“Great stay and i am returning.”

BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu
Ranked #7 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
Derry City
“Great stay and i am returning.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights in June 2013, I forgot to leave feedback, so I will do it now , better late than never.
Coming from Ireland my experiences in Europe and the Americas have been very different to what I have experienced in Asia.
I booked this Hotel after reading the varied reports on this wonderful site. I was a little sceptical as my Taxi took me from the Airport to the hotel, the area around the Hotel looked to be less than desirable, but later when I went for my daily walks I could have not been more wrong, the people were friendly, there were many little shops and places to have a drink or snack.
The Hotel can best be describes as a Rose surrounded by some thorns.
I even found a little laundry to care for my needs close to the Hotel, when I travel I prefer to use as many local facilities as I can find.
Arriving at the Hotel was perfect, the door man was very welcoming and seemed to have a smile for everyone.
The process of checking in was quick and I was in my room not long after arriving.The room was surprisingly modern and all my needs were met. The WIFI was good, but to be honest I only used it for about 10minutes each day, I like to use my vacation time experiencing everything local and not spending a lot of time on a computer.
The bed was comfortable, Television met my needs and the Mini Bar was handy.
The Bathroom was perfect and met my needs. The Hotel provided nice amenities, there were of a really good quality. I needed extra bathroom amenities and these were promptly provided after a call to reception.
The roof top pool was a real eye opener, perfect and a lot of the time I have it to myself. You can relax on a recliner and enjoy the evening, one day I was able to sit and watch an approaching storm as I enjoyed my drink, it was an amazing experience.
To conclude I would recommend this hotel, it cannot be beaten for price and value for money. I so liked this hotel that when I return to Cebu in June this year I have made 2 separate bookings for a total of 6 nights, would I do this if this hotel was less than perfect for my needs?
Well done to all the staff and I expect more of the same this coming June.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Maac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Santa Rosa, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

I found the place nice but I am not sure why the front desk people are not quite accommodating. I left our certificate in the room during our check-out. They checked the room before they advised us that everything is okay. However; they did not call me for the certificate that I forgot. I hope this call the attention of the management.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank JeCano
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

The reception area is very garish, too right and unwelcoming, the corridors look a little tired and the carpet makes it feel too 80s. But the rooms are great. The quality that you expect from an international brand. Huge and comfortable bed (and I mean huge, I lost my girlfriend in it), clean towels and bedding, great wifi, space in the room to think and breathe. Top marks. The raised infinity pool on the roof was great looking (didn't get a chance to dip into it though) with some nice views in the evening (I did get to taste a vodka soda in the twilight). Breakfast was very simple. I must say that the staff at reception where a little slow for info (but friendly all the same), the porters at the front door are your go-to guys, quick and helpful, without any of the lag that comes with the front of house staff. Would stay again (in fact I am back in Cebu in three weeks and will hook a room).

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank krys_k
Cagayan de Oro City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

The entrance is nice with the helpful and nice staff around, the room is spacious enough and so with the bathroom room with all the bathroom necessities. Their breakfast buffet is quite good. The place is just around the city and easy to get taxi.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ladybing18k
Ko Samui, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

Booked business room and they give me a room facing the street. The room is clean and big however it's noisy from morning till evening non stop. Asking to move to another room but no availability since it's Christmas time. However the room is clean and big.
Breakfast though limited choices but it's good. Come early as if it's around 9.30 AM (they closed at 10), they don't refill anymore. Location is good and it's easy to find a taxi. The staffs is very polite and helpful and I think this is their strong point.

Room Tip: Chicken Inato restaurant just infront of hotel is serving very good chicken BBQ and very cheap with...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Bernard Neil T, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Lex Cebu, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Dear Mr. Hadi H,

Thank you for staying with us and for your review. I am pleased to inform you that we have taken steps to improve the soundproofing of our rooms. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this have caused you. I hope to see you on your next visit to Cebu and have an enjoyable stay with us.

Best Regards,
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Upon entering the hotel, I felt like I walked into Christmas. The lobby was adorned with a beautiful Christmas tree and the speakers piped out Christmas carols. The modern hotel only set us back $50.00 for the night.

We checked in late after our flight and was greeted at the hotel with warm friendly staff. The concierge showed us to our room and showed us how to work everything which I thought was a nice touch.

The room boasted a large king size bed, LCD screen and separate tub and shower.
The room had a nice soaking tub and a comfortable bed for a good night's rest. The TV signal wasn't that great but it was fine.

We had the breakfast buffet at our hotel restaurant that was included in our $50.00 room rate. There was a great variety of offerings for both Western and local travelers. The buffet had common items such as pastries, pancakes, sausages, cereal, cheese, fruit and an omelette station. There were menu items that caught my eye that aren't typical in Western breakfast buffets such as: mango/fish sauce salad, chicken Marsala, fried rice, and fish and chips.

For the locals and Asian travelers, there was white rice, shumai and congee bar. My favorite was the congee bar because I was able to customize the breakfast porridge bowl to my preference. I added scallions, chicken, pork, salted eggs, radish and lots of garlic.

Although we didn't indulge in any sweets, I thought it was cool that there was a dessert bar at breakfast.

After breakfast, we hung out by the hotel's roof top pool. We practically had the whole roof top to our selves with the few occasions of other hotel guests coming up to see the city view. The infinity pool and lounge area was beautiful. The hotel gave us a small fruit platter and we nibbled on it poolside. It was very nice to relax and unwind.

I would definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kim-Marie
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel, nicely decorated.
The staff is helpfull.Worst service ever
The rooms are nice, good standing, with safety box, complimentary bathrobes, complimentary soaps, shower caps etc..., mini bar, room service, nice bathroom.
The pool on the roof top is very Nice as well and gives a nice vie from the city.
The area around the hotel is less nice though and many taxi's have never heard Of the place, so dont forget You room card holder which has the full adress written on it...
Recommendable and good value.

• Stayed December 2013