See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 5, 2008

This stay was in May of 2008. I stayed here the first time in November of 2004 and had a better experience. Things have gone down hill since then, both with the hotel itself and the area surrounding the hotel. First off, let me say that a lot of my issues had to do with the condition of our rooms. I had a deluxe room and a business class room on the fifth floor. They were desperately in need of renovation--stains on the walls and carpet, dim, depressing lighting etc. I noticed, however, that the second and third floors seemed to have been newly renovated (judging by the look of the hallways when the elevator doors opened), so if I stayed here again I would request a room on one of those two floors.

That said, the rooms do have cable, mini-bar, plenty of hot water, and decent air conditioning, so it’s not all bad.

The service was mixed, but got better day by day as employees got to know us as regulars (the fact that we tip well did not hurt either). By the end of our visit we were on a first name basis with some of the employees. The first day of our stay was the worst, with one employee arguing with us about the little refrigerator in the room. It was only cooling to a little better than room temperature, whereas the ref in our other room was cold. She just argued and refused to do anything about. However, we did not see her again the whole time we were there. Maybe she was a short-timer who was ready to quit anyway. I don’t know. We never complained about her (we just decided to get a bigger, better room), so I know she was not fired because of us, at least. One desk employee also gave us some grief when I went to buy the bigger room (the day we arrived we had two deluxe rooms, but I upgraded one of them to business class). Both of these encounters were on the first day. The rest of the time service was great. The security guys are especially good--and deserve to be tipped (hint to everyone staying there). They do multiple jobs, I guarantee you would be shocked if you knew how little they earned in a month. Most readers here have probably spend more on a pair of shoes.

One thing that bothered me somewhat--there seemed to be a lot of sex tourists there. I'm not talking little kids or anything, but a lot of older White guys coming in with very young Filipina women at all hours (sometimes with multiple women). I don't recall seeing this last time. It kind of gave the place a bit of a "red light district" feel. But I imagine, given the proximity of all the girlie bars in this area, that one would run into this at any of the hotels in the uptown.

Food: The breakfast buffet is decent, but they serve the same thing every day so it does get tedious if you are staying more than a couple of days. The downstairs restaurant has a huge menu, but we did not eat much there so I cannot say much about quality. The rooftop barbeque is great though. This is where ended many of our evenings. To me, this was the best part of staying at this hotel, and I was surprised the place was not busier. The food was good and cheap, and they have a full bar, also cheap. Just ask them to put on different music if they get stuck on Kenny G. for more than an hour! 

Development in Cebu is going North, and next time I will probably return to staying at the more expensive Waterfront Lahug. We opted for Holiday this time because back in 2004/2005, when my wife was still living in Cebu and I was visiting her as often as possible, Fuente Osmena, Ramos and proximity was the place to be for the best variety of restaurants, shopping and everything else--lots right there, and central to the two big malls. But with all of the stuff going into the Lahug and Banilad areas, "uptown" seems on the decline where lots off stuff is close by the Waterfront that was not there before.

In all, for those with business in the area, assuming you go for a room in a renovated section of the hotel, you could do worse. But you could probably do better also. Compare prices.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank fepatter
Reviewed May 22, 2008

The Hotel was awesome by all means- Location, Service and all other stuff..The bad thing is that the lobby was not that spacious. I stayed at a deluxe room with my brother and we had a great time..The hotel was also near a shopping center where we could buy things and eat.Overall, I rate it 4 out of 5.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank jay_v16
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Good location, a few steps from Fuente Osmena. rooms kind of basic but very clean with the stuff you need i.e. minibar, cable tv, working and sitting area. Staff very helpful and warm, especially to repeating customers. Restaurant dining and breakfast nothing special but plentyful. A good deal is the rooftop garden with nice views and a decent good priced bbq at night. No facilities such as gym or pool but you're not staying at a resort are you? Always my home when stopping at the Queen City of the South.

Stayed: January 2008
2  Thank StoneIsland
Reviewed January 8, 2008

I have been to Cebu over 10 times so far and I cannot find a better hotel to stay at for travelers that are on a budget. Every one of the employees that I have had to deal with here have been exceptionally polite and professional. The food at the restaraunt downstairs is excellent as is the rooftop restaraunt. Make sure you rise early to get a good table and the most food at the breakfast buffet. You get a great view of the city from the rooftop. I believe there is also a nightclub on the top floor, but I have never been there so I can't comment on that. The rooms have always been clean and the aircon has always worked great. The only thing I think may be a problem for some people is that the internet cafe is very small and uncomfortable. But, there are many other internet cafes in the city so it has never been a problem for me. The hotel is also in walking distance to Robinsons and Raintree Mall and Bo's Coffee is right next door. Very easy to get a taxi out front and the doorman will always take the taxi plate info for added security. Always remember this...a friendly smile, a good sense of humor, and a respectful attitude will always get you more in Cebu than money will.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cebuman
Reviewed November 17, 2007

This is my second time to stay in this hotel and I was not so happy as my first time. Reasons - I booked for a Business Class Room (my first time I had Deluxe) thinking it would be better than a Deluxe room but it was a failure. Room is small, and the internet access was not working in the room. The Sinugba restaurant which I loved in my first visit was also closed this time. :-( Though the buffet breakfast was still the same extensive it was. I would have second thoughts of visiting this hotel for the third time..

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business