets all the time, air conditioning was GREAT (as most complaints is about their room being hot), and bathroom maintained immaculately clean! Special mention to the friendly staff- they surely made our stay wonderful. My husband and I will definitely come back on our next visit and recommend this hotel to friends!

Room Tip: Get a room ending in even numbers to have a nice view of the mountain at night
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sabine G
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I did the right move in choosing the Holiday Plaza Hotel during our vacation in Cebu last May 8->11, 2013. The hotel is conveniently located in the uptown area, just across Robinsons in Fuente Osmena. It's also just a walking distance from Larsian and the Crown Regency, where the "Sky Adventure" is located.

What I also like most about Holiday Plaza is that they accept reservation without requiring any deposit. You can easily book through phone.

Their staffs are also very nice and friendly. Also, from experience, Holiday Plaza is probably the most "considerate" hotel I've book in to.

I'm looking forward for my next trip to Cebu City and I'll definitely be coming back to Holiday Plaza Hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Asmoth
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Holiday Plaza excels it self just for the buffet breakfast alone,which is inclusive in the price for the hotel room.Anyone who has stayed at this friendly hotel will vouch for for this fact,Evening time,recommend trying the bbq restuarant upon the rooftop,lovely views,quite romantic,choose your own fresh fish,prawns,or crab,and they will prepare it for you,reasonably priced.The hotel staff care for your needs and make your stay very welcome.The room large airy and provides all basic necessities.Everything is clean tidy and presentable and in good working order.Ive stayed at this hotel at least 3/4 times,my longest stay 2 weeks.always found it relaxing friendly and would stay their again,which for me will be in December 2013.I also like the easy walking distance to the town,access to Robinsons,and the variety of shops and stalls that are available.A short taxi or jepney ride will take you to Ayala or the SM shopping mall.All in all the price is right,the room is more than ideal,location is good,I'm from England,and i do have my standards,i do like value for money,this hotel meets those expectations.You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jonb624
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed in this hotel last Oct. 25,2012 for an overnight stay. We are delighted to have a big room for my husband and daughter. The room is nice but quite outdated. However, the airconditioning is functioning well and the comfort room is nice and clean. The beds are comfortable ( 1 queen size and 1 single bed ) and they have clean beddings also. What we enjoyed most is their buffet breakfast. The food is great! plus the staff are friendly and accomodating. My family is planning to stay again in this hotel. Their room rates are reasonable considering that their location is only a walking distance to a mall and other establishments.

Room Tip: rooms on the far end are quiter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank grace0204
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This was my first visit to the Philippines and my first vist to this hotel.. First impressions were good. Met at the front of the hotel by the security staff who was very polite and helped me with my bags to the front of the hotel doors. Very kind of him and very unexpected. Then the bell boy picked up all of my bags and put them on a trolly and asked me to go with him to the reception area where I was met met with a big smile and a very warm greeting... Booking in was painless and while I was waiting was asked if I would like a cold drink or a cup of coffee. After a very long 19 hour flight this came as a relief and again very unexpected. I was then shown to my room by the bell boy who was a delight and was very polite and helpful. Once arrived to my room he helped me lift the bags to where I wanted them and then proceeded to show me where everything was and how to work everything like the TV and air con.... He made sure that I had a supply Or coffee and tea and the fridge was fully stocked with complementary water... He even went so far as to ask one of his work collegues for extra cold bottled water for me which he fetched himself and put in the fridge. Such a nice helpfull member of the hotel staff who I got to know very well during my stay there.. The rooms were very clean and well maintained. The staff who came in every morning to clean the room and make the beds etc were excellent and again very polite and helpful. Nothing was to much trouble for them and were very flexible in when I wanted them to clean... The buffet breakfast in the mornings were superb. Lots to eat and very varied with all mannor of meats fish and standard breakfast cereal if you wished. The waiters were always topping up your coffee or tea cups and always made sure you had fresh bottled cold water if this was required. Again nothing was too much trouble for them. They even would make you a custom omelet if you wated it. Again everything was fresh and served hot... Not like some hotels I have been in where some of the food was Luke warm... This hotels food was always pipping hot... The hotel rooms were all top quality and staff were an absolute delight and incredibly helpful. There was also a wonderful BBQ on the roof of the hotel held every night the views while eating your food were great. The only thing I would say would improve my stay would be to have safes in your own rooms rather that them currently being held at reception. But to be honest this was a minor inconvenience.
I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone... I will certainly wish to stay here again on my next visit to this country. A fantastic hotel and the staff are an additional bonus and a tribute to the hotel management.

Room Tip: Try and get a front facing room looking out to the main road... Good for people watching!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends