“Great hotel to be for Sinulog!”
Review of Summit Circle Cebu

Summit Circle Cebu
Ranked #21 of 91 Hotels in Cebu City
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I like checking into this place during Sinulog because it is centrally located, and you have a great view of the parade as it goes round Fuente Circle. I didnt have to stay out under the sun to watch the parade, coz each floor has a glass panel lobby where you can view the parade from. It is also on top of Robinsons Grocery so any necessity is accesible, and you can spend hours browsing in the mall waiting for time to pass. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The newly renovated rooms on the upper floors are spacious with contemporary interiors. Bed is freshly made up everyday and sheets are clean. If lucky, you can get a round fronting Fuente Circle, so it is nice to observe traffic while looking out your window. If you get a room on the south side, you get a nice view of the grand finale fireworks display at the Crown Regency during the last day of Sinulog. Food is hit and miss -- at times they have good menu, but at times also they dont have a good selection. Salad bar needs improvement, meaning, it needs more choices to choose from.

Tip: If you want to reserve in this hotel for Sinulog, do it really early and call the hotel reservation desk rather than do it online. Online booking goes through a third party and communicating your booking has possibility to fall between the cracks, like what happened to me. I had to call the hotel several times, and they denied any booking, and could not do anything about because the list has not been finalized by the third party (outside travelling agency) yet. The best way is to have someone you know in Cebu pay the reservation upfront in the hotel desk, so you can be assured of your accomodation.

Room Tip: Request to have view looking out to Fuente Osmena Circle.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lingling78

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Dont expect anything great. It's modest accommodations. Hot water in bathroom takes and stays too long. Location is great beside shamrock

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank evilstepmonster
Reviewed February 23, 2012

If I recall correctly, this hotel used to be Cebu Midtown. It was renovated and opened for business in December 2011 as Summit Circle. The lobby is well lit and exudes warmth but what I appreciated very much was the welcoming smile of the staff. They were very accommodating, cheerful and efficient. Checking in was a breeze! The room where we stayed in was roomy for 3 adults. It was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The only downside is the TV; it wasn't flat screen and was too small. The food at C2 restaurant in the hotel needs a lot of improvement. We ordered seafood inasal and it was too salty; breakfast was unimpressive. Apart from commendable customer service, the hotel is conveniently located. Public transportation is available to take you to the city sights.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travelersjoy24
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed there 2x 1 week at a time, first week was great and the restaurant's buffet breakfast was good and the staff was specially nice although the second time around was a little testy when they opened the new restaurant supposedly in time for Festival, the staff was all new and the restaurant was definitely not ready although they stated to settle just as we were checking out a week later, furthermore we booked through an agency ensuring all our kids are also booked individually( to ensure I don't have to argue with anybody) but they insisted on charging us for extra breakfast not to mention they advertise "children under 12 eat free" it takes for me to call my agent to have it sorted but apart from that our stay was fine.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jonah P
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Stayed here just recently, for 3 days. Feb 1-3. :)) Had a nice experience in this hotel (overall). Although, I was quite disappointed when I checked in. It took them before they could give me my key card. The staff who was on duty that morning was taking her sweet time.. Was getting frustrated cause I had a meeting.. Anyway, my room was at the 8th flr, facing Fuente Circle. It was actually nice and spacious. Even had a couch.. Bathroom was clean but cramped. When you open the door, it's gonna hit the toilet seat. Toiletries provided was shampoo and soap. There was a hair dryer..That's that. There's no usual stuff like shower caps, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.. The aircon wasn't that cold, even if I placed it at the lowest temp. I had to request for another key card so I could leave my other key card in the room just to make sure that my room would be cold enough when I get back from my meetings. The bed was nice, so were the pillows. I had a good night's sleep which is the really important part. There was a mini fridge and small vault. Breakfast buffet..it was so-so.. Hmm.. don't expect your usual breakfast menu.. Their omelette was bland.. nothing special about their food.
Overall, it's an average place to stay in. If you're looking for a hotel that's worth your money. That's the hotel to stay in. It's near different establishments and restos too. =)

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms at the top floors. :)
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JB82716
MelCabreros, Manager at Summit Circle Cebu, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

We are glad to hear that you had a pleasant experience at Summit Circle Hotel. Thank you for taking the time to communicate your thoughts with us and for pointing out the areas that requires further improvements. We have reviewed your feedback in detail and we took necessary measures to further improve our services and prevent this problem from occurring again in the future. Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Again, we highly appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming a better hotel. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied guest and we hope to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 26, 2012

I remeber my first stay at the Cebu Midtown hotel a few years back and during my recent trip in Cebu (Jan 2012), I must say that the hotel and room, where I stayed in, have improved a lot. The lobby is well lit and the staff are VERY accomodating and helpful. The room is more clean looking and (seems) spacious compared to the last time I was there. The free wifi in the room is a big bonus which helped me update my social sites and also catch up a bit on work...Since it was Sinulog, most of the time we were out and about, but we're glad that after all the hustle and bustle that we have to go through the city, we have very good hotel that made us feel right at home.. Til next time..=)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dennisd05

We are pleased to hear that you were indeed delighted with our services and accommodations. Thank you for your positive feedback. We are glad to be of service to you. We hope to see you on your next visit to Cebu.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night while in Cebu. The hotel is in a great location right in the middle of Cebu and sits on top of a mall. It appears to be newly remodeled and you can even smell the fresh paint. My room was very nice with its new modern Asian decor. The room also had a safe and the WiFi appeared to be working good. The staff and service were exceptional. They were very friendly, efficient, and helpful. True professionals. I accidentally clogged my toilet. As soon as I walked into the hallways and told the room cleaner, he immediately grabbed a plunger and had it fixed in less than a minute. This was the only place I stayed at, while in the Philippines, where the service is up to western standards. Would definitely stay again and wish I stayed longer.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Danimal2007

It is good to hear your positive response to our services and accommodations. As you might know, Summit Circle Cebu formerly known as Cebu Midtown Hotel, has recently undergone an extensive make-over, to reflect its more progressive thrust. Our goal is to be a brighter, more colorful and environment friendly hotel that will appeal to local and international guests alike while retaining the warmth, homey ambiance and efficient service of the old Cebu Midtown. We hope to see you again on your next Cebu trip.